Jewels color...thoughts on color possibilities?

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SparklinJewel

Reaction score
Jewel has such a cool color right now but being a baby and an Appy I know she will go through some changes. I will attach photos of her mom and dad( his spots are so cool!) I'm thinking she will varnish like her momma maybe but do you think she will be that same color also? She has white and almost black hairs sprouting out through her clip now. I'll also add photos of when she was younger and the last one is her currently for those that missed my into post. Would love your thoughts....I'm finding the Appaloosa color changes so intriguing as I research but can't really find an example of a color like hers as a weanling.

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

If she has Appy characteristics (white sclera, any mottled skin..) she could end up a snowflake or a varnish. If she has no characteristics, she will not color.

Thank you. She has mottled skin around her genitals only. She also has white sclera visible but does not have the striped hooves. It will be interesting to see her change. She's losing her tan color around her face already I think. Looking more like her mommas color.

Oh but she has more and more longer white hairs showing up everyday with some black on her rump also. Time will tell I guess:). Thanks again.

Latest posts

Back