IT'S HERE

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kathy2m

Reaction score
My Pacific Smart Cart came in on Monday to the dealer. I got to pick it up Friday. I love it
default_yes.gif
. I got the curved back, it looks like a very substantial cart, should hold up to a a lot of use.

I haven't gotten to drive it yet, had to help a friend with a colic Friday night and a show last night, hopefully tonight we will have our first test drive. Hubby helped me with all my adjustments, I was worried that the shafts would not go short enough for Abby (Bob Giles had me cut 6 in. off my Frontier's shafts) They are fine as a matter of fact they can even go shorter if needed. I've started my Christmas list for the extras I definitely want the patine dash and then down the road the marathon shafts. Kathy

[SIZE=12pt]So Happy for you
default_thumbup.gif
They sure are an attractive cart
default_yes.gif
Maybe someday.....
default_biggrin.png
[/SIZE]

Joy

I'm sure you'll love the cart when you get to try it out. I'm very impressed with mine.

I could not love my Smart Cart any more than I do! I have had it for about a year now and it is both beautiful AND tough as nails. I had a wreck in it a couple of weeks ago, a pretty bad one. And all that happened to the cart was the shrink wrap on one shaft got destroyed and there are a couple of minor scratches on it. The ride on it is super comfortable! I can't recommend the cart highly enough. :D

I just came in from my first drive, I could have stayed out so much longer but we have one of those Florida storms brewing and it chased me inside
default_sad.png
. The ride was great, so smooth and quiet. I feel farther away from Abby, I had my husband help me adjust the seat while I was in it he said he felt no weight on the shafts, so I guess I'll just have to get used to being that far back. Abby at just 32 3/4 in. didnt seem to have a problem pulling it at all. Kathy

Here is a Smart Cart in action. The ride is wonderful.

Ron

KB1.jpg

Ron--what did you cover your dash with? That's obviously not the patine dash...but not the standard dash either, which is open?

The dash has a custom built cover that Dorothy made to hold the watches and other papers during the the marathon. It just slips over the standard dash. Yes, it does have pockets on the driver's side.

Ron

Last edited by a moderator:
I was wondering the samething, does it have pockets on the drivers side? Very cool, I think I'll borrow your idea. Kathy

Last edited by a moderator:
Congrats! Saw one of those at a Carriage Driving Convention last winter, looked FANTASTIC. I'd love to have one of my own someday.

cart question- if you were just buying your first cart would you start out with this $ of a cart? we've been looking at tom o'corrol's easy entry- and one of the boys are going out for traing this fall.......thanks

I am not sure I would buy one just to use two or three times a month. If you are planning on doing any CDE activities I would consider it as in the long run you will save money. I have gone thru several (6) carts to get to this one. Each of them have features that were great and some not so great. I abused a Frontier Cart for many years and I still believe that it is one of the best beginner carts one can buy. As I got older and got off the roads and onto trails my back told me it was time for a different suspension. I use both the Smart Cart and a cart with a torsion axle most of the time now.

I have observed that the quality of the carts and other carriages build for those Very small equine have greatly improved in just the past five years. The manufactures are beginning to respond to the demands. There must be 20 different carts to choose from now. Some of us are old enough to remember being happy to have a choice at all.

Ron

PS. I do use my Smart Cart at AMHR shows in the country pleasure classes. So it can be used in the show ring and in the carriage driving world.

The manufactures are beginning to respond to the demands.

Actually Ron, some of us have been paying attention exclusively to mini's for a great many years. <G>

Robert Graham

cart question- if you were just buying your first cart would you start out with this $ of a cart? we've been looking at tom o'corrol's easy entry- and one of the boys are going out for traing this fall.......thanks
I started out with a Frontier. I had it 3 years only used it for fun, then went with a friend to a arena driving trial and was hooked. I drove my frontier in my first HDT after 3 days of bouncing around on that cart my back was sore for a month, just like Ron said.

I think it depends on what kind of driving you are wanting to do.

I know I will be drivng ADT's, HDT's and someday CDE's I love it. Also like Ron said I've seen people using them at pleasure driving shows. So after LOTS of research the Pacific was the cart I decided to go with. Kathy

Thanks Ron for the idea of the dash, here is the one I made for my cart, it has my farm logo on it and in my barn colors.

newcart002.jpg

Congrats on your new cart!!! I know u are going to have lots of fun with it. Nopw where are the pix of you driving in it? Jen

Latest posts

Back