Just Hearing This On The News Now The Head of FEMA

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

shminifancier

Reaction score
What I want to know is how the heck did the Guy that is head of FEMA

get that Title in the first place~!!!..He was the head of the some

Arabian HORSE Organization (I do not know which one)... How the heck

with That back ground was that guy found fit to lead such an important

place in the Federal Goverment as the Head of FEMA??????? Please

answer me that one...

FEMA does have a plan in place that is a working good one. But if the states/Governor in particular, won't follow the guidelines it doesn't matter who is in charge. The Governor should resign! All states file a plan with FEMA. The majority of the fault lies with the Governor/Mayors that didn't follow their own plan.

I just read the plan on a FEMA site.

Last edited by a moderator:
Bluebell said:
FEMA does have a plan in place that is a working good one. But if the states/Governor in particular, won't follow the guidelines it doesn't matter who is in charge. The Governor should resign! All states file a plan with FEMA. The majority of the fault lies with the Governor/Mayors that didn't follow their own plan.
I just read the plan on a FEMA site.

463238[/snapback]

Yes that is true... But kind of makes me woder just Who that guy knew to get head of FEMA

I just got this from another list on him....

He was a top official at THE Arabian horse association!

http://www.arabianhorses.org/default2.asp He was asked to leave (i.e.

he was fired). From what the news media said.

As to how he got the FEMA job? It's not what you know, it's who you know.

I heard this report a couple of days ago-meant to post, but have been hauling and stacking my years' supply of hay(my own self), so have either been very busy, or very tired!!
wink.gif

I do not know ALL of the details; what I heard reported was that Brown had been in some manner "in charge of" judges and stewards(?)for the Arabian Horse Association-have also heard that he was fired from the job because he couldn't take direction....? In any event, as far as I can see, there is NO WAY someone like him was qualified for a position like being head of FEMA!!! This appears to be a purely political appointment(Brown was 'brought into' the Bush admin. by some guy who was cozy with Bush-a former college buddy of Brown's.) This is UNCONSCIENABLE, that such a position be a purely political appointment...I am a Republican, and plan to remain one(even though I do NOT follow the "party line" in its entirety); however, I did NOT vote for Bush(or for the Democrat, either)in recent elections, as I couldn't abide EITHER --but consider it worse than shameful that this appointment was so apparently a political "plum". That is simply sinking TOO low.....and what's the worst is that this man's ineptitude may well have cost some LIVES!!
no.gif
no.gif

LOL That is generally true
smile.gif

I found this interesting about Hurricane Floyd"

After Hurricane Floyd and related, widespread flooding, North Carolina State University rescued and kenneled 450 small animals (mostly dogs) and more than 700 were kenneled through East Carolina University. Of those rescued animals, North Carolina State reported an abandonment rate of nearly 80%.

In the same disaster, approximately 2.9 million pets and livestock were killed.

I am so thankful i have never been put in the way of harm so bad that i have had to make the decision of staying or leaving. So sad.

shminifancier said:
What I want to know is how the heck did the Guy that is head of FEMAget that Title in the first place~!!!..He was the head of the some

Arabian HORSE Organization (I do not know which one)... How the heck

with That back ground was that guy found fit to lead such an important

place in the Federal Goverment as the Head of FEMA??????? Please

answer me that one...

463219[/snapback]

GOOD GRIEF! That is NOT Michael Browns background. The head of "some" organization?
laugh.gif
Yes, he was the Commissioner of the Arabian Horse Association for a while when the organization was in the midst of some big problems. And you are going to judge him on this title alone? Do you have any idea what that job entails and the millions and millions of dollars that run thru an organization such as AHA? Look a little further back into his life..................Being our commissioner is not the only thing he has done...........
rolleyes.gif

And as to being fired......there is MUCH more to the story than that. Let's just say it got hard to do his job. And you are a fine one to talk............as you know you can't believe everything you read.

He did not find his place........they found him.

http://business.bostonherald.com/businessN...857&format=text

This is what the news people are saying of the guy...and like the title says he was "asked to resign" hmmmm.. Him and the Boggs did not get along I knew that..

GOOD GRIEF! That is NOT Michael Browns background. The head of "some" organization? 
laugh.gif
  Yes, he was the Commissioner of the Arabian Horse Association for a while when the organization was in the midst of some big problems.

From what I understand Brown was brought in to FEMA by a friend of his, for a position that he was more than qualified. He remained in that position until he was later appointed to the head of FEMA.

Robin

He was in office when the whistle was blown on David........which I do not want to get into here. It cost the Association tons of money. There are lot's of crap flying around about that and many other things when it comes to David. Most people don't know the half of it.

