Just got home from the Funeral Home

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thank you dear Lara for going last night and representing all of us here at LB. No better steward could have been found..you have walked in her shoes and God Bless you for having the courage to go there for her.

Thank you Lara for having the courage to go to the funeral home. I know how difficult it must have been for you, and yet you still found the determination to go, for Marty, and for us. Thank you so much! I also hope it has, even if in some small way, helped you in your healing process as well.

Lara, you are a strong, STRONG woman. How hard it must have been to do this after having lost your own son. Thank you so much from the bottom of my heart for doing this for all of us here on the forum who were not able to go ourselves.I still have been trying to call but just can't do it. I get near the phone and just start shaking and the tears are right behind.

I am glad to hear that you got our emails to Marty. I just wish I could have been there to give them all hugs. Sounds like I missed a really good hug from Dan. He is also a very special young man. God Bless him.

Thank You!!

Lara said:

I told Marty I will be here for her in anyway I can be. But she needs you all.. The hardest parts in my opinion have yet to begin.

This is so very true!! If Martys doctor had her in control with drugs, as these wear off, she will really begin to realize what has happened. I think it's going to hit her really hard. And once the cards stopp coming and people stop visiting and life goes back to "normal" it's going to be really rough on all of them. I remember back in 2000 whtn I lost my mom, then my dad 7 months later, each time. once the cards, etc. stopped coming I kep getting the feeling that nobaoy cared anymore. It is very hard!

Lara,

GOD BLESS YOU for dredging up the strength and courage to cross the doorway of that Funeral Home! And thank you for representing us from Little Beginnings Forum.

I think I told you with PM's or e-mails that I lost my brother (have also lost my parents and very close friends) but even though it's been many years since my brother, Dan, was killed -- reminders still happen (such as the guilty parties get released from prison and commit more crimes!) and the nightmares come back. So, I applaud you even more for your strength after such a short time since you lost your Joshua.

You are a wonderful and amazing lady,

MA

I don't feel wonderful or amazing. It was something that I needed to do for me. Marty, and all of you that couldn't make it. I have learned more than anyone will ever know after losing Joshua. Joshua taught me so much in death then I could have ever taught him in life. Compassion, showing love, honesty and we are our brothers keepers. Just like Marty said last nite, I knew MIchael was a good kid, but I never realized after talking to all these people that is was that good of a kid. That just tickled me, cause we too were told stories from friends of times that Joshua was there for them. how he never tried to hurt anyone. And the weridest thing, each and everyone of them said they same thing to us.. " Josh was my best friend".

One boy wrote us a letter and said Thank you for having him. We look back on those times with smiles, some tears, but mainly smiles... Joshua had this little saying, when something went good for him his response was always, "GOOD TIMES" in this silly little voice.. David and I use it all the time now.

Marty and family have a long tuff road ahead of them. When all is over with, and life begins again for them, it's close to unbearable. I just wish I could somehow prepare them for that. But I don't know how.. Marty is very fragile right now. She does know I am here, and I will keep in touch with her. But I can't take the incoming pain, fear and deep deep hurt from them. \

Well enough, you all are wonderful people. And I am proud to be a part of such a wonderful caring group of people.

Lara and David Pier

Lara: I'm so proud of you for going for all of us here and being their for Marty and her family. I know it was hard for you to walk inside that funeral home. You are a pillar of strength whether you are aware of it or not. I think your attending the funeral helped you more than you realize. Thank you for being you.
default_wub.png
:

Thank you so much Lara! It took a lot for you to go there in person. I appreciate it and I know Marty did too! Take care of yourself too.........I know this brought up a lot of memories for you. Hopefully the good ones are the ones that are shining through! Thanks again for taking the time to represent the forum family. :aktion033: :aktion033:

Lara,

As many have said, you ARE a strong woman. You may feel brittle and pained helping Marty and her family at this time but Joshua has made a much stronger woman of you than you may realize. That is his gift to you. Months ago you couldn't have gone near Michael's viewing but now you have dug deep within yourself and found the strength to go. We all know the pain that brought up for you and applaud you for doing this for us. You are healing, slow but sure. Things will never be as they were before Joshua died but you have a new strength to draw on to go forward with your life.

We are here for you also.

Lara -

I can't think of a better person to have gone and been there for Marty. God works in mysterious ways. I know you weren't right around the corner from Marty's and I wish I could have tagged being I am right up the road from you to along to give my condolences. I would have had to bring my 2 children though and I don't think that would have been appropriate though sometimes a little laughter during these tough times is needed.

Thank you so much for being there for us and mostly for being THERE for Marty.

Diana

Lara - Thank you again. Some of us here probably could not have been as strong.... I hope you yourself have been blessed in some way from this outreach of compassion to Marty & her family.

This is so very true!! If Martys doctor had her in control with drugs, as these wear off, she will really begin to realize what has happened. I think it's going to hit her really hard. And once the cards stopp coming and people stop visiting and life goes back to "normal" it's going to be really rough on all of them. I remember back in 2000 whtn I lost my mom, then my dad 7 months later, each time. once the cards, etc. stopped coming I kep getting the feeling that nobaoy cared anymore. It is very hard!
Sharon, this is so true. You are held up by the support in the beginning but will crumble w/o it during those days & anniversaries that follow. Does anyone know when Michael's birthday is?

Latest posts

Back