Jon and Kate "Its Too Late" episode Monday

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
IMHO having children is a life changing choice that hopefully has had some thought put into it. Jon and Kate already had one multiple birth. Maybe (I could be wrong) the doctor told her how many at one time were viable. Surely to heavens somewhere one of then thought about the number of children, and not just from a financial point of view, but time and devotion to EACH child as an individual. I think I read somewhere they originally were on tv about handling multiple births but then it became a cash grab. Holy cow the vans, trailers, trips, plastic surgery that she brags about is terrible. Where my dear in the 9 or less months of pregnancy did you think that someone was going to give you all this stuff free on one salary. Maybe I am cold, but financial thoughts did cross my mind alot when I decided to have my son. Could I (forbid the thought) put him through school on a single salary if it came to that. could I send him to school outings etc that endlessly came up. Could I afford medical emergencies, dental, eyes ect. Maybe I had to scrimp on myself, but I know myself I could not afford eight children, hence pimping your life then moaning about a failing marriage. Well, if you only had four children, you could scrimp and take the help of family instead of bemoaning the trials and tribulations of eight kids who probably are used to the extras tv brought them..the pity disney trips will stop, well these kids will expect it. why not, it was given to them ..I'm sure free diapers ect were offered, but once media grabbed on it was a free for all. She got her plastic surgery because on one episode she complained about her belly. well what the heck did she expect, and then some doctor phoned and offered it for free for the publicity. As were the trips, vans etc etc.

If the tv never came into their life, do you not think Kate would be working? They would both be working somehow either shifts ect to keep sitter costs down (again did that financial though not cross your mind) to afford to feed, clothe and educate each child. I feel sorry for the kids as in the episodes they had to have seperate outings with parents to feel one on one. Well did that not cross your mind that you would not have the time for each child as an individual previously???? The kids clothes got more high end as the series went on, they were on trips, free cottages in the Hamptons, tours tours etc. Well of course companies or organizations were offering to piggy back off the success of the show, but if they had a smaller number of children, they would have to do it on their own.

The story I read tonite says they will keep the house and take turns living in it for the sake of the kids. Well that is just a self destructive time bomb as each parent starts to complain about the knives not in the right drawer. How many of you came from a divorced or seperated family that you went to the other parents house with your own set of toys, time tables etc. heck if you are going to split then split. Keeping the house and splitting time living there is just wrong. That will not give the children any sense of finality, and make my words, Kate will complain terribly that while Jon had the house for two weeks he didn;t put stuff back in its proper place. Again, I think that decision is still based on staying in the spot light as the the medial will want to know how each parents time was. It was hard when my parents divorced and I harboured thoughts they may get back together, and those thoughts were fueled when we had family dinners or outings for the sake of saving face in front of others. Once there was two homes, and each parent tried to make me comfortable, it was a transition made easier. Again, there will be no individuality for the children. I think it is because if Jon leaves he may not be able to find a place big enough to house the children...well hello, make the effort not looking at apartments in new york..go buy a big old farmhouse with lots of room and make your kids happy to be with you, in your chosen environment..

But if I hear one more complaint how it is hard to live your life under a microscope I am going to slap them. They had to renew a contract every year, and they knew it was popular, so what in the heck did you think..the TLC guys would not follow you on bad days. Once the tension (I think Marty said it, months and months even a year ago) started to surface they could have stopped it and tried another approach without scrutiny. The problem in the marriage did not start with the rumours or noticed tension on episodes..these episodes were shot a while ago but they kept signing on for another season. When they first went ahead with having eight children, so you think they were going to afford and buy a bigger house?? They would still be in it with maybe a reno to expand. Not new carpets, pianos, violin lessons, etc etc because they would never afford it, Kate and Jon would have found someone to look after the kids (like all the other working parents with more than one child) during the day so they could both work. She never even thought about working once tv came knocking, now she writes books, travels on speaking engagements etc.

