It's official! I'm a grandmother! Really! Our baby is here!

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Lexie Clair is fine and the doctors say she has leveled out very well as of today. She is exactly 9 lbs. She still is looking a bit yellow to me but I guess that's on its way out. She's so great to cuddle with all soft and squishy and smells so good I can't get enough of her. Her mother is such a natural with her I'm actually impressed with her maternal skills. Dan seems to have fallen into his daddy roll so quickly. The big lug turns into mush around her. He told me today "I think I know now why you are the way you are...." Not real sure what he meant but I'm going to take that as his way of giving me a compliment. When I asked them both if they are ready to think about baby #2, I thought they were going to throw me out of the house there for a moment. LOL

Todays' pics

jan14001.jpg

jan14002.jpg

jan14011.jpg

jan14014.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
She is a doll Marty! And she is lucky to have born into so much love and be wanted so much!

Dan hit the nail on the head. He's a quick learner.

I remember my Mom telling me as I was coming out of delivery

with my oldest boy, "Now you are going to find out what it's

like being a parent, the love certainly but the worries and the concerns, too."

My sons grasped it immediately, too, when his son was born a year ago in January.

Enjoy Garrison family - there is *something* about grandbabies
default_wub.png

Oh Marty--she's so beautiful. I just love what Dan said--it really does take being a parent to understand that. It's going to open up a whole new layer of emotions for him. Love her up, grandma!

What an absolutely precious little girl! So glad to hear she's all better. Congratulations again!!

Oh my Marty

I am so excited and happy for you, Jerry, Dan and Ashley. Your a GRANDMA. I am

sure she will have you rap around her little pinky. I am also sure she will bring

you so much joy. Your family deserves it. I also think Michael is watching over her.

I am so happy. I came on Lb, to look to see if you were a Grandma yet. I miss our

talks. Congratulations on your new blessing.

What a beautiful granddaughter you have there! Congrats Marty! I am very glad to hear that she is doing better.

Oh bless her little heart, she is so precious, and so loved. These little ones have a way to fill our hearts with so much love and joy that it is unbelievable! I just know you are going to spoil her rotten, and don't let anyone or anything stop you, just enjoy her, relish her and make her your own special little child, she will love you so much in return. We can do that with grandchildren, cause we don't need to tell them no and stop that or what ever negitive, it's all good with them. She will love you and remember you her whole life, and when she gets older you can teach her to say "horsey".

Latest posts

Back