Just a few pictures of my minis.

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

K&H Miniatures

Reaction score

Here are some pictures of some of my minis. I love them. The ones pictured here are not registered, but are beautiful to me just the same. Millie is 6 weeks old. Wow!!! I haven't measured her in 2 weeks so I am not sure how tall she is. She was 21.5 at birth and 23 at 4 weeks. I still don't really know what color she is going to be. She has not been clipped yet. I do not have a set of clippers. Any suggestions? The pinto mare is 3 years old. She is about 36 inches. She is an absolute doll. I lead Hollee around on her yesterday for the first time and she did wonderful. It was the first time she had had anything on her back and she didn't seem to mind at all. Of course Hollee is 4 and only weighs 30 to 31 pounds. Let me know if anyone has an idea of what color Millie is. Hollee can lead her around by herself. She had her first bath yesterday and didn't seem to really like it all that much, but wasn't wiggling around as much towards the end. Just had to show em off. I think Cherokee is bred for a late 2008 foal. She keeps growing around the middle. I will have to wait and see. I will be perfectly okay if she isn't because I think it is too young, but I wasnt the one that bred her. She is going to be a great mom.

Here is Millie after she had dried off a little. What color is she???

l_8ff32bf04d6e48eacda182c3f3679a18.jpg

l_706eb1b260d63fcf96daf9ca62213f2e.jpg

Cherokee's pretty head. She has 2 beautiful blue eyes. She is roaning some. Is she a sabino?

l_8577f61614374ec19317caec7d547daa.jpg

Cherokee and Millie eating together. Cherokee is not Millie's Mommy. I thought it was neat them eating together.

l_d3a2f134faed64bdcd5ab438026d3596.jpg

Hollee and Millie together. They are best friends already.

l_2e41aa473018bcaba2219376eeb85b8e.jpg

Getting hugs.

l_c12fdb17e05dc0b7aeaa28193116cdfa.jpg

What color are Millie's parents?

Just looking at her, I think she may be double dilute (cremello or perlino), but to be that, then both parents must carry cream dilute (palomino, buckskin, smoky black, cremello or perlino).

Hollee is so cute!!!! What a little horsewoman she is, too!!! I need to get on it and teach my foals to lead as well as she's able to lead Millie
default_wub.png

What color are Millie's parents?

Just looking at her, I think she may be double dilute (cremello or perlino), but to be that, then both parents must carry cream dilute (palomino, buckskin, smoky black, cremello or perlino).

Hollee is so cute!!!! What a little horsewoman she is, too!!! I need to get on it and teach my foals to lead as well as she's able to lead Millie
default_wub.png
Her mommy is??? Well she is white with some other colors in her. She has some black hairs and such too. Her sire is a silver bay???? I don't really know their color either. Her dam's sire is a black and white pinto and her dam's mom is white??? Or grey. Which ever one you want to call it. Anyway here are some pictures of them.

Here is her sire.

l_6bed2430e70cd363746278afc483ffad.jpg

Here are some of her dam.

l_f93377da3b22437bc938eb3c87b934bb.jpg

l_e396b44ada1d1337651eddd17a028d55.jpg

l_2692197ce206e74ba455298c6128b74c.jpg

Let me know what you think now...

Do you know what color the dam was before she went grey (white)? I used to have a palomino filly who turned grey (colored like your mare). The stallion could carry cream dilute in addition to silver.... I have a smoky silver black stallion and the color is somewhat similar s on the sire:

Destiny%202007%20Nationals%20Sign.jpg
Destiny%20Area%205%202006%201.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Do you know what color the dam was before she went grey (white)? I used to have a palomino filly who turned grey (colored like your mare). The stallion could carry cream dilute in addition to silver.... I have a smoky silver black stallion and the color is somewhat similar s on the sire:

Destiny%202007%20Nationals%20Sign.jpg
Destiny%20Area%205%202006%201.jpg

I don't really know what color she was before she turned grey. She does have some black type spots/hairs to her. She may have been just a little bit darker grey than what she is now??? She is a 4 year old. Her mom is more white than she is. Chloe (Millie's mommy) has a yellowish type tinto to her mane and tail certain ways you look at it. So I don't know. Anyway, here are some pictures of Millie when she was born. I don't know if this will help or not. Thanks, Kristy

l_a712efa54a03da704be75160e006584f.jpg

l_6352fa12ee9c4de853c8300a6b0fe707.jpg

l_4d1fafa30479a0de6b7737060a5e6704.jpg

Millie is 4 weeks old here. They can change pretty fast.

l_2480a18e55b8fc14a26bcae37090786e.jpg

Hmmm... I'm really stumped. She looks (the baby looks) sabino to me in these pictures. Maybe someone with more pinto/sabino experience will chime in.

With the dam, if she is grey, that can be a confusing color. The light palomino filly I used to own was born palomino but as she changed to grey, she got dark grey lower legs, and dark grey mixed in with soft grey in her mane and tail. So, she actually got much darker in parts (legs, mane and tail) on her way to greying out.

really hard to tell from these pics. I would guess the dam is maximum expression sabino or overo and could be carrying frame. I dont think shes grey at all. The filly in the new born pics almost looks like a visual frame. Maximum sabinos and overos look like white horses but they arent. Its just the overo genes whiting everything out.

really hard to tell from these pics. I would guess the dam is maximum expression sabino or overo and could be carrying frame. I dont think shes grey at all. The filly in the new born pics almost looks like a visual frame. Maximum sabinos and overos look like white horses but they arent. Its just the overo genes whiting everything out.
Thanks you guys. I'll post more pictures as she matures. Maybe we can figure this one out. The dams sire is a black and white pinto, and look at the white socks? on the babies sire. Very likely what you said is true. Thanks. Oh I just remembered. The sorrel pinto mare above with the blue eyes is a half-sister to the dam of the baby. I think all siblings to this white?? mare are pintos of some sort. This year there is a black and white pinto. Thanks again, Kristy

Latest posts

Back