John McCain

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bassett

Reaction score
West Central Wisconsin on the Mississippi River
spacer.gif
[SIZE=10pt][/SIZE]

My Friends,

We are in the greatest financial crisis of our lifetimes. Congressional inaction has put every American and the entire economy at the gravest risk. Yesterday the country and the world looked to Washington for leadership, and Congress once again came up empty-handed.

I am disappointed at the lack of resolve and bipartisan good will among members of both parties to fix this problem. Bipartisanship is a tough thing; never more so when you're trying to take necessary but publicly unpopular action. But inaction is not an option.

If we do nothing, many businesses may fail. Sonic Corporation, a drive-in restaurant chain based in Oklahoma, learned on Thursday that one of its lenders, GE Capital, had stopped extending new loans to the chain's franchisees. That will block plans to rebuild restaurants, add equipment and open new locations.

When financing dries up, students can't get loans. In Wisconsin, more than 100 Milwaukee Area Technical College students couldn't access private loans to fund their education. Fortunately the school was able to come up with emergency loans, but this temporary arrangement cannot continue. Markets need to work so that people can get financial help and students can be educated.

Again, inaction is not an option. In light of the House's failure to act, this morning, I spoke to the President about two things that the administration has not done, but should do following the inaction of Congress. First, the Treasury has already used its Exchange Stabilization Fund to back money market accounts. I encourage it to use it this fund as creatively as possible to provide backstop for accounts across our financial system to maintain confidence on the part of savers and investors. And second, the recent housing bill gave the government nearly $1 trillion in authority to purchase mortgages. Housing and mortgages are at the root of this crisis.

The Administration can take these actions with the stroke of the pen to help alleviate the crisis gripping our economy. I urge them to do so.

The FDIC should quickly be granted the authority to increase the deposit insurance cap from $100,000 to $250,000 so that families do not have to worry about their money. We cannot allow a crisis in our financial system to become a crisis in confidence.

I call on everyone in Washington to come together in a bipartisan way to address this crisis. I know that many of the solutions to this problem may be unpopular, but the dire consequences of inaction will be far more damaging to the economic security of American families and the fault will be all ours.

And to my supporters, I assure you I will continue to do whatever I can to aid in a constructive answer to the challenge before us.

Sincerely,

mccainsig_150_0408.jpg

John McCain

I am SO impressed that McCain stopped campaigning -- yeah, right.

(Picture vomiting smiley here -- they don't work for me)

Last edited by a moderator:
I got the same email, Lowrise. What do you think is fake about it??? None of it was a newsflash to me -- all things I've heard on the news

Susanne, I've found my pukey smiley comes in handy a lot of times when I talk about Obama and his racist and terrorist friends, his flip flopping, his lack of experience, his naive ideas on foreign policy, Eee Tee Cee
vomit.gif

I'm not a big fan of McCain ,or Obamanation for that matter but I agree basically with everything McCain said. It's time that the politicians start to work for the good of the country, and not only for the good of the party, exclusively.

Gary

So John McCain himself personally wrote the e-mail and started forwarding it around? Really?
I know they always say there is no such thing as a dumb question, but get real. That is a very sarcastic & dumb remark. We all know that they don't do their own writing. We never said he did. I imagine they have secretaries who can do it for them. Maybe a little jealous that you didn't get one??? Hmmmmmmmmm????
default_laugh.png

Basset, do you believe this e-mail is real? Yes or no? Not real in the context of 'yes I got it and it's an e-mail', but do you honestly believe McCain's campaign wrote and released this e-mail? Are the full contents of the letter-as written-really McCain's words?

Considering that a month ago McCain said he did not use e-mail, did not know how to use e-mail, and had very little use for e-mail (but he was learning, apparently?), I don't think that e-mail would be his platform of choice. If the contents of this letter are so important, I think the information would be on his website, or he would have done a press release.

It's not, and he hasn't.

This is what frustrates me. It's got his name on it, so it must come from his office and it must be true!
default_rolleyes.gif
So many people have an inability to tell fact and fiction apart, like with the Palin bit Goldblatt wrote.

Ding! Ding! Ding!
default_saludando.gif
This round is over... on to something new to fight about...
default_new_argue.gif

Take a break folks!!
default_517.gif

Better yet go outside and hug your horses you will feel so much better.
default_488.gif

Low Yes I do. It is exactly the things he's been saying all along if people would care to listen. I've heard his speeches. It is what he has been saying all ALONG.. What part don't you understand about what he said? I also did not say he actually typed it himself. Go back and reread my post.

