Jazz's visit to a nursing home

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

twister

Reaction score
Today my husband and I took Jazz into the local town to visit the seniors nursing home. They have a beautiful garden so that is where we visited with the seniors, the neat thing was most of these seniors were from farms and used to have horses of their own so they really enjoyed Jazz. I heard stories of "I used to drive my horse to town to sell my eggs" and " we used to show our horses and they won prizes". They have invited us back at the end of September and we can go into the building. I don't know who got more out of the day because my hubby and I really enjoyed seeing the seniors interact with Jazz and seeing their smiles of joy at patting a horse again and Jazz was so well behaved and sweet, I think he enjoyed himself too. Here are some pics taken by hubby.

DSC02473.jpg
This man used to drive a team of heavy horses
default_smile.png

DSC02466-Copy.jpg

DSC02467.jpg

DSC02460.jpg

DSC02461.jpg

DSC02498.jpg

DSC02489.jpg

I just love that gelding, that looks like a ton of fun and a day well spent
default_smile.png

Last edited by a moderator:
[SIZE=12pt]
default_wub.png
default_wub.png
default_wub.png
[/SIZE]

That is just great,

congratulations on brightening those people's days.

(& mine.
default_wink.png
)

Those are great pictures Yvonne! Jazz is looking good and it seems the seniors are enjoying the visit!

He is just so handsome!!! He reminds me a lot of my mare, Hope, only I can see he's a much easier going horse than she is! You did a really nice thing sharing him with those people. Gave them lots of smiles, I know
default_wub.png

To give a gift is a wonderful thing, to gift a memory is sacred.
default_wub.png

Latest posts

Back