It's Fall!!!

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CharmedMinis

Reaction score
Ok so technically it's not quite fall yet, but close enough that I'm in heaven.

We got a good soaking rain last night which dropped our temperatures here in Central NM into the mid 50's.

It was so fresh and clean smelling this morning while I was doing chores, I felt like a new person. Giving all of the horses their morning hugs and scratches, I got to bury my fingers down into their quickly forming wooley coats.

Every Saturday morning I drive to a local coffee shop to get myself a sweet treat and a coffee, my once a week indulgence. Driving down our village road all the pastures were covered in early morning dew and a peaceful light fog. It was just so refreshing.

I got to wear a sweatshirt for my morning jaunt this morning. I love that first day every year where I get to sink into my favorite sweatshirt, and I never want to take it off.

With everything going on in the world right now, I've been quite stressed out for the past couple of weeks, which I know most everyone has. So it was even better this year than most, to be refreshed and rejuvenated by a new fall morning, and beable to just breathe deeply of the crisp air, forget about everything else for a few moments, and just enjoy
wub.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh Lindsey, it's been here for about a week or better. I agree that there is nothing like the old soft flannels and worn sweatshirts, wearing sox, the old beat up barn coat, seeing your breath in the 44 degree morning, dew covering the pastures and the kids waiting for breakfast with soft nickers and love. I love sitting on the porch wrapped in an old quilt with my hot cuppa tea watching the kids stretch out and graze.

aktion033.gif
I love fall too. It's been like that her for a week or two also. Right now it's about 70 degrees and we have a good breeze going. So it's still pretty cool especially in the shade. The sun is nice and warm, but not sowarm you're going to get over heated while doing chores. Trisket is loving this cool crisp weather. I still have to get her a blanket and we make our polar fleeces.

Christy

Last edited:
To me fall is heavenly!!

Now my daughter has started Kindergarten, we walk to the bus every day about 1/4 mile, most of it our driveway and it is so peaceful!!!!!!!

Walking with the three kids, always a few dogs and the sounds and smells of fall, it truly makes me Thankful!!

Next week I am going to walk one of my minis down to the busstop, the neighbours will think I am really crazy then!!!!!!!!!!!!

Lovely image you described!

Fall is in the Pacific NW, too. Leaves are falling, nighttime temps are

great for sleeping once again, while the daytime temps are pleasant.

Ponies have been furring up for a few weeks now, making me think

we're going to have a 'winter' this year. In the meantime, just going to

enjoy the colors of fall and peacefullness that seems to accompany it.

OOOOOO you've got me so exited! I absolutly LOVE LOVE LOVE fall and it hasn't hit here yet. You described the joys of fall so well, enjoy it!

HI LINDSAY!!!!!!
saludando.gif
HAY THERE GAL!!!!!!!
saludando.gif

I am so happy you posted this.
yes.gif

We are having our first harvest festival this weekend. It's so much fun.

Next week I am going to get the living room painted up nice and fresh and begin to display our harvest decorations inside and out. I am just so happy to see autumn. I love every minute of it. I totally do!
biggrin.gif

Ahhhh....your description of fall makes me excited ...can't wait for it to arrive here either!!! We have a wait yet to go tho because next week we'll be back up in the 90's!!!!
no.gif
I have my trusty old sweatshirt waiting too!!! Don't you just love old jeans and sweatshirts??

Not fair, not fair!!!! WE are still hitting 100 here, in the high 80's at night. I want the fall.
crybaby.gif

Robin

Wahhhh falllllllll We dont 'do' fall here. We have summer, not quite summer, just past summer and summer is starting
wacko.gif
Its about 85 today, but only because its overcast, been about 90.

I cant wait to turn off the heat ( when hubby isnt home LOL) crank up the fireplace and wear sweats. Nothing says 'winter' than to be all tucked up and cozy. Welll maybe some stew or bisque says winter as well LOL

I also love fall, and winter, too!!!! It's in the air already here. We'd had such hot muggy days but the past week or so has been much cooler with little humidity. I love it!

fall2.gif

AWWW Fall
aktion033.gif
!

But WHERE are YOU?

We have leaves falling, acorns falling, hickory nuts falling.

But NO falling temps. It's in the 90's
new_shocked.gif

yes.gif
I want fall
aktion033.gif

Latest posts

Back