Which brings me to this speaking stuff. What in the heck can she tell me about handling a mulitple large birth when her whole way is paid on media or public interest?? Am I going to go to one of her sessions and come away with any insightful advice?? NOT as she has no freaking clue how to handle those kids without her tv crew etc. What does she really know about raising eight kids in the real world...nothing. She would not be on a plane, with helpers at home unless her real job demanded it, which she probably would not have taken in the first place as you can't leave that many young children and travel without a sacrafice. She is a complete tool with a bad attitude and a body gaurd and an entourage. She would worried about getting nine loads of laundry done, clipping coupons, finding garage sales for toys, scrimping to keep the van going, making lunches, breakfasts etc. Now they go to some hotel room where they had to stay while the kids were in intesive care at birth, with a honking huge van and a trailer. That she complains about that Jon can't back up. Well Kate, 10 years down the road, when it gets tough, you will pimp yourself and your kids to get by. IMHO they had a multiple birth by choice, so live by it. The media jumped the minute you had the children, and they exploited it.

Off my soap box because I think it is sad that back in the day pioneers ect had many children, but they worked as a unit from sun up to sundown to make ends meet with hand me downs etc etc. Back in the day there might be triplets, not eight at a time by choice. Those kids are spoilt, bratty and out of control. She worries about washing up but can't get a meal on the table without 2 helpers. Which they have to take on a trip to Disney world. heck I never got to take my son to disney world cause I couldn't afford it, let alone with helpers. Gessh I gotta get some sleep and stop being grumpy, but they are just sooo out there, like boo hoo the marriage is done. Well TLC announced the big annoucement and she ran down and filed divorce papers this afternoon. When was that episode shot..maybe last week or 2 weeks ago?? Why did she not file then?? I don't get it, you are now using a terrible trying time of seperation for attention from us dopes that watch it like a car crash. He is looking for apartments in NYC, and she is filing divorce papers and how did anyone know?? Media grab..just like octomom and all others that exploit innocents for their own gain. Can you imagine when these kids want to go back to disney world and bug mom or dad to go..but why can't we go, we've been everywhere and we expect it.

Sorry folks, just venting as my life has had its terrible downs but heck, I did the best I could on my own with family and close friend support and no frills and decisions where always based on what could I provide on my own, without a handout.

I didn't watch the episode tonite, because as some posters said about the sadness, sorry, the sadness is made by them. They are still using the attention to their own gains, and no thought about the future at all. Who is going to pay for college....TLC will as long as they can follow one of those kids around. Sad because it will perpetuate itself, a tv person is going to want to know what ever happened to, and there will be more freebies based on your woes and trials. Sad sad sad.

they'll drag the drama out till ratings start to fall then they'll announce their reconciliation, probably during sweeps week. they have begun "legal proceedings". the word "divorce" was never uttered.

they are nothing but a bunch of rich, spoiled adults AND children. just once, i'd like to see people like this get NO attention.
default_rolleyes.gif

Marty I have to disagree a bit- he made it clear he wanted the kids free from the papparazzi and she made it clear she didnt.

Seems to me from the last pportion of the episode which I did watch on a later showing last night while he kept saying I dont understand we are at war and you guys care about where and what I ate for lunch that makes no sense- she kept saying this show will go on even if I have to do it alone? Alone well they clearly already said they would split the time with the kids at the house so he would be no more alone then she and lets face it when was the last time they were alone without any help?

Her playing up the victim role- the innocent party and claiming she has no idea what happened her career is to be away ALOT while doing book signings and then saying over and over that all that matters is the kids as if she said it enough times someone might believe she actually felt that way-Her playing up she was afraid to anger John about the placement of the houses(they got for free and those are pretty pricey) come on now as if he is going to explode in anger.. sheesh whole thing made me sick and seems while everyone else sees the sadness she is more concerned with the show going on

I just feel so bad for the kids.
default_no.gif

They're getting to an age now where having their lives trotted out for all to see isn't fair or right. So what if they've "grown up with it and are used to it"- that doesn't mean it's something a kid should get used to!

