Jazz and Karla- blossoming teamwork :)

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BannerBrat

Reaction score
Yesterday was a beautiful sunny day here in upstate NY. My family and I made the 3 1/2 hr trek to visit Karla and her family. Great conversation and delicious food followed by some work with horses defines the perfect day trip to me
default_smile.png

Karla showed us what she and Rosie had been working on with clicker training. It was fun to watch and has inspired me to try at home (I have used it w/ dogs) w/ my horse. In this pic she and Rosie are backing.

329628372.jpg

Then it was on to Jazz. Ashley was so happy to share what we do with our horses with Karla. Jazz is a smart boy and quickly understood what was being asked of him.

329628382.jpg

329628364.jpg

The smile on Karla's face gives a clue as to how much fun this kind of "work" is
default_smile.png

329628353.jpg

Without a doubt Jazz enjoyed what we did yesterday. He wanted to stay out and do more and more. He is indeed a very good boy with a great personality. And Rosie-sigh- such a happy little firecracker. Ash loved playing with her
default_smile.png

329628348.jpg

It was a great day!

Angie

329633124.jpg

329633116.jpg

edited to add that OOPPS Ash was logged on...this is drivin*me*buggy

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey--there's me!!
default_laugh.png
More pictures showing our grand of a time day.
default_aktion033.gif
It rained another 1/2" last night to add to the 2" we got the day before the visit, so I haven't been out with Jazz yet--but hopfully will get the bridle and bit in place before the day is over. I can't wait for the puddles to dry so we have our lanes back.

You know, Angie, we should mention our husbands got thrown into this--having only heard about their wife's email friend through us--for the past year. They were both excited about the day and chatted the whole time. I think they'd be pleased to spend the day together again--watching the pasture as they cruise about the grounds.
default_wink.png
And your son--what a peach.
default_wub.png

Thanks for posting.
default_smile.png

Love the pics!!!! Looks like I had better get out there and get working on my guy since Karla and I have both been talking about breaking our boys to drive for how long now??
default_wacko.png

And miss Rosie
default_wub.png
:wub

Looks like so much fun. What a great day all around. And Karla, I like that first shot of you and Rosie.
default_wink.png

Thanks for sharing guys, it's neat when forum members meet in person.
default_smile.png

Someone looks like she's having a blast...That's a mighty big grin you have there, Karla!

More pictures of your sweet minis
default_wub.png
. Looks like you all had a great day, love your smiles
default_biggrin.png

I am looking at your property in the background. I dream of having something like that. It is beautiful!

Bozley--the fields are not ours--we live in 2.5 acres--use every inch--but we're surrounded in fields for a long ways-one intersection to another. It feels like ours because of the access to lanes and woods, and a harvested field is the best playground ever for the horses and me.
default_smile.png

Now the sunflowers are ours.
default_wink.png

What a great team! Are you going to train him the whole way, and use him for driving?

Geri--that, ah, has yet to be determined.
default_smile.png

Let's see--if I ground drive him I'll burn calories. If I ride in a cart...well....

Back