It's time for a round of "Name that horse!"

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wingnut

Reaction score
I'm running out of time and and need to get this new girl of mine registered in my name. Which means coming up with a name! I'm terrible at this because I'm afraid of making a bad choice. Her "barn name" is Ginger. This was the name of a Welsh/Arabian cross buckskin pony that I had the great luck to have at my disposal when I was 11/12. Her 15 yr old owner was more interested in boys than her pony when I met them. She gave me carte blanche to take Ginger out for rides whenever I wanted, no questions asked. I had a very difficult childhood, due to parents who never put the interests of their children first. The 18 months or so that I had Ginger in my life is one of the few times I can look back on and think of something good that happened.

My new little girl is a sooty buckskin...the buckskin reminded me of my beloved Ginger from my childhood. Thus the name. Now, I need something for paperwork. Here's what I have come up with. I want to be sure I come up with something nice and at the same time, avoid something that will sound odd when announced in a show ring, as she's meant to be my newest show horse.
default_smile.png
Feel free to make any recommendations on minor changes or completely new ideas:

• White Tails Ginger Time
  • White Tails I Dream of Ginger
  • White Tails My Ginger Dream

Other things to know about her? She's a feisty little thing. Loooong legs, tiny head and lovey neck to match. She has lovely little ears that are edged in black. She has a lot of action in her movement. I love watching her move around the pasture when she's out there racing and chasing and playing with my mares. I'll try to come back with a picture. Right now, I can't get into my photobucket account.

I really like As Told By Ginger
default_smile.png

I like Ginger Spice. That name would make sense to me.

Also

A Dash of Ginger

I like Ginger Time.

Ginger Spice makes me think of the Spice Girls, so how about Spicy Ginger? Exotic and sassy...

You guys are good!! Now I have more names to pick from, LOL! Keep 'em coming!

White Tails Ginger Snap?

Wonderful story by the way. We all probably have something similar.

Last edited by a moderator:
I love White Tails Ginger Snap sounds great , but i also like Spicy Ginger. Both bring in your past favorite horse and your new horses personality

Foxhaven beat me to the "White Tails Ginger Snap" suggestion.

White Tails Little Bit Of Ginger

White Tails Miss Ginger

White Tails Lovely Ginger

White Tails Lady Ginger

White Tails She Must Be Ginger

White Tails Sassy Ginger

White Tails She's So Ginger

White Tail's Forever Ginger

Now I have to choose! Ack!

White Tails Little Bit Of Ginger

White Tails Miss Ginger

White Tails Lovely Ginger

White Tails Lady Ginger

White Tails She Must Be Ginger

White Tails Sassy Ginger

White Tails She's So Ginger

White Tail's Forever Ginger
Lady Ginger made me think about how I've taken to calling her my little princess. Hmmm...White Tails Little Ginger Princess.

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Back