It's Been Over SIX Years!!!!

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lauralee

Reaction score
Hello everyone,

Some of you may remember me! I had miniature horses and went thru a bad divorce and sold them all. My life has gone in a new and different direction.

I stopped by because I have a dear friend that is interested in miniature horses and I sent her here. Then just out of curiosity I read the forums a bit and some of you guys are still here!!!! I did a search for my last posts and posts including my name. Some of you do remember me!

ROBIN I am sooo sad you lost Whyspr! I remembered the picture of her in the yard!

Well I remarried and we moved. My best friend from childhood bought my house/barn. She saw those two remaining mini stalls and I could see the gears turning. I think she has the fever.

We bought 208 acres further into the country and now have cows. OMG you can't imagine how much I love them. Yes they all have names. And they are pets like big dogs.

We also bale hay all summer long, for other people, plus our own fields. We have HIS and HERS matching John Deere tractors.

I have a riding horse, a pretty deep palomino mare with a couple of socks and a blaze. But I never actually ride much. It just isn't that fun to me anymore. But she is a good calf-babysitter and she licks the baby calves and lets them chew her tail off.

So I may hang out a while for stress relief. Everyone here is soooo wonderfully nice! Those cattle forums are VICIOUS!!!! And I am tired of watching those brutes rip each other apart. (sigh)

This forum brings back so many nice memories. When I sold all of my horses due to divorce, it was painful to think of them. Now, I think I can handle it. ; )

Welcome back!

It has been a long time and I remember you!

default_smile.png

Hi Lady,

Sure miss you and the fun we had. Glad to hear you are doing well. I still have my little friends and some of them are pushing 30. Chief is still here and dances like crazy when he sees the girls. Call or write if you ever have time to meet for lunch.

Hi,

Fret not about cattle chat... there are cattle folks here too but we are nice. I have two minis and 44 milking cows and a bunch of heifers of different ages. Have goats too and dogs and cats.

So, feel free to include cattle photos and calf photos and chat cattle too, I LOVE my "girls". Love to see your horse too.

So sorry about you losing your minis, glad you still have a horse and cows that you love. best wishes and welcome back.

Congratulations on finding your happy place again.

Rexann I definitely do want to bring my friend Kristy down there to see the horses. She will be literally over the moon for miniature horses. I already know it!

Bring a trailer and I will fill it for her. I am getting old and lazy. We still drive and several of us "old women" are going to the National Drive in Ky. this fall. I am so excited.

Rex Ann

Hi Laura!! of course I remember you!!! It's so good to hear you so upbeat and happy. !!

I remember I loved your stallion Trouble and wished I could have purchased one of your Appaloosa mares. Also loved your Feather and remember when you got her. Hey, remember that other Texas breeder who bought the leopard colt from me? (I'm ramblin rose ranch in Ga) you helped me a great deal with coming to terms with that.

I know what you are talking about with the cattle people...I got in a mixed up mess with a bunch from the miniature cattle community...those people are unreal and it took a attorney to straighten them out. I've never seen a more nasty bunch in my life. LOVE the Mini Horse community, we have our differences but nothing like the cow folk thank God.

well, good to have you back.
default_yes.gif
Did you see John Eberth has accomplished his goal of DNA testing for the Dwarfism genes?

Last edited by a moderator:
I remember you; welcome back! I am not here nearly as much as I once was, but do read fairly often, and sometimes post.

Margo in NM

Well H E L L O stranger!! It is great to hear from you again. I have thought about you often over the years since we made the trip down to buy the "Hauler by Bob" from you. That was the same year we got to meet Margo_C-T too! Glad to hear you are doing well and enjoying life and all the turns it has taken you to lead you to the path you are now on!

I also sold the last of my minis at the end of 2010, BUT, Angel, once of my first born here, is back again. I sold her locally and they no longer wanted their 2 minis, so she placed the gelding elsewhere, and I took Angel back. We now have 3 gaited horses and Angel. Thanks for stopping in!!

Hello!! Didnt you have the lovely website with all the historical pics on there?! Sounds like you are on a new adventure but welcome back and glad you are hanging around!

I remember you too!!! It's odd, but last week I was thinking of a lot of the old 'regulars' on here and wondering what they were up to.

Nice to see you back!

~kathryn

And I remember you and your avatar......where'd that go??
default_smile.png
......I hadn't posted in a long while and jumped back on last week.

I don't get involved with cattle boards but love those cute calves! I still have minis but all are retired from everything but eating and "wanting" to breed. That isn't happening around here but, many of mine are 25+.....3 are 30. Sigh, lovely souls, they are.

Cattle were too much for me and the mini ones too expensive. So, I have a few milk goats now. In past I had goats. They are sweet and those boards have been friendly, like the guys here.

Welcome back. I've come on and read before and wondered where you had gone. Glad life has dealt you some happiness again.

I never forgot you and thought of you often. Don't leave again!

I'm devastated about losing my Whypy. I can't talk about it
default_crybaby.gif

Latest posts

Back