It's going to be a LONG 4 weeks

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dr. Pam

Reaction score
Wow, reading about the weather and the mess it's made for many of you makes me thankfulfor being spared down here!!

I've been having "female problems" for a long time along with other health issues--losing 50# helped the diabetes and high blood pressure dramatically, but a uterine ablation didn't solve my other problem. Our 25th wedding anniversary is this week, and on Christmas my husband proudly presented me with a beautiful scrapbook called "A Taste of Broadway". He had put together one week in NYC for us. It included airline tickets, a 4 star hotel, and tickets to Wicked, Mary Poppins, Phantom of the Opera, and the Blue Man Group. I cried--what a wonderful gift!! We were going Jan 5-11, and I had already scheduled my spay Jan 24. Well, the last two weeks have been terrible, and I started to hemorrhage at work Sat afternoon. Scared the crap out my poor techs. My daughter picked me up (I finished my shift--I sat in back and had them bring the last appointments back to me. Even managed to do a cat abscess somehow--felt like someone was cutting me up with knives). Called my Dr, she had me check in through the ER, and I had surgery Sun am. It took 3 hours, but went well. I can't believe how much better I feel--I'm already home and bored. I can't drive for 2 weeks. No lifting. Thank goodness Patty is home on break. No way we'll make NYC though. Mike can reschedule the plane tickets and cancell the hotel, but all the Broadway tickets are non refundable; he can try to sell them online. I know I'm very lucky, but I feel so bad that we won't be able to go!!

I'm already going stir crazy. I'm always up by 6-6:30--I can't sleep in. The donkeys are yelling at me, I can hear the minis banging their buckets--they want to know where room service is. Hmmmm...if i feed one at a time, it's less than 5#.....

Oh my goodness, Dr. Pam!!! The main this is that you are ok! I'm sorry your broadway tickets can't be of use to you guys, like they say, all things happen for a reason. What ever the heck that means! I'm so glad you are feeling better. I also am the type of person that you just can't keep down. I've always said, I'll loose my mind if I break a leg or something! Just follow your Drs. orders and you will get better sooner.
default_smile.png

Take care!

Joyce

How scarey! I am glad you are feeling better...Hopefully your hubby can sell them online and recoup some of the money for the tickets....the main thing is that you are ok! Hang in there!

Awww. That's too bad. But it's good you're all better now and on your way to a full recovery. Hang in there
default_wink.png

I have to admit- I'm torn between wanting to hug you in comfort for all you're going through and laughing myself silly over you using the term "spay" for a hysterectomy!!
default_new_rofl.gif
Good lord, you know you're an animal person when....
default_laugh.png

Seriously though, I'm glad you're okay and tell your hubby he did good on the Christmas gift. You'll reschedule and really be able to enjoy it this time instead of being in pain.
default_wub.png

Leia

I'm glad to hear you're doing better after your "spaying"
default_rolleyes.gif
What a thoughtful, wonderful gift your husband came up with!!
default_wub.png
They always say it's the thought that counts!! Hopefully you'll be able to reschedule your trip soon! and.....stay out of the barn!!!

So glad you are OK. Boy you have been through the mill. Sorry about your trip being canceled and ouch the theater tickets. Get well real soon, I can hear those buckets banging and brays all the way in Maryland! Lol. Sending healing thoughts and prayers.

That's too bad that you are missing out on such a wonderful trip.
default_sad.png

HOWEVER, but I'd also count your blessings that everything worked out in the "spay dept." too.......Hope you can plan another trip in the near future.

Blessings.

Im so sorry about your trip! I had something very similiar years ago and the surgery was the best thing I ever did. At the time I was told the other procedure is not very effective so we went straight to surgery. I could not believe how good I felt right after. I had felt bad for so long I forgot what it was like to feel good! Be sure and listen and stay low for the couple weeks. I did too much and ended up back in the hospital with an abcess. But after that all was great!

Sending good healing thoughts!

kay

Hmmmm...if i feed one at a time, it's less than 5#.....
Exactly...it worked for me. Just step away from the water buckets, and bales of hay.
default_wink.png
default_laugh.png

The day after getting home from the hospital after my spay...(day five) my husband drove for over 7 hours to take me to PEI,
default_wub.png
to pick up our first two miniatures.
default_wub.png
We stayed the night in the living quarters of the trailer, and let me tell you...I had to crawl into the thing on my hands and knees, because the step was too high for me, and there was no way I could crawl into the big bed up top. The drive home, I wasn't quite as "fresh-feeling", as it tired me out...but I would do it again.
default_rolleyes.gif

Amazing what us horse-nuts will do isn't it?
default_laugh.png
default_new_shocked.gif

Okay, now you have me shooting coffee out my nose.
default_wink.png

I thought the post was about a cat. Talk about animal focused !

At least take it easy for a few days. Can't blame you though, I can't sit still for very long.

Sorry about the trip, how disappointing. I'm betting you'll be able to sell the tickets on Ebay.

Take care of yourself,

Vickie

I'm sorry you had to fore go the trip and needed emergency surgery. Get well soon then plan a post anniversary trip.

HUMMM what part of your Dr's orders didn't you understand?
default_poke.gif
NO LIFTING!!
default_nono.gif
Get healed first!!

They say DR.s are the worst patients which obviously includes DVM's.

CONGRATULATIONS on 25 years!
default_aktion033.gif

Since you are going to have a bunch of time on your hands you can vist here more often, we've missed your posts,

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm so glad you are ok. What a wonderful thoughtful gift your husband came up with. I hope when you are feeling better you'll still enjoy your trip.

Latest posts

Back