JeanB

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Russ

Reaction score
With all the commotion going on......Jean has crossed my mind several times today. Hope her move with the mini herd from Wi to AR went smoothly and safely.
smile.gif

Any of her friends heard from her?

I hope that she made it safely too, that is quite an undertaking to move yourself and your horses too!

We certainly will miss having her up in our area!

Nancy
smile.gif

I got an email today from her, and she is there. They have been doing some roofing in the Hot Arkansas weather she said. Last load of horses will arrive tomorrow. I'm sure she'll be back on to update everyone when she gets a little more settled...........can't imagine all she has to do!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks for all the concern. Yes, I'm here and WOW! I'm overwhelmed with all that has to be done.

Some friends from WI thankfully convoyed down with me and are in the process of re-roofing the house, fixing the shower stall, broken door, etc etc etc. This is quite the fixer-upper but that's OK. I've got a little bit of carpentry experience, some power tools, and lots of energy (except between Noon and 6:00 PM when the temps have reached 106 degrees!). And all the elbow grease will pay off if and when I ever decide to sell this place.

I won't be starting on building my stalls for a few weeks but that's OK - I won't need them until foaling season starts in March.

Rorick Horse Hauling rolled in around 10:00 PM last night with the rest of the herd (I brought 5 head with me last week and they brought 17). We were really scrambling in the middle of the thunderstorm to get the last of the fences done in time. But that rain sure felt GOOD.

The views from the top of this mountain are spectacular!!!!!!!! Not much for grass around here because I think there is only 1 or 2 inches of top soil and then sandstone. Sure got a workout pounding fence posts!!

Haven't done much unpacking as I've been working with the guys on the roof and finishing fence. Now if I could only find the box that has the towels!

So if any of you ever get down this way - y-awl stop by! The coffee pot is always on. Or if it's a really hot day, the lemonade!

Hello Jean,

WELCOME to Arkansas!!!
saludando.gif
Sorry for the HOT and HUMID weather!
no.gif
It's not the best time of year, but in a few months, when all that snow is piling up 'up north,' you'll think it's great here!!
yes.gif

We live in the Northwest corner of Arkansas, Fayetteville (Go Razorbacks
biggrin.gif
) if you need something, please let us know and we will do whatever we can to help you! Will look you up at Nationals (hope you're going) and introduce ourselves properly!

Pam

Last edited by a moderator:
Jean, glad to hear you made it there safe and your herd too!
smile.gif

WOW, those temps sound unbearable......take it easy and stay as cool as you can.

Thanks for the update.....look forward to hearing more as time goes on.
saludando.gif

Oh Jean so glad to hear you made the long trip alright! We will surely miss you up here and wish you all the luck in the world! Keep us updated
yes.gif

Latest posts

Back