JuneBug is home!!!

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Baydreamfarms

Reaction score
Our family is complete! Everyone is at home, JuneBug is settling in very nicely, calmly eating grass. Jinky is in heat and trying to show dominance over JuneBug and JB keeps looking at her like she is nuts. JB has called a few times but isn't pacing the fence or anything crazy. I groomed her, and we sat with her for a while and then let her and Jinky be alone to get to know one another. I am so happy to have everyone at home!

100_2195.jpg

100_2197.jpg

100_2199.jpg

100_2201.jpg

100_2217.jpg

Hope everyone like the pics as much as I loved taking them!!!

Thanks guys, I've had horses all my life but always at my parents house...now hubby and I have our horse at our house and it feels so right.

Nice pictures...Im sure its great to be together again. Is your little goat on a leash? why?? Can you tell I no nothing about goats except they are cute as can be!!

Yeas the goat is on a lead. She gets out of the fence and she has only been here for 3 days so it was suggested that we tether her so she can touch the elec fence and learn to stay inside of it. I too don't know a lot about goats but a friend of mine that has goats suggested it. So I figured why not, and it has been working. Here in a day or so we will let her loose and see if she stays in the fence. We are also getting some more of the smaller rope fencing to go inbetween the white tape. This way there is more of a deterent(hopefully)

They are both very cute!
default_yes.gif
But, I wouldn't leave them unattended with the goat tied. June Bug could get tangled up in that rope.
default_new_shocked.gif

Congrats on getting your little JuneBug home. That must be wonderful. However, I would not put a loose animal and a tethered animal together like that. I got a really bad rope burn once when I was little from a tethered goat that managed to get its rope around my ankle. Also, I have known of dogs that strangled other dogs when they entangled them in their ropes/chains. I would hate for something to happen to JuneBug. I'm not sure what solution to suggest but it scares me to see them together like that. Enjoy having your horse at home!

Latest posts

Back