Joint ill??

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

littlesteppers

Reaction score
One of our 3 week old foals started to limb on One front leg..I believe it might have gotten kicked..But could it be Joint ill at 3 weeks??

Thanks

unsure.gif

yes it definately could be!! please get a vet asap and make them run tests. you cant tell just by looking. the biggest thing to joint ill is catching it as quickly as possible.

i know we all hate to call the vet for every little thing (its just so dang exspensive!) but this is one time i wouldnt hesitate. Maybe talk to lyn. She lost a beautiful filly to joint ill. I believe when it happened her vet disgarded it being joint ill because she was 3-4 weeks and didnt show all the symptoms. When she was finally diagonsed it was too late
sad.gif

Thinking good thoughts that its nothing!!!

This is vital to be treated as SOON as possible. I had one one time, the vet flushed the joint, was put on antibiotics, aspirin to help with the fever (one every 24 hours) and what all, but he healed with NO problems. Time is of the essence though. Hope it will be ok.

Latest posts

Back