Jazz's second visit to the local nursing home

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

twister

Reaction score
Yesterday afternoon we were invited back for a second visit to Saugeen Valley Nursing Home, last time we were just in the garden but this time we were invited inside the building. I wasn't quite sure how Jazz would be inside the elevator as they are quite small but he didn't blink an eye just followed me on and turned around like a good boy. We didn't get any pics of him on the elevator but lots with the residents, here are some of them. It really gives you the warm and fuzzies to see the reaction to a horse. I think Jazz enjoyed it too, he checked out every room
default_smile.png

DSC02664.jpg

this was right after we got off the elevator on the 2nd floor

DSC02668.jpg

DSC02670.jpg

DSC02671.jpg

DSC02673.jpg

DSC02718.jpg

DSC02716.jpg

DSC02712.jpg

Enjoy

Yvonne

You know....their faces say it all
default_wub.png
You are doing an amazing thing by taking him to visit them
default_yes.gif

Thanks Leeana and Brandi, We get if anything more pleasure than the residents do just by seeing their joy and the amazed look on their faces as Jazz walks into their bedrooms, it was a lot of fun.

Leeana I checked out your website, it looks good I like your palomino colt a lot
default_wub.png

Yvonne

I love seeing the pics of your nursing home visits. Horses can be such wonderful therapy. My father has advanced parkinson's and my two minis (Thunder & Jazz) will walk right up to him, and stand completely still while he tries to pet and love on them. Your Jazz is a beautiful horse. Thanks for sharing.

Wonderful!

Did you have any trouble with anyone not wanting his picture taken? I got some flak one time when I took mine to a Home and the picture of my horse and a resident was put into the newspaper. I guess we unknowingly violated someone's privacy. I did not put the picture in the paper, but I got the flak.

Your post makes me want to try again.

Wonderful!
Did you have any trouble with anyone not wanting his picture taken? I got some flak one time when I took mine to a Home and the picture of my horse and a resident was put into the newspaper. I guess we unknowingly violated someone's privacy. I did not put the picture in the paper, but I got the flak.

Your post makes me want to try again.
Only one lady didn't want her picture taken and so we didn't take a picture of her, most of them were asking for their pics to be taken and they want a copy for their rooms
default_smile.png
We are scheduled to go back at the end of October. Yes do try again, it gives them so much joy.

Yvonne

As one getting ever closer and closer to that nursing home experience, thank you Jazz for all you do
default_wub.png

Maxine

Oh Yvonne,

That is so awesome. I haven't taken minis to a nursing home in about 5 years... It is fun but hard too. But to know that you made their day brighter is an amazing experience. Thanks for doing that.

Kudos to you for what you do!
default_aktion033.gif

I know for the therapy group I belong to with both our mini Saber & one of our Danes Eagle

that they don't want you to take pixs of your critter with patients unless the patient has signed a release form first.

Kudos to you for what you do!
default_aktion033.gif

I know for the therapy group I belong to with both our mini Saber & one of our Danes Eagle

that they don't want you to take pixs of your critter with patients unless the patient has signed a release form first.
Thanks Rachael.

I took all the pics in to the N.home first and they posted them all on the bulletin board, the residents asked for their pic to be taken with Jazz and the nurses were taking pics also. One resident did not want her pic taken so we didn't take any pictures of her although she still wanted to pat Jazz:))

Yvonne

Latest posts

Back