Just bought a new Colt

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Pintaloosas can take a while to show - we had a black and white pinto filly a few years ago out of our few spot appy. She showed NO characteristics at birth and even at a few months old. By the time she was a couple years old she had a full blanket to go along with her pinto markings as well as intense mottling everywhere.

Either way cute foal congrats!

He's gorgeous! He looks just like his mama
default_smile.png
So cute!

I agree with the others that said pintaloosa....only time will tell.

Keep us updated as he gets older!

I don't have an answer to your question, but I LOVE the pic of he and his momma! It's darling!

I dont see any Appy traits either, but congrats on your new guy.

Thanks Everyone.... The lady was calling him a pintaloose but I wasnt quite sure about that... It kept popping up in my mind that maybe it was just the pinto causing the spots on his side... It was the smaller single spots on his rump and the mottling under his tail that made me say "well, maybe he is a appy".... It dosent much matter if he is or isnt, I just think it neat if he really is a pintaloosa....

I have another question...Even if he is not showing appy himself.... Since he is of Appy breeding and Orion bred... Is it possible for him to produce an appy himself..... I have been told in the past that Appy was notorious for skipping a generation or even a couple then show back up out of nowhere...

Congrats on a beautiful baby.

You are going to have to patient. He is all Pinto today, but two years from now, he could be a pintaloosa, and he will be a beautiful one too.!~!!

We have had a few pintos born, who looked only pinto, and guess what; they are now pintaloosa. Hoofs can change from solid black or white to striped.!! If there is any appy in the blood, anything is possible. So takes lots of photos for comparison.

We once sold a nice b/w pinto colt as a yearling, and the new owner returned him as a two year old, she did NOT appreciate all the spots that he grew!!

Latest posts

Back