IVE HAD IT WITH CNN

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
K

kaykay

I can tell everytime cnn runs the miniature story because my phone starts ringing again. Why dont they put something on there that says the minis are okay now?? A woman just called me from florida crying her eyes out. CNN isnt even telling people that that was taped DAYS AGO. I think its very irresponsible of them to keep doing this.

Kay - I have been watching television all day for days now. I have seen some of the clips dozens of times... People catching up on news this week end will think some of them are current instead of days ago................................................ Perhaps the contact person at AMHA can call them with an update. Surely they will run it but the old story may still air as they may not want to take the time to delete it from the clip. I only view CNN during commercials on the other stations.

Alison has been trying like crazy but cant get thru to anyone at CNN.. it would help if they would at least update the story!!! i dont mind answering the calls but i hate these people getting so upset etc.

Cathy_H said:
Kay - I have been watching television all day for days now.  I have seen some of the clips dozens of times...  People catching up on news this week end will think some of them are current instead of days ago................................................ Perhaps the contact person at AMHA can call them with an update.  Surely they will run it but the old story may still air as they may not want to take the time to delete it from the clip.  I only view CNN during commercials on the other stations.
461572[/snapback]

I have called more than 65 phone numbers at CNN that different people have provided me with in an attempt to get an update to CNN. I will keep trying - I have faxed, emailed, even mailed a letter in an attempt to get this to them....

A gal who knows Anderson Cooper has even been working with me to text message the guy himself. Unfortunately......I just saw the clip again.....I feel SO bad for the people who call me in tears everytime they see it....

HA! Got someone at CNN! This girl even owns minis and she told me they have been getting hundred of calls about the episode as well. She said that since its already taped etc etc it will continue to run until an update is filmed. She did say that she will try really hard to add our website address www.amha.org to the piece so that people can go there to see the update....not a sure solution, but made my day! She and some of the girls she work with also asked for the Chance's website so they could make a donation....cross your fingers!

CNN is primarily concerned with getting ratings. The subject can be old , out of date or totally incorrect. Ratings first. I choose to watch the current news on FOX news network and BBC. Both are less biased. I am finding the reporting of this whole event most frustrating part of the whole tragedy. We have made donations to all the major needy charities and I think we will just stop watching the minute by minute coverage.

minimini said:
HA!  Got someone at CNN!  This girl even owns minis and she told me they have been getting hundred of calls about the episode as well.  She said that since its already taped etc etc it will continue to run until an update is filmed.  She did say that she will try really hard to add our website address www.amha.org to the piece so that people can go there to see the update....not a sure solution, but made my day!  She and some of the girls she work with also asked for the Chance's website so they could make a donation....cross your fingers!
461593[/snapback]

Just as another thought, if anyone has time, lets start contacting local media and seeing if we can't get something rolling that way....you can direct them to www.amha.org for an update and they are ALL welcome to call me at 817-905-0034 if they need anything. I'm going to start calling all of the media in my area and see if I can get them to pick it up - I know that most are starting to look for some heart warming stories here as the week progresses. I really hope we can relieve some of the folks that call us every time this airs.

HERE, HERE KAYKAY, I'M WITH YOU!!!!!!!

It is not just with the miniatures, it is with everything. I keep seeing the same horrible images and the same despart pleas over and over again. Yesterday, I watch the video of them carrying a poor exhausted women to safety and they were saying there were still people in need of help, but I saw that video clip the day after the storm hit. I am not saying that there is not still people that need help, but I truly feel like the news is a HUGE part in the panic that has happened.

I do not think that they care for one second the damage that they do when reporting things. I really feel like they report what they see and the way that THEY INTERPET the situation too quickly, not giving anyone the big picture and often painting an incorrect picture. I think that this cause panic and stress that is not necessary or helpful to anyone.

And like the lady at CNN said, they will keep running the clip about the miniature until they have an update?? Tell me that is not causing un-do stress!!

GGGRRR...As you can tell, I am alittle erked at the new coverage!

It is too bad when they (any news agency) keeps running old footage even after the 'problem' has been solved.

Have the Waveland Minis actually been brought out? I know there was a plan to have them brought out yesterday, but was that plan successful? I haven't seen anything anywhere, even on the AMHA site a little while ago, that gave any update. If they were brought out yesterday, where was CNN. I thought they wre in the area & were wanting to do live coverage of the rescue??

I've just sent a detailed email to all 3 of our Local News channels here in Albuquerque, NM.

I will let you all know if I hear back!!!
yes.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
sad.gif
For crying out loud Kay, I'm even getting calls. Had 2 today basically saying "Don't you KNOW SOMEBODY that can do something?" I said yep, I do, and they did.
biggrin.gif

I figured someone here would be trying...... Thanks to all of you that tried to get the calls through & those that did. I have been watching three stations & I will say that CNN is & has played more of the earlier stories & clips a WHOLE lot more than the other two stations (FOX & MSNBC)..

