Judging

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

If you show or if you were going to show, would you want the judge to place you according to what he

• What the judge likes best?

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Which is best according to the Standard of Perfection?

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Mona i never said it didn't have a SOP i said it was VERY GENERIC And it is. it is very open to inturpration...

and that is why you are paying for someones opinion and they way they read and see our SOP and that is what a show is all about.

Last edited:
Lisa-Ruff N Tuff Minis said:
Mona i never said it didn't have a SOP i said it was VERY GENERIC And it is. it is very open to inturpration...and that is why you are paying for someones opinion and they way they read and see our SOP and that is what a show is all about.

457046[/snapback]

Lisa, if you didn't say it, then I was not referring to your posts. There are various posts here that say there is no standard of perfection for a miniature horse. It was those that I am directing my comment to.
yes.gif

Oops I completely read your question before voting.
wacko.gif
I thought you wanted to know if I thought the judge went by their preference or if they went by the SOP.

I voted that they went by their preference (which I think many do.) Since you actually asked what I woud want them to go by my answer would be the SOP.

So take one vote off the top and put it on the bottom.
rolleyes.gif

Robin

Mona said:
Lisa, if you didn't say it, then I was not referring to your posts.  There are various posts here that say there is no standard of perfection for a miniature horse.  It was those that I am directing my comment to. 
yes.gif

457066[/snapback]

You are right Mona i am not sure why i responded that way to you
wacko.gif
and made it sound like you were singling me out.. wasn't what I meant to do yet to be honest i kinda knew I was doing it when i did
rolleyes.gif
chalk it up to a long day
smile.gif

I have been showing horses for going on 40 years and am fully aware that it is one judges opinion on that day. My horse may not look as good on one day as another and I have to respect that opinion also as I certainly can tell the difference. My big gripe that I have witnessed on many occasions is that by paying my fees I feel I have paid for that judges opinion and expect the judge to take the time you look at my horse to make an honest opinion. We all have seen the judges walk by and not even look at horses. It was very evident at the western regionals. One judge took the time to look at every horse no matter who was the handler and his is the opinion I would value most.

I personally think the standard is too vague and have seen 2 judges at the same time place horses extremely differently. It is up to interpretation and what they like.......

jennifer
saludando.gif

I feel, however it SHOULD be by the SOP, I just have not seen it.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm paying (too much!) for a fun filled day of greasy food, good horses and socialization/meeting new people! What do judges have to do with it?
biggrin.gif
Hey if I get a .50¢ ribbon...great, but either way I go more to talk to people.
yes.gif

Enchantress....SHHHH...don't tell my husband, but that's why I go to the shows too
wink.gif
Actually, I will probably never own a national champion, but to me, it's mostly about having a nice horse that I have done the work with. Mine are always pastured (although after taking three potbellied pig..oops I mean minis ) to the show this year, I may consider 1/2 day stalling
laugh.gif
) I want a horse to look good , but if mine are fat and sassy and overlooked, that's ok. A lot of time, my horses end up being the ones the people come to visit and handle while at the shows so I know somebody besides me loves them regardless of the ribbons they may or may not get. Although I still dream of those shiny platters and monogrammed coolers
rolleyes.gif
biggrin.gif

Latest posts

Back