Just go a call from my hubby.......

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nichcole

Reaction score
He was out feeding our horses this morning and my stallion was breeding my mare. She is supposed to be pregnant and due at the end of May.

I'm so upset I bought her and she was supposed to be in foal. Once I got her home I ultrasounded her b/c she was not getting any bigger and it turns out she was not pregnant.

In June I hand breed her to my stallion and she has been with him ever sense. Up until today she would not let him near her (she would squeal and kick). My husband said she stood perfectly for him !!!

I was getting ready to seperate the this weekend, I have been working on his new pen all week.

Could somebody with AMHR access tell me when her las baby was born?

Last edited by a moderator:
You can actually check her foaling record at horsestudbook.com for free. If you don't have an account, just PM me her name, and I'll do it. Also, while it's unlikely, some bred mares will still stand for a stallion. You should consider separating them just in case.

Just edited this to add that if the mare in question is Mt. View's Susie Q (from your signature), then her last recorded foal was in 2005.

Last edited by a moderator:
266717T MICK DUNDEE, FOALED: 10/15/2005

238192T BAYLEE, FOALED: 06/11/2003

229731B DEJA'S LOTTI DAHTS 34.50, FOALED: 05/30/2002

Thanks for the info , I'm seperating them tonight when I get home from work. My husband was going to do it but he would have been late for his triming appointments.

Did you have her preg checked after being with your stallion??? Some mares are kind of "slutty" and will breed even though they are pregnant. My mare is due anyday and she was squealing and putting her butt to my gelding earlier this week.

She is full on standing for him, I called my vet to see if we should ultrasound her and he said if she is standing she most likely slipped:( I have them seperated now so we will wait and see now

Latest posts

Back