Okay now I'm out, say what you want. You just can't understand that I can have my own opinions even if you think I can't. Enough said from me. I guess we all better stop this silliness. Sorry everybody.

lowrise, it looks like ye old generic campign-issued email to me. The kind that both camps send out that does not really say anything new and just seeks to rally the troops, so to speak. Nothing there to be skeptical about IMO.

Jill - the sad truth is that all politicians flip-flop. McCain has. Palin has. Obama has. Biden has. W has it down to an art form... it is a rare politician (and personally I doubt if he/she exists) that has not flip-flopped on something...

default_no.gif

it is a rare politician (and personally I doubt if he/she exists) that has not flip-flopped on something...

Susanne, you always bring the smile!

Get out the red lettering as I can agree with Tag on something. I adressed this on a previous thread and now here.

If you want to use "flip flop", ok. Personally I call it lying, from long experiance. Hey here's a fresh new idea, If all politicians flip flop/lie (as evidenced by moving lips) lets try electing STATESMEN who don't. What a concept. I can think of at least two right off the bat! One I've followed VERY closely for 25 years with not a lie to be found. Also he has never made a vote that was unconstitutional! Politically speaking, thats as rare as hens teeth.

Or (as most likely will happen again) we can buy into the insane DIVISIVE "reasoning" that one party or the other is gonna save us. Seems like it woulda happened by now. Maybe they need a little more time....., or complete control..... or more of our substance. ..... Seems like they have all that now, but I guess it could still happen.

Personally I view the odds of that happening akin to a chimp setting down and writing War and Peace but hey, its still a chance... kinda

Lowrise, if you applied a tiny bit of your skeptisism towards McCain (honestly, who wrote the email???) towards Obama instead, you could have a real field day. There's so much there to be skepital about!

Tag -- you know I'm not debating those not eligible to have a say on 11/4.

Tag -- you know I'm not debating those not eligible to have a say on 11/4.
Then debate those who may have a similar outlook on things - but are citizens. Seeing as anything I say is not worthy. IMO you are still very dismissive of the concerns others may have as to who the next Leader of the Free World is... as yes = it does affect more than just the US.

But I am speaking from inside the US...

You do not have to be a citizen or "eligible" to note that ALL politicians flip flop. McCain has done so. Repeatedly. So has Obama. I pay my taxes, I obey the law. The only thing that makes me ineligible ia the bit of paper that tells me I am not a citizen. Yet. Unfortunately - whichever candidate gets into office will likely work on granting the illegals all sorts of rights and pardons and green lights that those of us who wait in line and do things the right way have to wait many years to even be considered for. But I digress....

One I've followed VERY closely for 25 years with not a lie to be found. Also he has never made a vote that was unconstitutional! Politically speaking, thats as rare as hens teeth.
Carriage - may I ask who this rare specimen is?

How many different ways are there to say
meeting.gif

If you think I've not debated others, I guess you haven't looked at a lot of the political threads.

If you think I've not debated others, I guess you haven't looked at a lot of the political threads.
HUH? Of course you have debated others - and you know I have been in those threads.... all I was saying was that you can ignore me if my concerns and opinions are not worthy of your consideration. But you have to keep reminding me that my (or others) opinions do not count... but that is fine. You are entitled to your opinion...

default_unsure.png

The only time I remind you that this is one subject I don't care to debate with you, is when I notice you have a Jill remark in one of your posts. I'm honestly not sure if you just keep trying to bait me into something or what?

default_unsure.png

If I use your name I am simply making it clear that I am referring to some issue you raised or some point you made that I wanted to address. It is not a call out. You can address it if you wish - or not. I also referred to lowrise in the same post and disagreed with her. IMO that is the correct protocol for discussions that often get heated - you make it clear what you are referring to. It is also correct procedure on many of the bigger, faster moving boards I belong to - to bold people's names... and I also do that.

I am not into "baiting". Although that happens a lot in these threads.

Nor do I ever stir the pot just for fun as some do.

Wow.

Thanks for the implication that I would do that, though.

If you wish to continue to make things personal - how about taking it to PM...
default_no.gif

*edited for clarity*

Latest posts

Back