This is not meaning that I go along with MB has done with the hurricane. I think the entire thing GROSSLY mishandled ......but don't judge the man because you think all he has done was work for the AHA.

Everyone should know.........including you.............what the media is capable of.

How did he get the job? Seeing as he had no experience in disaster work, at all, he got the job because of his good friend. The Prez. That isnt a guess, or a joke, or a quib against Bush, it is fact.

Bluebell said:
He has some experience in disaster work. You can read some of it here. But yes he was appointed.http://www.fema.gov/about/bios/brown.shtm

463301[/snapback]

ok, so his experience was post 2001 LOL if you even want to really call it 'experience' It does crack me up if some think that a couple of years enough experience to head up FEMA Its not nearly enough experience and we have seen that NOT saying this is all his fault, we dont have nearly enough info yet.

Even worse, BUSH thinks he should head up an investigation into this handling? Wrong wrong wrong! It should be lead by either people with nothing to gain/hide or political motivation, or an even number of them.

Him and the Boggs did not get along I knew that..
As far as I'm concerned, that's a great recommendation for Brown. Enough said.

I do not know this guy, have not read the articles, and have no opinion on his appointment. But I do want to point out that being involved with horses hardly prevents you from having a day job which may be in any field and qualify you for many things!
laugh.gif
AHA is a big-money organization and I would personally find it a statement for someone's abilities if they had led that group. AGAIN- I know nothing about his performance in that role and am not saying he did a good or bad job.

Just my .02

Leia

Once again, from what I have heard, the friend is not the "Prez" but someone else that was with FEMA. He was later appointed to the position after having spent time in the original position in FEMA that he was more than qualified for.

Robin

Excuse me, I haven't read all the responses here... but what difference does that make?

Bob and I heard that on the news a couple days ago, and the first thing Bob said was... so? I raise miniature horses, does that mean I can't do my job as a paramedic? It was a narrow association, but a fair point.

What does it matter what this man USED to do?

If you were a nail technician some years back, but now work in a bank... does that mean
new_shocked.gif
oh horrors, you MUST be lousy at your job?

I'm sorry it just seems like these reporters are grasping at anything they can to throw mud... and THIS IS NOT THE TIME FOR IT!!!

There will be a time for finding out what, IF ANYTHING, went wrong... now is the time to simply get through this, and make it better. As Mr. Brown said... when people are suffering NOTHING would have been ENOUGH. It was a catastrophe of astronomical proportions, and no matter what was done, it wouldn't have seemed like enough.

Well, If Mr. Brown had done his job, and not dropped the ball like he did, the reporters wouldn't even be mentioning his previous career. It's a little late now, but his qualifications should be scrutinized, a lot of lives could have been saved if he had only responded in a timely manner.

shminifancier said:
http://business.bostonherald.com/businessN...857&format=text    This is what the news people are saying of the guy...and like the title says he was "asked to resign"  hmmmm..  Him and the Boggs did not get along I knew that..

laugh.gif
  Yes, he was the Commissioner of the Arabian Horse Association for a while when the organization was in the midst of some big problems.
463260[/snapback]

Since when is ANYTHING you read in the news true?....The news people are all about rating's and paper sales and honestly could give a rats behind about the truth..
no.gif
no.gif
wacko.gif

Since when is ANYTHING you read in the news true?....The news people are all about rating's and paper sales and honestly could give a rats behind about the truth..   
That is exactly what I was getting at. The media........wonderful, aren't they?
new_shocked.gif

Vertical Limit Minis said:
That is exactly what I was getting at. The media........wonderful, aren't they?
new_shocked.gif

463553[/snapback]

yep and I for one am tired of it...there are real live people and animals that need help not hype....play the stinking blame game later...quit creating trouble when there is more than enough of that already........I am noticing the same trend here I post actual contacts and people helping and no one wants to hear that...they want looting, shooting, people/animals dying in the streets......yep I am cranky and I am ticked off...we live in such a media driven hollywood based society and it makes me just plain SICK
smileypuke.gif
smileypuke.gif
smileypuke.gif
smileypuke.gif

The media serves a purpose. They expose us to things that we wouldn't normally see. I don't like most of the media but I can tell you, if it weren't for them, people wouldn't be donating millions of dollars and sending down all the animal rescue groups. It took the press showing all the horrible and sad images to get our nation stirred up enough to rally together and send donations. My friend just got back from 3 days in Mississippi doing animal rescue and she said everyone was so happy that the press was down there, getting their story out.

Latest posts

Back