It's time to Stop --Smoking

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Renee, I quit 8 years ago. I smoked 2 packs a day of the strongest ones they made. It was my first serious attempt at stopping, but it sure seemed to work well.

What I did, was to buy a "light" cigaratte and smoke them for awhile. It was not good to start with, because they seemed so weak, but after awhile, they do seem stronger again. Once they got to the point where they seemed normal, you cut down to a lighter cigatette again, this time going with extra lights. Smoke those the same way, asnd then keep cutting down until you are smoking the lowest level of cigarettes on the market.

This way, you are not forcing yourself to quit. You are still smoking as much as you want, but you must force yourself to smoke the level you are on, and no cheating...no taping up holes in filter or breaking filters off!
wink.gif

After so long of smoking these, you will find you do not get the same satisfaction that you once did from smoking, and you will want to quit, because it frustrates you to try and continue smoking these, when half the time you are sucking so much air, you cannot tell if your cigarette is even lit or not! LOL.

Then when you do quit, it is just a matter of breaking the habit of holding the cigs when you are doing everything...it is no longer an addiction to the nicotine, because you are getting even less than what you would be getting in the lowest level of the patch.

Good Luck Renee!! And if you quit and "fall", do not look at it as losing...just pick yourself back up and try again.
yes.gif

Latest posts

Back