just have to share

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

runamuk

Reaction score
this slide show is worth the wait the photographs are very surreal .........these were taken during actual rescue and recovery............

the other victims

sad.gif
bye-sad.gif

Heartbreaking.
no.gif

I've sent money in for the animal rescue, but feel so helpless..........

MA

I know how many people are actually down there helping these animals they are being saved.........if they cannot be caught easily they have been leaving food and water for them until they can get them caught.........I am on the foster list to take any potbellied pigs ....I am almost at my legal limit for dogs so cannot help there they still need volunteers to foster these animals..........but the good news is they are getting them out and getting them help..........

The photo's are sad and yet inspiring...those animals were staying just waiting for their people that they knew had to come back for them........already people are searching the people lists trying to reunite dogs and their people that part is tough the dogs have tags but now they have no idea where the owners were evacuated to.........

Oh......just tears at the heart-strings....... hopefully most if not all have been saved by now.....I know, that is a pipe dream, but I can hope.
wub.gif

That is heartbreaking! I'm leaving now to gather up all my dogs and give them a hug!

When I first posted about abandoning pets |I meant what I said- it was not empty words. In order to get me to leave my dogs to that sort of fate you would have to shoot me dead where I stood. Just shows how faithless we are. I hope someone had the guts to put those animals out of their misery if they did not have the guts to say "the Heck with the rules, I'm not leaving the dog" One old gentleman died in a house fire caused by a candle knocked over because he would not leave his puppies- a Human life could have been simply saved by bundling those fifteen tiny things into a carry crate, but, no, there were "rules" When do our pets get to make the rules?? I guess when people are prepared to abandon frail old humans to their fate we cannot expect any sort of loyalty to animals. So lets help where we can, pray when we can't and remember a lot of people died because they would not leave the helpless, animal and human, and a lot of people did keep the faith.

There's a show on Animal Planet tonight at 9:00 ET (I think) about the rescue of animals in the flood area.

How sad! I do know that LSER has brought out about 50 dogs, 2 iguanas and a couple of pygmy goats. Still waiting to hear the fate of the goats, I let them know that I could take those if they go unclaimed.

The last update I read ASPCA alone had evacuated close to 2000 cats and dogs.....they are the major coordinator along with NOAHS wish ........I need to get some current updates.........

Latest posts

Back