It's over....

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sharon

Reaction score
And they will not even consider givning my case a review.

I am upset, my feelings are hurt, and we are going broke.
default_crybaby.gif
:

There is no way in heck that at this point I can work, physically nor mentally.

So, PLEASE...if anybody has any good leads on getting some online work...please let me know.

[email protected]

Grrrrr get yourself an SSD lawyer that wont charge unless you win. That TICKS ME OFFF!!!! There are SO many people using and abusing the system that when people actually need it, they get tossed aside.

:no: I'm sorry Sharon. I know you've been battling this for a long time. I'm hoping that this is just a door closing so another one will open for you and life will be easier again.
default_sad.png

I'm so sorry Sharon, it is one thing to have to live with the pain you have, but to be refused compensation to which you are entitled hurts too. Is there no other recourse?

(((hugs)))Bec

This was just for me, but when I applied I was told when applying that if you are turned down to reapply. A lawyer told my father that they will usually turn you down at least 3 times. The lawyer told my fathr that after the third time he would step in and help. I was accepted the first time. Since I have had my transplant I will not have it 3 years after my transplant but I hope to be working before then anyway. How many times have you tried? My father talked to a lawyer that was a friend of his and not involved with SSD.

Amanda

Get a new lawyer. I went through the process 3 times before I was accepted. I know of someone who went through it 12 times. :new_shocked:

Robin

Sorry to here about that, why did they turn you down? did you apply for medicaid (not medicare) so they could help if you have medical? I see people come in the office that I am for SSDI and some need it badly then others shouldn't even be on it, it's just not fair.

Sorry to hear you are having sooo much trouble I just can't understand things like this.. I not only did not have any help but I got accepted on my first try no questions asked. I just don't understand this why some people have to go through so much just to get approved.~! Although one thing it IS up to the States so maybe WI. it is easier I don't know, I really wish I could give you some hope, but I can't as I filed the end of Oct and had the first check in the bank before Christmas 2 years ago. They did use the 7 months I was on Medical leave from work but heck I was even getting paid for that~! I never will understand why some people have to jump through so many hoops to get what is coming to them.

I am so sorry for what you are going through. The only wait I am doing now is the 24 months waiting period before I can sign up for Medicare because I am only 55. But I have Cobra to fall back on till then.

I sat back and thought heck it is YOUR State that has the final say not the Feds so it is your State that is making this such a terrible;e thing for you.. Cause I did mine in my area office did most of it over the net so the Office visit wasn't even 30 minutes~! She just reviewed what I had done and went over it. Then THAT gets sent to the State of WI. which in my case was Madison. And it Was Their Review that approved me.. So I guess go after any State official at election time who does not believe in giving the Disable person a fair shake~!~

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh no Sharon!!! I'm so sorry...that has got to be frustrating! Can you maybe give it another try with another attorney...that does'nt know the attorney you already used? Sometimes if they know each other they kinda see eye to eye and let things rest. Maybe try again? I hate to see things like his happen for those who really honestly truly need it.

default_sad.png
I'm sorry Sharon, this is so hard isn't it? My daughter has Turners Syndrome which IS ON THE LIST, AND Lymphedema and can't work, can't be on her feet at all or drive much at all, low motor skills, etc..however DID get into the Air Force at 18, for 4 yrs..worked for two years after that before she had to give it up. Has been stay at home mom (kids adopted)since.

Tried twice for disability but they turned her down because

1) she worked at all(said with Turners she shouldn't have been able to work)

2) didn't work total of 10 yrs? time!! GRRR

want to get her a lawyer and may soon..but other issues have us tied up right now.Wondering if it would be worth the fight.

I am so sorry. I don't know what to tell you. I know my mother got turned down with a broken neck and dislocated breast bone; however, my brother got it for being Bi-Polar.

I would not quit this easily. They cannot refuse you a hearing. Many many cases are not decided until even the second or third appeal. It is a frustrating and complicated process but you are not the only person who has had to face it and I am sure will not be the last. This is one of the methods used to weed out claimants. Best of luck to you.

There are so many people that get it that don't deserve it....makes me mad, yet people who need it and should qualify have to fight for it...............Just crazy.....
default_wacko.png
:

My daughter got it when she had cancer......and then when she was better it stopped, no fight with that....But now the chemotherapy has damaged her hearing...........She has severe to profound hearing loss...........WIthought her hearing aids she qualifies...............But they tell me with her hearing aids (she has two one in each ear) It coreects enough that she doesn't.............Well I disagree, Hearing aids are not a fix-all, we have trouble with them all the time, and she still has trouble hearing!!! :no:

Ooohh!! I could just SPIT!!!!!!

Seems all you have to do to get a hand out these days is have half a dozen brats (sorry loving Mothers, sorry!!
default_cheekkiss.gif
: ) fathered by a different father each time, and then hold out your hand! :eek:

I spent my adult life avoiding such a happening and do not qualify for a disabled sticker (that's all I want) for my car because I will not lie!!

Sharon I know how you feel but I shall apply again and you must too.

If not for you then for the people who just do not have the energy or strength of mind to do so, but who qualify also.

Perhaps it is time to make a fuss??

I thought of camping out on the Social Services doorstep, but I need to pee every half an hour and if I lie on the pavement I will not be able to get up...........

Actually, I think I may be on to something!!

Seriously, my love, you have my commiseration, this sort of thing drives me round the bend, it really does. People like you, up front and honest, get nothing, some whingeing so-and-so with nothing really wrong at all, gets a free car, housing and my bl**dy disabled sticker
default_yes.gif
:

Last edited by a moderator:
I just saw yesterday on CBS3 news (Philadelphia) that you can work from home for such plases as the IRS. All you need is a computer with broadband and you can take calls etc. I am going to look into it for extra money (my full time job doesn't pay LOL). It said that you can pick your own hours etc. They had a woman on that took orders for IRS forms from home as she had MS and was unable to work outside. Good luck, the system really sucks :no:

I really don't feel as though I am giving up easily on this. It has been going on for I think just over 3 years. I applied got denied. Then went on to numerous appeals, reapplying and more degotnials. Then I appealed and was granted a hearing before a judge. Got denied and filed another appeal and got denied again along with a letter that it is over and done.

At this point, I am just dang tired of all the stress of waiting to hear something. I am tired of all the paperwork, and trying to remember dates. The hearing with the judge was so stressful for me that I was sick for 3 days afterwards.

In a way, I now feel as though a big weight has been lifted off my shoulders. I'll have to buckle down now and look for some sort of income.......

......in the meantime........anybody got some extra cash laying around that they don't need?
default_wink.png
:

Latest posts

Back