I won't throw it all on Kate's ego & desire for the spotlight. I'm sure fame is its own toxic cocktail, but I'd like to think part of it is maternal instinct. She's got these 8 kids and this is really the only means of giving them the life she'd like them to live, with trips and toys and extras and the like. Without the show they're just a 1 income family and even if Jon makes a good living it's still stretched 10 ways.

So now her marriage is falling apart and that income is on the way out. I wonder if part of her is clinging even more tightly to the only way she has to support her brood in a meaningful way. If she looses this, what does she have? No matter what kind of savings or residual income there is, it's still stretched 9-10 ways.

I'd like to think part of this isn't just her-her-her but also a mother realizing she has to provide for a huge brood of kids- and she's facing doing it on her own.

I'm sure Kate's going to be the one looking at the kids. Jon has checked out- mentally and emotionally. Not that either of them would be parent of the year in my opinion.

She says she doesn't want to "do this alone"......well hello?

Leese, you are right. Jon makes it clear that he does not like the paparazzi for himself or the kids. I meant that when Kate said she didn't want to do this alone, I took it as she meant not raise the kids alone. But maybe she was referring to not doing the show alone without Jon, who the heck knows?

More crazyness

NEW YORK – Jon and Kate Gosselin are barely speaking.

They're separating and getting a divorce — the latest twist on their hit TLC series, "Jon & Kate Plus 8."

They couldn't even see eye-to-eye on where to install their children's new playhouses out in the yard, as viewers witnessed on Monday night's show.

But there's one thing Jon and Kate can agree on: The reality series that has made them stars, along with plaguing their family with tabloid scrutiny and scandalmongering, will continue.

Will viewers agree to keep watching?

They watched in record-breaking numbers Monday. The audience of 10.6 million beat the huge "Jon & Kate" season premiere a month ago by 800,000 viewers.

In separate on-camera segments, the Gosselins clearly sized up the show as a good thing for them as well as for their kids — 5-year-old sextuplets and 8-year-old twins, who both parents repeatedly identify as their top priority.

And while retaining their expansive home in southeastern Pennsylvania, the estranged couple seemed reconciled to a future of taking turns living there with their children.

"We interview separately, we'll film different things," Jon explained on Monday's episode. "Me and the kids, her and the kids."

Elaborating on those plans in an e-mailed response to questions posed on Tuesday, Gosselin said he and Kate expected to spend "about equal time with our children at home in Pennsylvania.

"On days when I am with them, Kate will make arrangements to stay elsewhere. And when Kate is with the kids, I will make other arrangements. We know that this is the right decision. The kids love our home, and I am happy that they will be staying there."

Also in the e-mail, he repeated his denial of tabloid allegations that he cheated on Kate.

"I did not have an affair," he declared.

With the changes in the lives of the shows' co-stars, the show will remake itself accordingly.

Yet to be determined: Whether a broken family will hit home with the devoted fans of "Jon & Kate Plus 8," which began as a chronicle of home life for a busy mega-family.

Will "Jon & Kate Plus 8" divided by 2 equal nothing? Or will it (in show-biz terms) "open up" the series, even paving the way for some kind of spinoff series? How about "Jon Minus Kate Plus 8 Half the Time, With a New Romantic Squeeze and Even More Kids Thrown In"?

"I have a new chapter in my life," Jon said on Monday's show. "I'm only 32 years old. I really don't know what's gonna happen."

Expanding a TV franchise has paid off handsomely for such established shows as "Law & Order" and "Crime Scene Investigation."

A new, souped-up version of "Jon & Kate" starring Kate and the kids could be in the cards.

"I don't really want to be alone," Kate said. "I don't want to do this alone."

As TLC's biggest hit, the show — however it adapts to the Gosselins' new game plan — is a valuable commodity.

In a statement Tuesday, TLC president Eileen O'Neill said the network "continues to support the Gosselin family and will work closely with them to determine the best way to continue to tell their story as they navigate through this difficult time."

The network announced that a retrospective of Jon and Kate's 10-year marriage would air next Monday, followed by a hiatus until Aug. 3. During that break, "the family will take some time off to regroup, and then a modified schedule will be in place to support the family's transition," the network said.

