It's official...I'm in love!

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MelissaAH

Reaction score
No one warned me how fast you can fall in love with these little horses.

I found a breeder that was on the list that is literally 10 minutes from me!
default_biggrin.png
I drove over there and we talked for almost an hour and a half. I am on cloud nine! Mini's are definately the way I am going to go. How everyone in the world don't own them is beyond me.

I just ordered about 4 books off Amazon to educate myself too.

We went into her "baby" section and 3 weanlings (i think) came right up to us and they were so sweet and in your pocket. I don't know if I can just get one!!!! I asked if I could bring my husband by tomorrow so he can see them. He is going to fall head over heals too.

default_wub.png
Trust me........We ALL know what you mean! Or we wouldn't be here!
default_laugh.png

Curious......what books did you get?

I predict that if you do get just one to start with....it won't be long until you add another one or two.
default_biggrin.png

Welcome, and just to warn you...one is never enough. Right now I have a 4 mo filly and a goat but we are starting to look for another mare. Our filly has only been home a week and I want another one!

Good Luck bringing just one home, remember they need companionship so you need more than one
default_biggrin.png

[SIZE=12pt]Welcome to the forum!
default_saludando.gif
[/SIZE]

& the wonderful world of Mini's!
default_biggrin.png

Be sure to share if, *cough* when you get your guys!
default_wink.png

I will go ahead and say congratulations Melissa because I know you will get one or two. LOL

Hi Melissa! Welcome! I started with one 3 years ago. Bought him as a weanling and he just amazing and fun. He hangs out with my nine goats, my other passion. I had the opportunity to rescue a mini on Tuesday from a rather heavy- handed rancher and I snatched him up. So, I have two minis now- the more the merrier! For those of us who are more breakable now than when we were younger and don't have the resources for the big horses anymore, these guys are more than ideal. My advice to you, if you want it, is when you are looking for your special mini, picture in your mind what you would really like to have and keep looking until you find it. And you will find exactly what you need!

Oh yes! That Mini bug bit you!
default_laugh.png

Let us know if your hubby gets bitten too and which miniS you get!
default_saludando.gif

There is no other love like it! These little horses steal your heart.

default_saludando.gif
Hi! Yes....... They are addictive and allot of people can't understand why I gave up ALL my big horses for these guys! Once I was hit with the mini bug...... There was NO looking back and I jumped in with both feet and LOVE these little horses! There's just something about them that one can't describe! But are MUCH better than the big horses for a million reasons!!
default_wub.png
All I can say is I DO NOT miss the big horses AT ALL!

Glad you are enjoying them and found a breeder close to you!! ENJOY!
default_biggrin.png

Welcome to the Miniature World.

I too was a big horse breeder. I got a couple of Minis " for the fun of it". I kept telling all of my Morgan friends that I would never get out of Morgans, but the Mini's where fun. Then I bought a few more Minis, started showing them and broke one to drive. She started to win everythingl I WAS HOOKED!!

The rest is history, I do not own any Morgans now, still keep in touch with one Morgan friend, otherwise, I do not see any of the other Morgan people anymore. But now I have 48 Minis.

Sure keeps me busy!!
default_laugh.png
default_wub.png

Last edited by a moderator:
EVERY one of us here can relate
default_wub.png
default_wub.png
default_wub.png
I don't remember much of what I did for fun, or what I day dreamed about, prior to getting into minis about 10 years ago. I had big horses prior and still own one riding hrose, but minis are the best in my book!!!
default_smile.png
default_smile.png
default_smile.png

You know what they say.....Horses are like potato chips! You can't have just one!!
default_wink.png

I am dragging my husband by the breeder today. My BO where I have my big horse says the breeder has been in this srea for 30 years.

The horse I fell in love with is named Scarletts Belle Tara and this is her despcription:

A beautiful sorrel pinto filly who will climb in your lap if given the chance. She does, however, rule the roost over the boys who are currently her roomies. Her dam Katie Scarlett is a 32" chestnut pinto and sweet in her own right. Waiting for Stud Report to be filed by the breeder; DNA tests have been completed. AMHA registered.

of course I told the breeder that I won't be able to buy a mini until we have moved in 4-6 months which is fine and gives me time to really look at the breed and study it. But I am chomping at the bit because she will take payments up to 6 months.....someone hold me back!
default_smile.png
She is show quality as well.

This one is 4 years old and the breeder suggested that since I am new to mini's to start with an older trained one and down the road I may be ready for a weanling or a yearling. It was so neat listening to her stories and how 28 years ago no one even had really seen these little horses. She told a hilarious story of how when she was bring one home she had stopped at a jack in the box for dinner and had the mini with her outside. A group of teens drove up to the speaker (those days it was the talking Jack head, anyone remember) and they seen the horse and I guess did not pay attention and ran right over Jack knocking the speaker right over! I laughed so hard. And in her office were 100's of trophies and such. She no longer shows but loves her horses and will never not have them. She was really a gem to talk to. And she is there for you 24/7 if you buy one of her little baby's. She truly cares about them.

Haa Haa Melissa.....Kellie from the GHS board. I warned you.
default_wink.png
Now you know why I am always talking about Billy and Hondo!

Oh dear - looks like another one is hooked! LOL - Welcome Melissa. Your gonna love being a "mini" mom.
default_smile.png

Latest posts

Back