Its GOOD news friday

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

whitney

Reaction score
Well I found out yesterday that I can get water line thats 400' long on a roll, so I don't have to piece it all together, AND my cousin is coming out to help! The weather is cooling off, so I can DRIVE this weekend! (YEAH).

Whitney --- Where do you get 400' waterline??? sounds wonderful! and hope the driving is great for you this weekend.

good news for me --- Have been working our horses for the past two weeks in the round pen 5 days out of 7 each week... starting to see some results on the lightest weight horses.... bellies tucking up... the truly obese ones don't look any different but they are more fit (not out of breath as quickly) than they were.

Planning on going on some pleasure trail drives at the end of this month, end of september and end of october. Need my driving gelding to be fit enough for 1.5 hours of driving.. and to properly wear his harness!!!

so... things are coming along nicely.

Now.. if we could only get some rain.. any amount.. send it our way please!

JJay

Well right now I am keeping my fingers crossed but everything looks GOOD at this point that my mare Abby who lost a filly at birth in early July seems to be in foal
aktion033.gif
to my black and white tobiano stud, Last Chance Heart of the Storm
biggrin.gif
and the mare I just purchased Reece's Crystal Hawk (sabino medicine hat, blue eyed) by 4GS HF Little Kings Alfalfa Pleasure (splash overo) is also in foal to Lil Hoofbeats Charming Alibi (black and white, blue eyed, pinto) which should produce a VERY LOUD foal. Now the only thing worrying me is that both mares foaled this year and lost their foals because the sack never broke
no.gif
so it's going to a very interesting foaling season in early spring with very little sleep. Well I have almost a year to store up on sleep
biggrin.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
Plastic water pipe can be bought in lengths of up to 1000 feet at TSC stores. The rolls are connected and can be cut at 100 foot or more. They just cut off as many rolls as you want.

How about good news Thursday? Yesterday must have been my lucky day. My neighbor brought over a 300' roll of gently used no climb fencing that she took down from her place. No charge! I was up at Abby Conder's visiting my new filly and she gave me about 5 bales of grass hay (my big horse mare sends her thanks) and 3 PREGNAMARE tests! She had just had all her mares ultrasounded and wasn't going to need them. I'm about to have 5 mares ultrasounded, but will use the tests on 3 of them instead and save some $$. The stars must have been lined up well for me yesterday.
smile.gif
I'll include today's REALLY good news in another post.

Robin C

I am bursting with good news!

I found the stallion of my dreams (ok he is a yearling still) will make an annoucment soon once deposit reaches them but that is way exciting!

My tiny fat gelding still looks fat but from the way his "clothes" fit he is losing weight and Nationals is coming up i am so excited to see old friends, make new ones see all those amazing horses and meet fourm members i will be happy from now till we get home!
aktion033.gif

I introduced my gelding Cody (who lost his mom Misty last week) to his sister Gracie and he LOVES his new little friend!!! He's over his grieving, and now won't leave Gracie's side!!! They act like they've known each other forever.
wub.gif

Good news here is that its friday and Im off all next week to go to Centrals!!!!

Good news here is I will be off to the ocean for the weekend.

Pacific Crown club is having a weekend at the beach at Grayland, Wa.

I have gone driving once at the beach and it is so relaxing and exhilirating too.

FIrst time for me camping out with the horses all night except at the shows. Weather is in the 80's and perfect.

Everyone have a great weekend.

Well, both of my boys are feeling much better!

Peanut we are pretty sure is just fine, No cough, snot, fever, ANYTHING. SO YAYAYYAYAYA PEANUT.

Dealer's nose is BARELY runny, havent heard him cough, and no fever for a week now. I think he is almost totally fine! Plus nationals are coming up, and I am getting excited!

Only 6 more days till I bring Daisy home. I love, love, love her!!!
wub.gif
laugh.gif

Found a hotel room for Central Regionals that's near the grounds and isn't the Microtell (
smileypuke.gif
) and doesn't cost a fortune.

I'm going to have to work most of the show from my hotel room, though, so it better be nice......
wacko.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
Well, I took Dawn to Surgi-Care for an x-ray on her leg. Although not totally healed, it is far enough along that I can start letting her out with mom in a small paddock (15' x 15'). That's a start. She'll go back in another 30-60 days for another checkup. She sure did like that grass when we got home. Day by day she is getting better. Dr. Schwarz feels the only reason she limps is that her left leg is shorter than the right.

Have a great weekend everyone.

Barbie

What great news everyone has to celebrate!!

Have a wonderful weekend --- see ya'll again on Monday

JJ

I like this thread. Kind of an update and stop to smell the roses. My yesterday sucked..my mom was supposed to stay for 2 wks and went home because it was too hot
rolleyes.gif
go figure, she just doesn't handle heat well, SO I busted my back doing stalls and unloading the sawdust and bedding before driving 6 hours. Today I have the migraine from "heck" BUT...I'm home with my kids, it's a lovely day outside with cooler temps and a wonderful wind AND I sold Kolby to my hiardresser friend who has a schipperke already and wanted another lil monster. He'll be so much happier with 3 kids and another puppy, first time I've failed with a dog but it worked out so I'm happy.

Dear Deb, remember you only get given one Mother....so make the most of her!!! I'd trade a migraine for my Mother back, anyday.

I spent today playing with my babies- I've decided thay should really start getting used to being groomed properly and also to having their feet trimmed with less fuss
rolleyes.gif
Well....that did NOT work- ended up with Miss Dido being dumped unceremoniously on the ground in order that I might trim under her chin. If she could have bitten me I swear she would have done but she could not reach!! My fault for letting her get away with so much, but NO MORE, I say
ohmy.gif
I even had a tussle with Mr Toby, who I can still tuck under one arm at three and a half months old!!! So, as soon as I let them out they went and rolled on the the ash pile and got themselves filthy and their Mothers all looked at me with their eyebrows raised " Weaning- GOOD"
smile.gif

Oh Thanks for the heads up- I had not realised it was Friday!!!
rolleyes.gif
smile.gif
yes.gif
rolleyes.gif

If you have a vendor name or address for 400 foot line, please share it.

I would be interested.

Thanks

Tommy

aktion033.gif
Had a fun day today at the Shetland Congress with Kaykay, met several forum members, among them Belinda Bagby and Lewella from the Pony Forum. saw some beautiful horses (altho they seemed a little "large" LOL), and in general had a great time. Housework is caught up, no ironing hanging in the utility room to make me feel guilty, and the yard is mowed. All at the same time even!!!!! Tomorrow is Saturday and the possibilities are endless.
rolleyes.gif

Latest posts

Back