Julep Cup Show

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

candycar

MHT Supporter
MHT Supporter
Reaction score
I thought it'd be too early to ask, but since folks are already asking about class lists...

Who is planning on going?

The reason I ask is that I'm going to be there for all three days this year,
default_cheeky-smiley-006.gif
and would LOVE to meet some of you wonderful forum members! I won't be showing any horses. I'm going just to see a mini show from start to finish. I've got my camping space reserved and will be staying at the KY Horse park alone all weekend.

I really would like to "hook up" with some of you and maybe even help with the horses and learn about showing???
default_worshippy.gif

This is my birthday present to me for the next 10 years! I have wanted to see a mini show since I got my 1st mini in 2004. I have been to the Julep Cup show twice but only got to stay for an hour or so, because we had to get home to take care of the critters.

This time hubby is staying home and I want the whole horse show experience! I am ordering my LilBeginnings button to wear so y'all know I'm not just a regular ole Lookie Lou at the park.

Someone please Help me out!
default_pray.gif
Adopt me for 3 days!
default_blush.png
Thanks!! Sherri

Hey, if you would like to volunteer to help, I am sure the show could use the help!

We will be there for part of the show, I think.

i am thinking libertymere and i will be there not 100% positive but its on my schedule!!

I was planning to attend but with what is happening at Chrysler I am not sure I will be able to. :-(

We will be there for most of the three days, we dont' have anything to show on Sunday but never can tell. We are also staying in the camp ground, its great and I can take my own golf cart and Samantha's scooter so I don't have to drive the truck so much. Actually there are spaces just on the other side of the the pasture next to the arena that is for overflow camping, we usually get that since we don't need water hookup, just electric. Its very close but we still get to use the camp facilities including the pool. Should be alot of fun.

I will definitely be up to watch the show on Saturday, maybe on Friday as well. I wanted to show at this show this year, but I don't think I could have anything ready by then. My show horse had a foal 7 weeks ago and I am not having any luck at all finding a Miniature Horse horse trailer that I like (to buy). I would love to meet fellow forum members and get to know some of you in person. I don't think there are many (serious) Miniature Horse people in or near my area (far Southeast) of Kentucky. If so, please PM me!

There are actually several serious Miniature Horse people not too terribly far from London. You might want to check out the Bluegrass Miniature Horse Club website. It has a member directory on it. Bluegrass Miniature Horse Club

Last edited by a moderator:
I would like to go, but if I do it probably won't be for all three days. Can anyone recommend a good hotel near the park?

I have stayed at the Laquinta several times, it is close to the horse park and really nice.

We will be there all three days showing. Its a great facility and lots of fun! There are so many really nice horses to see in the ring showing and is normally a very well run show!

There are actually several serious Miniature Horse people not too terribly far from London. You might want to check out the Bluegrass Miniature Horse Club website. It has a member directory on it. Bluegrass Miniature Horse Club
I am a member of the Bluegrass Miniature Horse Association and I took another look at the membership list this morning (after your post) and none of the current members are particularly close to London except for those in Somerset. Most of the Miniature Horse people in Somerset that I have met so far don't really seem to be into Miniature Horses very seriously (do not show at all or much at all and are mostly breeders). Anyone please feel free to PM me to correct me and to introduce yourself. I would love to hear from Miniature Horse people near me!

Melissa and I will be there Saturday and Sunday. My Thumper will be there showing with his trainer.

Laura -I hope we can meet up and talk about Tyra!

Sheryl - I KNOW we will hook up and have some fun!!

Melissa and I will be there Saturday and Sunday. My Thumper will be there showing with his trainer.
Laura -I hope we can meet up and talk about Tyra!

Sheryl - I KNOW we will hook up and have some fun!!

You better believe it!! Can't wait.
default_new_multi.gif

I am driving down Friday morning and will stay through Sunday. Not sure how early I will get there, depends on my willpower getting up and then a 3 - 4 hour drive.

Bringing my Cardigan Corgi, Lily and will have camera along as well.

I was staying at the LaQuinta, but Barb McCabe got me a better deal at the Best Western. Still one with a free breakfast and allows pets.

I'll probably be hanging around McCabes or at the arena.

Sandy, I hope to hook up with you and get some photography tips, the lighting in that arena is tricky. Have to remember my 2.8 lense for this one.

Sheryl and all, looking forward to seeing you!!

I thought it'd be too early to ask, but since folks are already asking about class lists...Who is planning on going?

The reason I ask is that I'm going to be there for all three days this year,
default_cheeky-smiley-006.gif
and would LOVE to meet some of you wonderful forum members! I won't be showing any horses. I'm going just to see a mini show from start to finish. I've got my camping space reserved and will be staying at the KY Horse park alone all weekend.

I really would like to "hook up" with some of you and maybe even help with the horses and learn about showing???
default_worshippy.gif

This is my birthday present to me for the next 10 years! I have wanted to see a mini show since I got my 1st mini in 2004. I have been to the Julep Cup show twice but only got to stay for an hour or so, because we had to get home to take care of the critters.

This time hubby is staying home and I want the whole horse show experience! I am ordering my LilBeginnings button to wear so y'all know I'm not just a regular ole Lookie Lou at the park.

Someone please Help me out!
default_pray.gif
Adopt me for 3 days!
default_blush.png
Thanks!! Sherri

I will be arriving Thursday afternoon and will be showing the entire weekend. If you really want to help and learn look me up! I will have 8 horses there pretty much by myself and I always need help! LOL

I would like to go, but if I do it probably won't be for all three days. Can anyone recommend a good hotel near the park?
The Winners Circle Motel is awesome. It is at the Georgetown exit, nice rooms and with tax it is only about $32 a night.

Ill be there thursday afternoon and will be looking forward to seeing everyone! WEll have Herb with us, our boxer, who just has to go when he sees we are packing everything up, LOL! Stop by and say hello! Its a fun show and hopefully the weather will be good too this weekend. Laura

Latest posts

Back