Just a little update....

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Blitz Huf Miniatures

Reaction score
[SIZE=18pt]Wow! The summer sure did fly by! Between Austin and Calista in 4-H, Calista's fundraising efforts for Crawford County Special Olympics, all of her new crafts, craft sales, go, go, go, my head was kept completely spinning! We definitely went to as many sales as we could over the summer and spent the week at our county's fair. Calista has now raised a total of $2695.00 for Crawford County Special Olympics and only has $305.00 to go until she reaches her goal! She did very well with her 4-H craft projects at the fair and also entered in the open categories. She won Best of Show for ages 5-12 handicrafts for a ceramic leaf pot she made. Austin also entered a few crafts and took ribbons on a few of them.[/SIZE]

Calista took the plunge on Monday and had 15 inches of her beautiful hair (that has NEVER been cut) cut off to donate to Locks of Love. As soon as I get my film developed, I will post pictures. It was quite a change and makes her look older. It is really cute, though and she loves it!

Austin is in 5th grade this year and Calista's in 3rd grade. Their first day of school was yesterday and so far, they both like their new teachers. Austin is participating in Special Olympics bocce right now and Calista might be a unified partner with him (unified means one Special Olympics athlete and one athlete without intellectual disabilities). We're still trying to get all of the information on that. Special Olympics is running bowling a lot earlier this year in the hopes that practices won't have to be cancelled due to poor weather conditions, so bowling starts on Tuesday. Austin is really looking forward to that, as bowling is by far his favorite Special Olympics sport!

Hope everyone had a great summer! I hope to be able to post more often now that the kiddos are back in school.

I just want to say to Calista that she is one wonderful young lady. Our world would certainly be a much better place if there were a lot more like you.

Mom - you are doing a wonderful job.

Barbie

Back