It's official, Diminutives is all done

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ChrystalPaths

Reaction score
It was with a heavy heart I began to ponder retiring from minis. Over the years I have herniated 7 discs, broken 2 ribs, broke both feet, one just a month ago again, stacking hay, and been struck by lightning bolt energy...lotsa signs but the last 2 really got my attention. Time to rethink. I'm alone now, no help and I do it all alone. Just cannot and the kids need some young excitement. I found the perfect family last nite. Young family, 3 girls 10,12, & 16, super hubby and a woman who loves minis. Her neighbor has one, good vet refs, and just trusting my gut...this'll do well. Taking all 3. Gonna take my posts and gate to keep my old man apart from the ladies..don't want no breeding. Halley will finally learn to drive. Best of all they can stay a herd. Only about an hour away also. So...Diminutives is all done. Been a great 10 yrs, I'll stop by now and again. I'm always available to help the furkids in pain or sick....thanks for the friendships and sharing all these years. Debs

Oh and she's giving me some chicks to raise for hens...I missed that so I'll have something to nurture..first time in 30 yrs I'll be horseless
default_new_shocked.gif

I am wishing you good wishes for the next chapter of your life.

We are about 5 years from the same decision that you are now making.

I hope that things work out as well for us and it sounds like, they have for you.

All the very best
default_saludando.gif

I understand completly. I still haven't found the right home for mine. If they want 2 more let me know. It's hard to do it by yourself as you get older. Good luck with your hens.

Christy

Thank you for sharing this bittersweet time in your life. I too face this in years to come. I am happy to hear you found a good home for your babies. I hope and pray the same.

Whoa There! Just because you no longer have your kids with all the fur does not mean you don't still have this website and forum to share with. That is why we have the back porch. One should not have to give up everything they love at the same time. Please stay in touch with the friends you have made here. I wish you the very best with your new ventures just don't leave us behind.

Hoping very much you will stay in touch and congratulations on finding the perfect home for the little ones.

One other thing, could you name one little chickie "Chicken Little"?

Last edited by a moderator:
Awwww. Deb. That's great news that you found a good family for your little band. Having horses, big or small, is so much work. I'm sure this will be such a good change for you. Good luck with everything. You'll still be on here though, right? We need Debs!
default_wub.png

I'm so glad that you found a home for the whole herd....and close enough to visit! Just because you don't have the critters anymore doesn't mean you can't play on the forum!
default_smile.png
It's a good way to get your horsey kicks!

Debs, so sorry you had to let your furkids go, but glad you were able to find a good home fairly close. You know where I am if you want to talk.
default_saludando.gif

Am sorry you had to get out of minis...but very much understand. Glad you found them very good homes... does help knowing they are well cared for. That is wonderfull you are getting some chickens! Is fun watching them walk about eating grass and bugs.

Debs, I'm SO glad you found just the right family to take your loved ones all together!

I wish you all the best with the path you are on.
default_yes.gif

Thank you all. I'll be round now and again, checking up on everyone. Always available to those in need. Just took some pics today of the kids, they leave Sunday....bittersweet. I have enjoyed the 10 years with minis and all the great people I have met along the journey. Some have my kids from years past. This family is not so far away. I can check on them now and again and see Halley in harness next year...one of my dreams that never happened.

It wasn't the work or the pain but it is time now to work on my Chrystal Path full time...to teach and guide. I missed having chickens so it'll be nice to have a little affordable something to fuss with and, yes ShortPig, one will be named for you! Chicken Little.

Took some final pics today of them and the farm....enjoy..just click PLAY

http://www.kodakgallery.com/Slideshow.jsp?...mp;conn_speed=1

I love your pics of your place and the horses. If you aren't using that fab barn anymore maybe you could send it to me.
default_cheeky-smiley-006.gif

And thank you very much for naming one of your new kids "Chicken Little". Much appreciated. You will also have to post a pic of the little chicken.

I'm so sorry to read that you will not be here very often we will miss you.

I know what you mean about cutting back. I have been thinking about the same thing lately. I don't think I will ever be compleatly without a horse, not until I can't ride or drive anymore. My daughter and I went out today for a nice long (six mile) slow ride. A ride puts my whole world right.

Latest posts

Back