It's over....

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm sorry Sharon
default_sad.png
. My Dad has Rheumatoid Arthritis and the results are VERY VISIBLE, it's obvious that he's physically limited....but it took YEARS and YEARS for him to get disability - even with Doctors going to bat for him. He worked with the disease for 25+ years until essentially the job ended (it was a contract job on the Air Force base and it was up for renewal when the Air Force decided to take over the contract themselves. They had the audacity to offer my dad a LABORER job...he couldn't lift and swing a hammer if he wanted to.
default_rolleyes.gif
: ). But a few years ago he managed to finally get on disability but still had to wait 2 years for insurance
default_sad.png
. The doctors that worked with him all those years were infuriated at the people who marched in and expected disability for the most stupid (and lazy) reasons one could imagine....and most actually got it. It's just stupid.

I hope you can figure something out, I'm sorry this has been so hard on you.
default_sad.png

Last edited by a moderator:
[SIZE=14pt]Sharron, Sometimes just a change in wording of the diagnosis or clinical findings makes all teh difference. Go to a different doctor, Get new documentation..... Looks up your diagnosis based on the medicare and medicaid guidlines...... get your doctor to word his reports to give them what they want to hear. Try again. As with any SSI Disability they will review your case every seven years even after they give you the ok. It took me almost 3 years to get it, they gave me a lump sum of what was pwed for a year and a half which was the limit but then the IRS took a third right back the same week for taxes![/SIZE]

Lyn

I agree w/Lyn, play their game, inundate them with paperwork. Dont use their forms, write out your answers on another sheet of paper. You have FMS, surely that brings on things like myofacial pain syndrome, fatigue etc. Dont let the FMS be the singular diagnosis, even though the others are probably covered under it. Keep a diary of what you can and cant do, how this effects your days. If you have good days, make it known ( in case they watch you) , if you are wonder woman one day and on the couch the next, write it down. Get in touch w/a FMS support group, find what Dr/clinic has the best luck with SSD and go there. I sure hope this all works out for you

I too am playing the game with SS. I'm lucky that I picked up long term disability at my job before my accident. I've been turned down once and am appealing. I do have a company that the long term disability company paid for to do all the work for me. Now its in my states hands. The ltd had me go for an idependant evaluation and the doctor said I should get SS no problem.

The whole thing is stressful. It's bad enough when your body wont let you do the things you used to, but then when no one beleives how dibilitating it is makes it worse.

What a mess.

Lee

where i live a lot of people are on it, the call it DLA over here, which stands for disability living allowance, alot of people call it ,DISABILITY LYING ALLOWANCE, because of the people who have no right to it, it sickens me, i had two children who were severly disabled,and i applied for a wheelchair,the company that i applied to had a charity called children in need, they said im sorry we could give you £1000 for toys but not a wheel chair, i mean COME ON!!!! if they could play with toys they wouldnt need a ventilater...sorry just venting, our system sucks! :no:

I too am playing the game with SS. I'm lucky that I picked up long term disability at my job before my accident. I've been turned down once and am appealing. I do have a company that the long term disability company paid for to do all the work for me. Now its in my states hands. The ltd had me go for an independent evaluation and the doctor said I should get SS no problem.

The whole thing is stressful. It's bad enough when your body wont let you do the things you used to, but then when no one believes how debilitating it is makes it worse.

What a mess.

Lee
Ah nice for you, As that is what I have also. and the week after my paychecks stopped from me being on Medical leave which lasted 7 months or 1,000 hours My Long term policy kicked in. And then I signed up for SS Dis. and they used that 7 months as my waiting period so I got approved right away but I had to Replay back some of the insurance monies as they only Pay un top of SS not along with it. So at 1600 a month now for next 12 years I can safe up enough before the Ling term Policy is up. 2 months before the Medical was up I got the paper work down and approved for the LT Policy so that was cool. Now I just found out that a 30,000 Life Insurance Policy will Also be paid for as long as I am disable. That was also through what insurance I had at the work place. I had picked up a add on policy. That was good news so now I know at least that will get me in the ground along with a stone.

I had ahorrible time getting SSI. I mostly needed the Medicare and medicare, which I lost 36 months after my trasnsplant because of some time limit post transplant. To keep my SSI I can't have anything in my name. Be sure you don't have to much collateral. They (SSI) would probobly have a fit if they new how I had a farm and all. Even my horse trailer has to be in someone elses name. Check to see if that is why they denied you. I hope things turn out ok for u.

Latest posts

Back