Japanese Castle

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Shari

Reaction score
JapaneseCastleWIP2_8Dec13.jpg

Started working on the Japanese Castle based on one of DH's photos he took while in Japan, a number of years ago.

The sky has been done in a base color and is not complete.
The Japanese castle will be in Pen and Ink and at a later date, will add a slight amount of watercolor pencil wash.

This is the most technical painting/drawing I have done for awhile.
Last one was my cat Mia in Urban Jungle.

Just wonderful! Love your paintings/drawings!

79603-JapaneseCastleWIP5_9Jan14.jpg

Continuing with the Pen and Ink work, about half way done with that part.
Once all the inking is finished, will add more highlights and a soft color to the main part of the Castle.

I know this is a bit different than what I normally do, but it is proving to be fun!

Oh that's going to be so detailed! How beautiful!

I hope you don't mind but I showed my niece this post. She has just started to become interested in drawing/art. Last year she was free hand and doing well. But now, when she came over for the holidays, she has all these different rulers and types of pencils. She's really getting into it!

I love to see people being creative! It's inspiring!

Last edited by a moderator:
I was going to wait until I Inked the whole Castle in, before adding some color.
But yesterday I decided to add 2 layers of base color on, before I did more Ink over the top of that.
In the photo DH took, the Castle is real dark.... as the photo was taken on a heavily cloudy day.
I think I will lighten the Castle up a bit in the painting.

1531992_10202937514825231_359568507_n.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Back