Just got back from funeral home

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Irish Hills Farm

Irish Hills Farm
Reaction score
Don't know where exactly to start. Michael's death really sunk in when we pulled into the funeral home's parking lot and I saw Michael's name on the sign.

My dad and I got there just after 6 p.m. and there was a line like we've never seen before. We finally got into the viewing room at 6:30. Marty, Jerry and Jerry's brother were sitting on the couch. Marty's daughter in law was sitting in the chair next to them and Jerry's two sons were greeting people. Dan was greeting people as well, he was standing between the door and the couch. When I first stepped into the room and saw the casket I was okay, than I saw all the pictures of Michael and lost it. I finally got up to Dan and we hugged and than he lost it. I told him that I would be there for him at anytime, and he could call me whenever he needed too. He smiled and said thank you and told me his mom was waiting for me.

Got to Marty and lost it again. Both her and Jerry were holding a picture of Michael in their lap. The one Marty had Michael was just smiling that big beautiful smile of his.

Marty was doing pretty good. She told me her doctor was there and has given her some stuff to keep her calm and relaxed. Jerry's oldest boys came over and I meet them and also Tiffany (daughter in law).

I told Marty that everyone here on the forum was thinking about her and wanted her and her family to know that they are loved very much. She replied she is so overwhelmed with the love and kindness everyone here has expressed to her family.

She pulled me aside and wanted me to tell you that they do not have the person in custody who did this to Michael. I can't remember what exactly she said was the reason why, as my mind was just screaming you have got to be kidding me. The TN State Police came over to the house and told them this today. They do have a suspect, but want to be absolutely sure there is no way possible for this creep to get off.

People finally started interrupting Marty & I and I told her that I would let everyone know and I should get out of the way because there were just so many people. I swear half of the high school kids showed up, I got to meet several of Michael's teachers and the principle. Some of the nurses from the doctors office were there, just so many people. Michael touched so many lives in so many different ways.

My dad and I than went into the next room and watched a video that was made in memory of Michael. Marty was sure to put a picture in of Michael and Copper from when they had all come up to visit me and my family. I know Michael thought Copper was a pretty cool dog and I'm sure Copper thought Michael was a pretty cool kid, because Michael was that. A cool, cool kid who will be greatly missed by many.

Thank you for updating us. It must have been very difficult, I'm almost in tears again just reading your post.

Thanks for letting us know how things are going...Glad you are there......

I called apparently at the wrong time then. But I did leave a message- as soon as the machine beeped I almost started crying! I couldn't think of what to say and ended up sounding like an idiot- but I'm glad I called. I couldn't stand not doing something.

Thank you for going up there- I still wish I could do more.

Sheryl,

That was wonderful you could be there. And your description made it like we could experience it too.

I've been to viewings and I know what it must have been like for you.....and Marty and her family. Glad that Marty knows we were all there in spirit.....

Again, thank you for sharing........

MA

Thank you so much for sharing what went on. Marty and the family have been on my mind all day, such a difficult time for them. It is so hard for so many of us to be so far away. Thanks for including us.

Thanks for sharing, so glad to hear her Doctor has given her something to get her through this.

Sounds like Michael has touched alot of lives.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for sharing with us. He sure sounds like he was one amazing person.

I have been away from the forum for several weeks and was shocked to hear about Michael's death. I am so sorry for the family. Thank you for doing what you did. It was a difficult sacrifice that definitely ministered to their family. You are a wonderful friend Sheryl. Thank you for standing in the gap for those of us who were unable to be there. I will be joining the prayer circle for the Garrisons at 1pm tomorrow. The beautiful love and support this forum family has shown is overwhelming.

Marty,

You and your family are in my most heartfelt prayers. May God's presence surround and comfort you and your family during this difficult time. May you feel His loving arms around you and know that He is crying with you and longing to comfort you. He will lift you up. You can be very proud of Michael. I know he is walking with you in spirit. Take it a day at a time...or a minute at a time. You are a a strong woman and I will continue to lift you up as you journey through this valley. You have a Guide through this. He will not fail you. You have blessed my life in so many ways. I thank you for being who you are. You're a great wife, mom & friend. I wish I could be there for you. I love you and will be holding you and your family close to my heart and showering you all with prayer.

Janine

Thank you for posting this Sheryl.

Marty, Jerry and Dan, may God hold you in his hands as you move through tomorrow and the days to come. May He send a band of Angels to surrond you with His love and to comfort all of you.

Sheryl, THANK YOU so much for posting this. I am sure it was extreamly hard on you also. I was glad to hear Marty's doctor was nearby as well. Micheal was truly a very special son. Corinne

Sheryl

Thank you for being there though as a friend you would have been even without this forum. Im sure your pressence was appreciated and Marty and particularly Dan will draw from your strength in the days to come. You did a wonderful thing being there and representing all of us who are just sooo far away.

Thank you for going Sheryl and for the update - wishing I could have been there as well.

We are all there in spirit.

JJay

Dear Sheryl, thank you soooo much for updating us and for going & giving the family our regards.

It means a lot to us folks that can't be there in person and your description, along with Lara's was like we all got to be there in person, not only in spirit.

Michael was a very special young man and it's lovely to know that so many people came out to express that to the family and give the family comfort as well.

Thanks again for sharing with us.
default_wub.png
:

Thank you for posting. I am glad that Marty and her family were surrounded by friends who loved Michael.

Thank you for sharing this tragic event with us and for sharing our grief with her and her family for us.

Thank you for the update. I cannot stop thinking about Marty, Jerry, Dan and Michael. I am going to call Marty tomorrow. I have had the phone in my hands a dozen times since this happened and haven't been able to bring myself to make the call.

Thanks for the update. I will continue to pray for this family to help them remember him in the good times.. Marty and her family just didn't deserve this...

Latest posts

Back