Julep Cup Show

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I am almost packed and headed out in the morning with my Kentucky born and bred boys !!!! I am so proud of them,
default_aktion033.gif
could drive straight thru- 21.5 hours, but with the yearling (Junior)- will take 2 days. So will be there Wednesday about 2pm, so looking forward to seeing everyone out in the Midwest. Just got home at 10:30pm last night from the Estes Park 4 day show, so I am already wore out, but I am up for it. Come see me if you can or just say HI
default_saludando.gif
!!!! especially to Dukey Doo, he loves the attention....
default_biggrin.png
If anybody has an extra hand, would like to head for me, or maybe even show one of my boys !!! that would be so appreciated.
default_rolleyes.gif
I have 59 entries for the show!!!!!! See ya later !!!
default_saludando.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
I am driving down Friday morning and will stay through Sunday. Not sure how early I will get there, depends on my willpower getting up and then a 3 - 4 hour drive.Bringing my Cardigan Corgi, Lily and will have camera along as well.

I was staying at the LaQuinta, but Barb McCabe got me a better deal at the Best Western. Still one with a free breakfast and allows pets.

I'll probably be hanging around McCabes or at the arena.

Sandy, I hope to hook up with you and get some photography tips, the lighting in that arena is tricky. Have to remember my 2.8 lense for this one.

Sheryl and all, looking forward to seeing you!!

Hi Jody

I'm not sure I qualify to give any tips... but I would love to meet you!

I plan on shooting my filly Panda out there.. that place is GORGEOUS!

If you plan to do any of your horses.. lets get together!!

I love Photographing Mike Mcabe driving.. so interesting!

I have trouble with the indoor shots too. I have a new faster lense... mmm maybe it will be

better. I tried it in an indoor last month.. it was great,, as long as I did NOT use a flash.

I was reading.. I need to get all my clipper blades together.. for shapening!

I hope the blade guy is there this year

Looking forward to a fun weekend.
default_smile.png
)))

~Sandy

Hi all...YIPPPEEEEEE...we are coming too!!!!! We will have our two MTC driving horse's horses...Lass...and Pozzy with Mike, Barb & Kim McCabe....and, Mr Jeff!

My husband, daughter and myself will be showing...we are all so excited
default_new_shocked.gif
...and, as always its a joy and blessing to be apart of the McCabe crew...they are all truly wonderful & fantastic people!!

The Horse Park is my all time favorite...it is just so lovely...hot but, very lovely
default_biggrin.png

so come on by and say hello
default_saludando.gif

Minisoutwest...hey girl...I got to met you at Worlds...and, your Dukey Doo...what a beautiful horse!! sounds like you have been a busy girl... come by and see us!!!
default_yes.gif
travel safe!!!!

lisa

p.s if anyone is wanting to rent golf carts...you can do it online through the horse park...it was very easy to do.

I've been to the park, but not to a show there. Where do I go in and do I have to pay for Horse Park entrance? Thanks

That info is on the website for the park, $5.00 one time fee. After you pay the fee, take the first left and follow that road. Just past the Big Barn (you'll see it on the right), turn right and that will take you to the parking area. Hike to the arena from there.

Lisa, where did you find the golf cart rental? I searched all over the site and found nothing.

Greenwood mentioned the heat... I don't know what the forecast is for Friday, Saturday, and Sunday, but it has been in the upper 70s/lower 80s and not very humid (the humidity is what makes Kentucky life absolutely miserable) and breezy the last two days so I am crossing my fingers that it will stay this way until this weekend.
default_pray.gif
default_pray.gif
default_pray.gif

That info is on the website for the park, $5.00 one time fee. After you pay the fee, take the first left and follow that road. Just past the Big Barn (you'll see it on the right), turn right and that will take you to the parking area. Hike to the arena from there.
Lisa, where did you find the golf cart rental? I searched all over the site and found nothing.
I found this

Golf Carts

a. The ability to have a golf cart is a privilege, not a right.

b. Exhibitors wishing to bring their own private golf carts onto Kentucky Horse Park property must purchase a Golf Cart License. This license can be obtained at the Golf Cart Vendor Office for $25/event or $50/season.