Meanwhile, the Gosselins were a hot topic on "The View" Tuesday morning. Co-host Elisabeth Hasselbeck said the show should end and that Kate Gosselin should "get a job" and that the reality show was "not healthy for the kids."

Barbara Walters, the only member of "The View" who acknowledged watching the show, summed up, "If you have more than five children, you shouldn't be allowed to get divorced."

Last edited by a moderator:
Apparently SHE was the one who filed for divorce.

And TLC is taking a break from the show for 6 weeks.

I go to read about Ed McMahon's passing and end up clicking a J&K link. I feel so dirty. Why do humans always stop to gawk at a train wreck? :\

One of the things that gets me is that she talks about how tough it is for her and that, (and I am using my own words to sum this up) she has her moments and then has to put on a smile and go forward.....

Well these kids are going to have a hard time dealing with this and I don't think that they probably have the capability like an ADULT to suck it up and in front of the cameras?? For gosh sakes, one of the hardest times of their lives and still no one calls off the cameras..
default_no.gif

KanoasDestiny said:
I recently bought the "Road to Avonlea" series, which was rather expensive and my husband was not really happy about it. But I kept insisting that he would enjoy the show. We watched the show religiously for about 3 weeks, and by the time we were done, my husband said that he was really sad it was over. He, being a 32 year old man, said that it was the most wholesome, loving show he had ever seen.
It saddens me to know that kids now-days will never know what good valued entertainment is. Most will never be lucky enough to watch shows that set good examples, morals, and good ol' clean fun.
default_sad.png
I hate to say it, but I've been stocking up on DVD's of my favorite series from when I was a kid. My eventual offspring are going to be watching "Dr. Quinn, Medicine Woman," "Little House on the Prairie," "Star Trek," and other shows that express the values and ideals I can no longer find on modern television. That, and a lot of Discovery Channel and History Channel!
default_rolleyes.gif
Oh, and Disney. Don't forget Disney movies.

What about books? Is anyone else annoyed with Fred Meyer radio ads that tell Mom she can stock up on DVD's, music and video games to keep her kids busy this summer?! And don't forget the Nintendo DS games for those long car rides!
default_wacko.png
default_frusty.gif
God forbid Mom and Dad should try actual, you know, parenting?
default_no.gif

Leia

I tried to watch the show last night, but seeing Kate boo whooing and "not wanting to do it alone" how is that working out for you?

What about Jon and the diamonds in his ears? and the bike stuff, gotta show the world I have g*nads.
default_488.gif

I can't believe how much air time they have gotten on the morning shows, the "View" etc. and this thread - WOW it is fun to read.

I loved to watch "Little House on the Praire", "Pondersosa", "Lassie" etc. those were TV shows. My son is 12 and he laughs at me - we were watching SCIFI one day and they had "Land of the Lost" on from the 70's he said it was lame, I said that was all we had and not all the hightech shows they have now, even the cartoons I don't understand, I will stick to the "Flintstones" and the "Jetsons" can't forget "Scooby Doo".

How much therapy do you think it will take for Kate and Jon to be on speaking terms with each other?
default_poke.gif
default_smileypuke.gif

"The choices you make" thanks to the parents - will the kids blame their mother or father?
default_mlala.gif

So sad though for the kids as we have all said.

OK I just saw the episode that aired tonite and I must admit I found myself blubbering over the sadness.
default_crybaby.gif
default_crybaby.gif
default_crybaby.gif

Clearly, Kate doesn't want the divorce but says Jon will not even speak to her to discuss it. She says she doesn't want to "do this alone"......well hello? Of course not Kate, you won't have Jon your whipping boy to order around anymore. Apparently, my take on this is that friends and family of Jon have given him a good talking to and now he has finally grown some go-nads and stood up to the dragon lady. I got the impression that Jon has a good support group and he will find his way in time.

I almost feel sorry for Kate, but in a pathetic sort of way. I think she has had one heck of a reality check now that her sky has come tumbling down. She actually almost seemed humble for just a little tiny bit too. She does seem to me to want to play the "poor me" pity card and at times I felt her sincerity was not real. I don't remember her saying that any of this was her fault.

