Jazz got his first real driving lesson today

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

barnbum

Reaction score
Actually-two forum members visited today-BannerBrat and drivin*me*buggy! Angie and I have been emailing nearly daily for over a year--and we finally got to meet.
default_biggrin.png
default_aktion033.gif
They drove many hours to come; her family met my family and three of us hung out in the pasture before lunch and after. Various other family members wandered out to see us or watch. The tentative quilt shop visit got postponed until next time because the horses were just too much fun.
default_yes.gif
Since owning minis, I have never had a horse person here who I can hand one of my horses to and know they know more than I do--it's usually kids who come. It was a treat beyond description to watch Ashley with Jazz and Rosie. Today was a very good day.
default_yes.gif
default_yes.gif
default_yes.gif

Jazz and I had worked briefly on feeling pressure from both sides, wearing a surcingle, and using longlines, but he hadn't gotten the idea to walk forward while I was behind him... that's what Ash started with and look what she did: (
default_new_multi.gif
)

AshandJazz.jpg

AshandJazz1.jpg

AshandJazz12.jpg

AshandJazz13.jpg

Ashley is, to me, exactly what I'd want in a trainer. She's confident, firm, yet so full of praise.
default_yes.gif
I am in awe of her talents at such a tender age.
default_aktion033.gif

Jazz responded beautifully to her.

AshandJazz8.jpg

AshandJazz14.jpg

AshandJazz3.jpg

A stop for praise and getting a fly--

AshandJazz16.jpg

Things were going so well, we decided to see how the halter and bit fit... Ash and Angie made the adjustments to the one I bought for Blessing

AshandJazz17-bitandAngie.jpg

And he took to that amazingly well!
default_aktion033.gif

AshandJazz19.jpg

AshandJazz18.jpg

Today was awesome.
default_yes.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
Ashely worked with Rosie too--it was great for Rosie to have a different handler.

The next step is to get this family to move closer so I have some help!!
default_wink.png

AshandRosie.jpg

AshandRosie5.jpg

AshandRosie3.jpg

Ashley--you're amazing. You can work my horses anytime!!
default_smile.png

AshandRosie12.jpg

I just love that Jazz
default_wub.png
. Such a handsome boy. Your Rosie is very pretty, love her color. I could look at your horses all day long. Looks like you had a great day!

That looks like so much fun
default_new_multi.gif
I want to come watch
default_biggrin.png

I just love that Rosie
default_yes.gif

Gosh your Jazz is such a spunk, hes going to be a stunning harness horse! And Rosie is beautiful too of course.

i bet you guys had a blast!! Looks like jazz took to it like a duck to water. I just love Rosie
default_wub.png
I know how you have wanted to get him started so Im so happy you had help to get going

Rosie is a beautiful young lady! Goodness, and Jazz! Look at him, now he has a job on the off season. You need more horses Karla.

They look great! Can't wait to see Jazz under harness and cart!! Can I borrow Ashley to break my Sky!?!?! I sooooooo need to get him started
default_wacko.png

[SIZE=12pt]
default_blush.png
[/SIZE]

Aww you guys, thank you very much for the compliments.
default_biggrin.png

& Christina I love Sky! He's such a handsome fella, seems to be quite the horse from the pictures I see.
default_drool5.gif
If only I lived closer I'd help you in a heartbeat.
default_wub.png

Karla, I just loved meeting everyone today, especially your amazing horses!
default_wink.png
(and you! of course
default_laugh.png
) I bet you & Jazz man would've got it, but I have to admit it was a ton of fun to get him started,
default_yes.gif
& he is a smart little fella.
default_thumbup.gif
You guys were both doing really good.

[ya see, Karla forgot to mention how good her & Jazz were
default_wink.png
]

&& my Mom has peektures! haha.
default_new_multi.gif

I loved working with Rosie, :love she sure is a firecracker, I love that spark!
default_cheeky-smiley-006.gif

It was amazing to watch Karla & Rosie work with Clicker training! They are a great team!
default_new_shocked.gif
default_aktion033.gif
default_wink.png

default_new_rofl.gif
haha I love my faces in these pictures, haha oh well.

Just thought I'd add in,

I most definently owe this Success with Karla's beauties to my Mom
default_wub.png

Without her & her tips I wouldn't have had half the sucess i did.
default_cheekkiss.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
Okay, I LOVE that last photo of Ashley and Rosie! So cute and smiles on both faces.
default_wub.png
There is very little that is more fun than finally meeting a forum member you've chatted with for a long time and obvious you two (three!) had a well-deserved blast.

Good job with the horses Ashley! Jazz looks confident and happy with every step.

Leia

Kudos to Karla for all the groundwork she did with her horses. We all had a blast and it was fun to see Jazz progress. He is a natural. And Rosie is a doll
default_smile.png
It was nice to meet all the crew in person.

Angie

Karla, Both Jazz and Rosie are looking good girl
default_new_multi.gif
Look how Good Jazz looks ground driving, can't wait to see him in harness and hitched to a cart. Now you have him started you can't stop
default_biggrin.png

I love the pics with Ashley and Jazz, you can see she has a lot of patience, and the last one of Rosie and Ashley, it's a knockout.

Yvonne

Christina I love Sky! He's such a handsome fella, seems to be quite the horse from the pictures I see. drool5.gif If only I lived closer I'd help you in a heartbeat. wub.gif
Well thank you very much!
default_wub.png
May have to shoot you some emails and talk some driving then
default_wink.png

You need more horses Karla.
Well--Jazz is telling me there are two incubating now.
default_wink.png

I like having fewer horses so I can focus on 1-2 in new stuff and reviewing ground manners, rather than trying to figure out who should be worked today.... Keeping lessons short helps a lot in giving more of my buddies a chance to do something. Clicker training is an awesome way to work daily with several.
default_smile.png

Christina I love Sky! He's such a handsome fella, seems to be quite the horse from the pictures I see. drool5.gif If only I lived closer I'd help you in a heartbeat. wub.gif
Well thank you very much!
default_wub.png
May have to shoot you some emails and talk some driving then
default_wink.png
[SIZE=12pt] I'd love that!
default_wink.png
[/SIZE]

You need more horses Karla.
Well--Jazz is telling me there are two incubating now.
default_wink.png

I like having fewer horses so I can focus on 1-2 in new stuff and reviewing ground manners, rather than trying to figure out who should be worked today.... Keeping lessons short helps a lot in giving more of my buddies a chance to do something. Clicker training is an awesome way to work daily with several.
default_smile.png
[SIZE=12pt]Can't wait to see the babe's Gypsy & Chloe have this year!
default_wub.png
[/SIZE]

& Karla is definently right, here & Rosie were amazing with the clicker training, not to meantion Whisper & Jazz as well.
default_laugh.png

Latest posts

Back