c. All drivers must be at least 16 years-of-age with a valid driver’s license.

d. Golf carts are strictly forbidden in all tourist areas of the park.

e. Golf carts must obey all traffic laws and posted speed limits.

f[SIZE=18pt]. Golf carts can be rented through Dever Show Services at 859-233-9702.[/SIZE]

g. NO FOUR-WHEELERS, THREE-WHEELERS, OR MOTOR BIKES OVER 50 CC ARE ALLOWED ON PARK GROUNDS. Golf carts, mopeds, rural rated vehicles such as Gators and Mules, scooters, small motor bikes, and bicycles are allowed.

Melissa and I will be there Saturday and Sunday. My Thumper will be there showing with his trainer.
Laura -I hope we can meet up and talk about Tyra!

Sheryl - I KNOW we will hook up and have some fun!!
Have fun you guys
default_saludando.gif
We visited last year to pick up a few horses
default_biggrin.png
Very nice park I will also be wishing Thumper Good Luck as well!
default_wink.png

Hey Jody,

Devers rents them...and, you can reserve it online...I believe it is deverinc...com its just a simple form you fill out and wha la...you got wheels...I did call the number on the show bill...and, the man I talked to...said, reserve it online..it must be easier for them too....looking forward to seeing ya girl...and, of course your pup!!! travel safe

lis

Found it, thanks. I will reserve one online.

I emailed them, got three replies right away.

Pretty good service.

Thanks, see you Friday.

Good luck to all going to the Julep Cup! I SO wanted to attend this show, but after Chrysler went into bankruptcy (thank goodness we are settled from that now) and my busy busy life I just cannot go. Seeing that "I" manage my own farm and have no person that I trust (with the exception of my husband and he has to work) with my horses, I have had to make the choice to not show my horses.

Instead of being at the Julep Cup friday I will be attending the funeral of my good friend's husband who just passed away with a brain tumor at the tender age of 44. :-(

Again, best of luck to all who are going and I will be anticipating those posts with all the good news!
default_yes.gif
default_biggrin.png
default_aktion033.gif

Oh Boy!! looks like I'll have plenty of folks to look up. I won't get there until friday morn then have to set up camp when they let me in. But I will try to find Ashley at Versitility Training , maybe I can help a little. I'm getting excited! Like a Kid at Xmas.

Does anyone know if Lisa B at Ozark is going to be there? I heard she usually keeps a list of LB forum members that sign in at shows. Can't wait to meet you all!

Oh Boy!! looks like I'll have plenty of folks to look up. I won't get there until friday morn then have to set up camp when they let me in. But I will try to find Ashley at Versitility Training , maybe I can help a little. I'm getting excited! Like a Kid at Xmas. Does anyone know if Lisa B at Ozark is going to be there? I heard she usually keeps a list of LB forum members that sign in at shows. Can't wait to meet you all!

You are more than welcome to look me up! I can always use a hand. If I'm not at my stalls I'm at the ring. See you there!

Ill be there thursday afternoon and will be looking forward to seeing everyone! WEll have Herb with us, our boxer, who just has to go when he sees we are packing everything up, LOL! Stop by and say hello! Its a fun show and hopefully the weather will be good too this weekend. Laura
Laura, we havent met but my husband Jim and I have seen you at some of the shows with Herb. Jim loves Herb. He had a boxer growing up. We'll introduce ourselves if we see you this weekend. Travel safe. Deb

This is my first full year having minis. We will be at the show, not showing. Hope to be able to find some of you that are showing and introduce myself.

I have had a change of plans for the better. Barb McCabe just called me to check what nights I was going to be there as my room was reserved starting Thursday night. I was actually thinking of changing my trip to leave Thursday anyway, I think the drive will be better and I can be there for the first driving class.

I got to see Angela from Minis Out West on her way through since she is so awesome that she picked up some rabbits for me along her trip and met me with them.
default_smile.png
Her boys look great.

I am not sure if we will be making it at all or not, plans keep changing and trying to work around when we have to pull my hay in has been more complicated than foaling season.

Latest posts

Back