I've been living in the dark ages...

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jayne

Reaction score
Today was a momentous day in our household. We got hooked up to high speed internet after years of only a dial up connection! Whoo hoo! I can actually see PICTURES now without waiting about 10 minutes for each one to load!! (I have NEVER been able to look at pictures on the section from here until now!) I can click on a website and actually not have to go get a cup of coffee waiting for it to come up!! Next thing I want to try is to actually see a VIDEO of something!! I'm like a kid in a candy shop.

The main reason we upgraded is that my husband (a math teacher) got a part time job as a math teacher at an internet high school based in Idaho and needed to be more up to speed as he worked with his students. (See http://www.isucceedvhs.net/index.asp if you're interested in this kind of thing. It's actually pretty neat. Already 500 kids enrolled in math classes alone.)

So I'm having a blast playing with this thing. I had no idea what I was missing until now. Plus we got our phone line back too so now my mom won't complain that she can never get ahold of us!
default_biggrin.png

Jayne

Congrats! High speed is pretty exciting when you've only known dial up. Have fun!

I'm still on dial up. If I got high speed, I wouldn't know what to look at first!
default_laugh.png

High Speed is the best -- I dont think I could ever go back to dial up
default_smile.png

Lucky you.....I can't get highspeed, to far in the boonies and too many trees for even speednet or internet dish.

I wish I had high speed! But then what would I do with all that extra time? Look at pictures, videos, move onto other web sites? I wouldn't be able to play all those games of solitaire while waiting?

I can't believe how much I was missing, as well as how much time I was wasting waiting for things to load! I, too, always had a solitaire game going, as well as a couple of windows open so I could be reading one while the other one was loading. But the best part is PICTURES!!! Now I can finally see everyone's babies and show and driving pictures!! I have to remind myself to get off of this thing and see my REAL horses the last day or so as I feel like I need to catch up!!

Jayne

I can remember the excitement of getting high speed (got it last year) I wouldn't go back to dial up for anything, now you can watch all those videos you only dreamed of before.
default_biggrin.png

Yvonne

Oh my gosh, you sound JUST like my neighbor who JUST got high speed a couple of weeks ago and we used to tease her about the same things. Go fix dinner and come back and see if it loaded yet.....

Latest posts

Back