Its SO GOOD NEWS FRIDAY!

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

whitney

Reaction score
I'm hosting a saddle washing party this weekend, complete with hot dog roast. There's a big AMHR show friday/sat/sun hopefully I will get up to Midland to watch at least one of the days. I only have 1 horse left to trim and Sunday I will bath the bunch. I LOVE SUMMER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Marty what are you up to this weekend?

Last edited by a moderator:
It's a nice sunny weekend by the looks of the weather report here, so time for some outside 'fun'
default_smile.png

I'm going to work on my yard-(weedwhacking, tilling a garden, cleaning out the filter on my pond), and THEN!, i'm going to work some more on my quarterhorse mare. Last weekend I was able to lay across her back--no problems. She just stood there like a champ. Hubby even led her a step or two--once again- no problems, although she's not used to even my 105lb weight,,lol. She seemed quite wobbly
default_rolleyes.gif
. I can't wait to ride- although it won't be anytime soon as i'm retraining . All in all it looks to be a great weekend-(helmet included)
default_biggrin.png

Have a great weekend everyone
default_saludando.gif

My son (34 in Nov) is coming to stay wit Art and I till winter. The economy is sooo bad is So. Fla. he is losing everything. Kendra (his wife) will stay there with with my ex-husband till she has the baby in August. He is hoping that by then he will have his own place here and can move his family. Times are tough everywhere, it has been over a year since I have seen him, I will be glad to see him!!!
default_wub.png

Flirt finally foaled so I can leave to teh show early tomarrow and have fun and not worry about her!! Yeahhh!!

Woohoo!!! We just found out the guy accepted our offer on his house. So we'll have a place to live in 2 weeks when we move! Yipee! (we did have a rental set up, but those suck). Its a 5 bed, 2 bath house on an acre. And the best part is, is that it has a 4 stall barn, tack and hay storage. Just needs stall panels.

Business is good and everyone here is healthy and happy. This weekend when I'll be out enjoying the beautiful weather I'll be hoping for the best for those in the flooded areas of the states.

Hum......good news ? Whats that? I was hopeing for a good weekend but right now my SO is in the ER and waiting to hear news on whats wrong.

Have to work tommorow so thats good. But hope the wether holds out and things dry up enough to work out side and get some horse feet trimmed.

Oh and we got approved for the refi loan on our house. THe basement is almost completely finished! Cant wait for it to just be done.

Three of my "new" horses will start on their way home Sunday morning, which is exciting news.

We're going out to lunch on Sunday which will be fun and other than that, just a quite weekend, regular weekend chores, etc.

well, it's HOT, it's HUMID, and it looks like it could pour rain any second now! I don't think it's supposed to be much different all weekend.

I'm doing nothing but work ALLLLL weekend...trying to stay cool, barn sitting, and have to go to my nephew's birthday on Sunday. Fun, fun!

~kathryn

Yay,,,,

Yesterday was the last day of school. So I don't have to work untill next September!!!! And I a nice forum member sent me a photo to paint. So that will be fun. I just committed to send my new colt to Western Regionals.... YIKES I have never had a horse do regionals or Nationals... So we are VERY excited! My son got his first job and he makes more and hour than I do! HeeHee, he is very happy... So his teenage friends are all her playing video games and having a blast.

Well we have SUNSHINE for one, which is awfully nice for a change. Tomorrow is supposed to be sunny too, so if the weather holds we will be going to get the new horses. I'll probably go to an early movie tonight to distract myself from the New Horse Jitters, but I know I'll be up all night praying it doesn't rain. Assuming we get them and the weather stays nice, I'll be bathing and clipping all day Sunday.
default_aktion033.gif

This friday the 13th has been a God send for me and my husband.

We were told today that his lung cancer was olny stage I,not the II or III that we were told right after it was removed 6 weeks ago. Today were told that He is now cancer free and that we will be doing only 4 chemo treatments just to make sure nothing too small to find is hidding in there.

God is so good. I didn't think that I could go on with out him.
default_biggrin.png
default_aktion033.gif

Jan

I am finally getting hay tomorrow! That is the best news ever, and it is only costing me $3.50 a bale. I paid $6.50 a bale last fall!

After 2 and a half years back in the midwest I've finally made up my mind to move back to Florida. Just got back from there on Wednesday (it was a "make up your mind" trip) and am busy getting the house ready to be shown (as soon as I decide on a listing agent)
default_wacko.png
. I love this place.....but these midwest winters are a pain - Florida really spoiled me for all the snow and ice we've had the past 2 years. Anybody looking for property in central Missouri???

I climbed a mountain. Ok so not all the way to the top but I did climb above the tree line. I could not have done then 3 months ago. Since I have been doing Weight Watchers I have lost 28.5 lb in 11 weeks, I am finding I can do things I thought I would never be able to do again.

Our first crop of hay was cut last night, finally!
default_biggrin.png
It has been so chilly and rainy, until now, it couldn't be cut before and it's about 2 weeks behind schedule. Looks like a great crop though, all that rain made it grow and grow!
default_aktion033.gif
We even had to have the biggest pasture cut and will bale that, as it grew way too fast for the horses to keep up with eating. So we'll have even more hay this year it looks like!

Anyone else OBSESSED with hay? LOL!
default_laugh.png

Latest posts

Back