Jill do you have to have a

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
No, no prescription is needed
default_smile.png
I've used to one that combines WNV+EWT for several years now, and have had no issues as far as reactions
default_yes.gif
I'm going to give a couple horses a booster of that in the next day or so then am done with shots for awhile
default_biggrin.png

You're welcome
default_yes.gif
I know doing my own shots has saved me thousands of dollars by now!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
I just wanted to add my own experience....

I too give the WNV vaccine myself.. I had for years.. I always choose to give it single, I choose most of my vaccines this way and I space them out, so I know that if they have a reaction then I know what the cause was..

I had a filly, at the time 2 years old.. WNV.. an hour later.. down on the ground, swollen muzzle and couldn't breathe.. Fortunately I had epinephrine.. it saved her life.. it took three treatments until the vet came (30 minutes).. Then a lot of stall rest, TLC, soaked feeds and a few days to get her over this reaction....

My advice.. if you vaccinate yourself.. PURCHASE epinephrine.. and know the approx. weight of your horse and watch them.. a close eye for hours and hours after being vaccinated..

Of course keep an eye on the injection site and them personally for several days, but in the beginning.. it can takes hours for a reaction.. not minutes..

Good luck.

Latest posts

Back