It's Friday, and I'm here!

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ok, ladies, its Friday, where are you?

I'm inside, trying to avoid the wind, and doing little else. Ended up in town 3x this week, so not good for eating healthy. Gotta say, the new McDonald's Premium Chicken Wraps are pretty darn good; I've had the snack wraps before, but this is a full-size, yummy wrap. Ate chicken every time I was in town: Monday, chicken soft tacos for supper; Wednesday, grilled chicken breast sandwich; Thursday, the grilled chicken wrap; those all would have been some what healthy meals, if I hadn't add the fried potatoes to go with (Potatoe Ole`s, and then fries twice, but I love McDonald's fries).

Vet's coming out this after to C-section a cow, and hopefully save the calf; planned C-section, rather than emergency. Wouldn't you know, the wind is just screaming through here today. I'm trying to get dishes done before then, so the counters are clear.

I feel like I should be doing something outside and productive, but that wind is just too nasty, and I really don't want to eat horse poop dust that would be blowing in the wind if I were to be out there trying to clean up.

I tried a frozen fruit and yogurt smoothie the other day, don't know what went wrong, but it didn't taste all that good, wondering if my frozen fruit was freezer burned, it had been in the freezer awhile (and it had been previously opened). The yogurt tasted fine, so I don't think it was the yogurt.

Best get back to those dishes, they're calling me...

Chanda, did you add any sweetener to your smoothie? I think there is normally quite a bit of sugar added to commercial smoothies so just yogurt + fruit might be a bit shocking if you're not used to it!
default_spit.gif
I hope your calf pulls through. I laughed reading about your "horse poop dust!"
default_laugh.png
I've heard that works better than Chapstick to keep you from licking your lips!
default_new_rofl.gif

I've been in a bit of a funk this week...it's been too quiet here lately. Too muddy to work horses but I haven't had the time or materials needed to work on my upcoming "inside projects" either. Took one of our kitties to the vet today as his recurring "ear-funk" problem was back (we are 2 years and 2 fatty tumor removals into this struggle), only to find out that the poor guy has grown another polyp inside his ear canal. He is the sweetest and most laid-back cat I've ever met, which makes it that much more painful for me to see him struggle with this over and over. The vet gave me some drops to put in his ear every 6 hours for the next 5 days so hopefully that will help him...otherwise we are looking at a third surgery.

I have been off the workout wagon for going on 3 weeks now while I have been recovering from a couple of horse-related incidents. Feeling better now so I'm hoping to get crackin' this weekend! Speaking of weekends, I hope you all have a nice, relaxing/fun one ahead of you!!
default_biggrin.png

With low fat vanilla yogurt and frozen berries, the previous smoothies were just fine, so I really think the fruit was freezer burned.

Calf came through the C-section, cute little black heifer, will be a few days before we know how strong she is, but so far, so good.

There is an immune booster supplement you can give cats that might help your kitty. won't cure what he's got, but would hopefully help him fight it. Its called Duralactin, it comes in a paste. http://www.vetrxdirect.com/product/view/duralactin-feline-l-lysine Don't know if it would be appropriate for what your kitty has, but I used it on our siameseX that had respiratory issues as a kitten, he had a chronic sinus infection.

Latest posts

Back