Judge throws out Felony and Misdemeanor charges!!!

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well, looks like all we can do is
default_pray.gif
for CHAMP

This is so wrong.

The video made me cry. What a will to live.

The article is great and I'm glad that so many people have come together to voice their opinions on the judge's rulings. Sounds as though he is not going to budge though.

Sickening
default_no.gif
default_no.gif
- my worst fears are being realized and the judge IS sitting there with an indignant, arrogant attitude and protecting "his own" - it is just plain bull . . . that he claims that he did not know of a family connection within his courthouse -

If Champ needs a place to come to that is far, far away -- he is welcome in Duvall - I would even pay to have him flown out here if it would save his life

This little horse has a piece of my heart - don't know why - but he just does --- I am sure that I am not alone in the feeling -- time to unleash the "Dogs of H LL" on this judge and HIS System - how do some people sleep at night - it is beyond words to me
default_new_shocked.gif

Frankly what I'd like to see done to them is illegal so I don't give a rats patootie whether they take further legal action or not. Obviously we all want that, but my concern is that Champ not go back to them. Hearing that he will stay at the rescue is the best news we could get at this point.

How long does the original owner have to "claim" Champ? I know there were rumors from their friends that they probably wouldn't reclaim Champ... When is Champ no longer theirs? 30 days? 15 days? Indefinite?

Sickening
no.gif
no.gif
- my worst fears are being realized and the judge IS sitting there with an indignant, arrogant attitude and protecting "his own" - it is just plain bull . . . that he claims that he did not know of a family connection within his courthouse -

If Champ needs a place to come to that is far, far away -- he is welcome in Duvall - I would even pay to have him flown out here if it would save his life

This little horse has a piece of my heart - don't know why - but he just does --- I am sure that I am not alone in the feeling -- time to unleash the "Dogs of H LL" on this judge and HIS System - how do some people sleep at night - it is beyond words to me
new_shocked.gif
He too has a piece of my heart as well! This is just so wrong and makes me sick to my stomach.

I hope someone else in the end gets him and the owner dosnt keep him just because to prove a point that he/she won!

I keep crying for this little guy. I dont think I have cryed this much in a long time.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm a huge believer in Karma. I think the owners and the Judge will get a big dose in the end. Praying that Champ continues to improve and that he never goes back to his previous owners!
default_pray.gif
:pray

This whole story just sickens me beyond words.

I am willing to chip in money to purchase him from the owners (which galls me to do) if that becomes necasary and then I hope they choke to death on the money.

Nothing bothers me more than child or animal abuse when they are totally dependant on us for everything.

SHAME ON THEM .
no.gif
.. INCLUDING THE JUDGE and I hope they get a taste of what little Champ had to go through one day!
aktion033.gif

I'd chip in too!!!! He needs to be far away!!

Barbie

The quote from the 'judge' is what makes me so angry!!

"sometimes I have to do whats right, not whats popular"

how is right to dismiss all charges?

how is basically saying what the owners did to Champ right?

I have already mentioned to the rescue that if they need help making Champ magically disappear just to let me know. thanks for all the support and good thoughts.

I hope the owners do not pursue getting him back.
default_no.gif

Is there anything else that can be done higher up. See if someone can represent this horse?

It clearly says in the article the only thing wrong with this horse was because he was malnourished. That is from lack of feed. They also said that they could find no food or water, thats a sign of neglect. This whole thing does not make any sense to me which is why I'm even more frusterated. The vets findings don't report anything medically wrong with him that could cause him to be this skinny. He is gaining weight there, he went from not being able to stand to running around. As far as I know he is just getting treated like any other he gets food and water.

Someone else needs to look at this case, there is no way there can't be any sufficient evidence.

I do not believe in Karma, too many bad things happen and the people get away scot free.

We need to do something about this.

What can we do?

Sorry excuse for a judge. Its a sad day when a man of the law can look at this and see nothing wrong. "Go with what is right rather than what is popular"??? Are you kidding me??? How is this right? What delusion is this man under to feel this is right?

OK, well we have rights too! The right to "gather peacefully" and the "right of Free Speach". I wonder what kind of "attention" it would get if we had a huge poster of Champ made with the caption: "Judge Green does not deem this as an act of neglect or abuse and previous owner can request the return of "their property". We can have additional posters of miniatures that are fit with the approx cost of keeping a horse in decent shape, as well as a sign with a statement from the attending vet that the horse was not suffering from any medical maladies that contributed to his deplorable condition.

If several people were parading around in front of the courthouse with these posters I would think that it would get a lot of attention -- not exactly what Judge Green might want -- but certainly what Champ deserves.

I would gladly chip in to have the posters made up - Fed Ex Kinkos will make them for a pretty reasonable charge

Like I said before: Time to unleash the "Dogs of H LL" on these guys !

Stac

I just wanted to ad a heads up that this is now posted on another blog along with the previous owners name. Let's all visit her facebook page
yes.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
Here in the UK a 'law' has quite recently been passed that states (I believe) that animals must have adequate feed, water, exercise, 'freedom' to be animals depending upon the breed, etc. If these guidelines are not followed the animal can be removed from the owner and taken into care. (well it is something on these lines anyway - Jane, can you back me up here or correct me if I'm wrong?)

Just wondering if there isn't a 'hidden' state law in Florida or even Walton County that could be found that might help little Champ, even if the owners cant be prosecuted????

Sorry but clutching at straws here!

Anna and M

Oh no, I am not letting this one go. I have not yet begun to fight. As God is my witness, this is not over for any of these people.

default_1857272.gif
default_torch.gif

Back