Wonder how often CNN would repeat a storey if it was good news?

Yesterday we were at an aniversary party> a Neighbor of ours came up and started to tell me about the horrible story of the horses in Waveland. Thought she was going to burst into tears before I cut her off and told the story that has been here in this site and the work that has been done to get feed and water to those minis.

After she settled down she started fuming about CNN for reairing the story over and over. She also had no idea the family had children there as well. She was mad enough to reach thru the phone and choke the life out of someone at CNN.

Mark

You are not the only one having problems with what they keep showing over and over...

Here is a letter received from my husbands boss:

"From: Giff Daughtridge

Sent: Sun 9/4/2005 9:57 AM

To: All Users

Subject: Katrina Support and Help

This is certainly a troubling time for our country as we all watch the efforts and pictures from the Gulf Coast. The size, location and ferocity of this storm made it unbelievable in the mess it left in it's wake.

This message is about another way we can help. We already have a way to double the impact of your donation with our matching program; which I hope everyone has given serious consideration to on your way to making a decision about helping. There is a truck parked at Food Lion in Ahoskie that is being loaded with non-perishable goods to head down to Alabama's Gulf Coast. New Orleans dominates the airwaves because of the effect on a huge population of people, but the devastation in Mississippi and Alabama is no less severe. The truck will leave on Tuesday morning so if you get a chance between now and then, this is another way to help.

I can't help but comment on what I have seen on the TV and the unintended consequences of the broadcasters looking for sensationalism. You cannot have avoided the stories of looting and people rushing to find blame if you have watched any coverage at all. It is hard to find a very giving mood when you see people in the worst light possible, stealing, taking no responsibility, and caring more about blame than helping.

Personally, I do not think this is the story of Katrina at all. The TV stations want viewers so they show drama not necessarily the whole story.

My thoughts when I think of people along America's Gulf Coast affected by this storm, are about people who worked hard at their jobs and who worked hard everyday trying to create a nice life for their families. In one afternoon, these people lost everything they had worked for and every thing they had of value. These folks did not loot and they did not find a TV camera and complain that 700,000 people could not be fed, clothed and accommodated in a matter of hours, so it must be someone's fault. What they did was gather what they could of their families, helped their neighbors and worked to survive, as they try to figure out what the rest of their lives will be like.

In an amazing government, charity and private combined effort, help poured into the Gulf coast in the last week. This does not make good TV so we don't get to see these unbelievable efforts and the people, like the team at the Red Cross, giving of themselves to try to help. This is boring, repetitive, tiring, hard work- hardly the stuff of great TV.

Please try to look past the dark side of the few people that are getting airtime and consider the vast majority of folks in La., Miss. and Ala. who need help and resources. We can make a difference and through the matching program, we can double the support we provide.

Sorry for the long message and the editorializing, but it was either this or throw a shoe through my TV. My wife thanks you for your patience in reading this e-mail.

Remember the truck in the Food Lion parking lot in Ahoskie for non-perishables of any kind, and please make a thoughtful decision on donating to the Red Cross.

Thanks, Giff"

I think he summed it up pretty good!

CNN frustrates me so. To hear their reports (which I no longer watch) it sounds as though very little has been done to help, because they don't bother to update unless it is worse news than what they are already showing. I live in a small down on the Texas Louisiana border. We have seen floods of people coming in from New Orleans. In our tiny little town alone there are 8 big shelters and countless churches and individuals who have taken on this cause. We have gone and donated for adults and for the children... our local high school has taken on around 100 more students. That is just in Orange, other surrounding citys are also showing a great effort to help the evacuees. It is wonderful to know in a time of need SO MANY turn out to help. So much has been said about the Red Cross doing this and that (which they are wonderful, don't get me wrong), but don't forget about the Salvation Army also... I haven't heard near the references to them, but know that here they have seen close to 5000 people come through for clothes, diapers, school supplies, food, and support... I wish the "big" news stations would cover all sides of the story instead of just trying to get the viewers and the ratings. In all this tragedy, there is a beautiful story unfolding about our country and how when we pull together we all do great things to help our neighbor. In times like these, even the smallest things, mean so much. JMO...

Last edited by a moderator:
justaboutgeese said:
CNN is primarily concerned with getting ratings.  The subject can be old , out of date or totally incorrect.  Ratings first.  I choose to watch the current news on FOX news network and BBC.  Both are less biased.  I am finding the reporting of this whole event most frustrating part of the whole tragedy.  We have made donations to all the major needy charities and I think we will just stop watching the minute by minute coverage.
461595[/snapback]

This is the key issue right here. RATINGS FIRST. Most of the media is not concerned with what is RIGHT, just getting ratings.
thumbdown.gif
frusty.gif
new_2gunsfiring_v1.gif
poke.gif
deadhorse2.gif

Latest posts

Back