Kate may have 8 cutie pie little kids to play with but

goes to show ya......It still can get lonely at the top!
Amen Marty - and another wondeful saying is:

Be careful who you screw on the way up because you will see those same people on your way back down.............and.........you never know when the carpet might be pulled out from underneath you!

I have to admit I didn't cry one bit. These people make my stomach churn........

it was one of my favorite shows till this.i think jon is so dumb for this and kate just wants the money. and the kids are going to be so hurt this is dumb.thats my output.

bri

The thing that is so sad to me is both of them keep saying "I would do anything for my kids"

How about stopping the show and working on your marriage?? That would be the best for the kids

kaykay ditto - I really did not expect anything different then what aired but some small part of me really wished that the big announcement was we are stopping the show and giving TLC their money back for the episodes for the rest of the season… something might freeze over first but if you really care about your kids that’s what you should be doing…

I’ve watched the show for years – really liked it for a long time and I think in the beginning it really was about documenting life and it quickly turned into the cash cow that it is. now its just sad. And like others yes its been a gradual process – some aired some not and some just a vibe… I USE TO really like watching them back when they were ‘normal’ now its just greed and sadness… I do pray for them – the kids they do matter – I’m no longer a loyal watcher but the ones I have for mths and mths its been MY kids this and MY kids that – aren’t they suppose to be OUR kids…

Cancel the show – I wish it would happen – I don’t see it happening but I wish… like what are they going to call it now – Jon and 8 on the episodes he’s there and Kate and 8 on the episodes she’s there… its Jon AND Kate plus 8…

I do not like the way its playing out but some of I can’t say ya didn’t see coming. Kate has been very controlling from before the show – I think that’s just part of her and Jon finally found a voice and she probably had one big ol' hissy fit over that! Jon’s also never been a great communicator and just taken whatever she dished out as a general whole… its sad really – just sad…

I will say I love the kids – I’ve enjoyed watching them grow up and it really is hard to believe they are 5 but its all turned into one big cluster…

I can’t remb the times I’ve heard Kate say I wrote this book for my children to have a memory of blah blah blah and I don’t care if a single person ever reads my book… blah blah blah… BULLY HOCKY – if you just wanted a keepsake write it down and stick it in the drawer for them to read later on in life… you don’t HAVE to have it published and to publish something is to want others to BUY it…

I’ve also heard rumors that they are ALREADY planning for season 6 in late Summer and it will include Jons new girlfriend!!! Could all be a bunch of nothing but come on folks really… you’ve GOT to be kidding right…???

It’s so sad that now the ratings are thru the roof and everyone seems have to see this… I do not forsee TLC canceling the show but I won’t be watching the rest of the self destructive path they are on. The kids are what matter and oh to not only live thru all this in the here and now but to be able to get older and watch it over and over – they are going to all be in therapy

per what TLC had aired – neither one of them could actually say the word divorced – Jon said separated and Kate never really said but they flashed on the screen that on 06-22 they filed with the state of PA to dissolve the 10 yr marriage of jon and kate gosslin… filing to dissolve and ‘separate’ are IMHO 2 very different things… you can’t even say the word but your going to file…

TLC doesn’t help at all – its ratings and everything for them and I think they have a role in the ‘leaks’ how convenient the ‘leak’ happened Monday morning…. Hummm – yeah I think not.

I agree television and even movies at the theatres have gotten out of hand. The more junk and violence people see, they more they want to see. Dreadful! In fact it seems as if everything has gotten even worse in the last couple of years. I too, love the old shows like I Love Lucy, and Andy Griffith and I'm 20. Its a shame people don't appreciate good clean shows anymore. I remember a coworker about my age asked what I like to do in my spare time. One of the things I mentioned was to watch the old shows like Dick Van Dyke and they just looked at me strange and said, "Don't ever tell anyone else that," like I was some weird person for actually liking decent stuff.

Latest posts

Back