Jumped the fence!

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ourpairofminicolts

Majestic Mini Mother
Reaction score

Sorry the video is hard to see, it's early morning with the sun shining directly at the window the camera is in. He runs in around 11 seconds, and jumps it around 15 seconds in. Kinda cool we caught it on video, though.

Our 3 year old was running around showing off, I don't know why, but he decided to jump the fence!

We were going to replace the fence anyway, but Monty decided that we needed to do it today. Now we have 5' fence where that old field fence was. No injuries, and he didn't run away, he actually came right back lol.

I never would have guessed that Monty would or could jump over anything willingly lol.

Just a crazy mini moment caught on camera, thought I'd share.

😂 😂 😂 I think Monty is trying to tell you he has jumping potential!

He did a great job, no hesitation! 🤣

Lol, you know, I've intentionally not taught them any jumping, just because I didn't want any escapes like this, if possible.

Besides jumping up into like, step up trailers, or sometimes he gets up on our deck, I don't think I've seen him jump over anything.

Maybe you're right about showing me a talent I didn't know he had... Once we have all the 5' fence up, I can set him up a little jumping practice course, and see what he thinks about being hand jumped. Could be really fun! And I could use the cardio involved myself 😅

Latest posts

Back