It's already been 5 months!

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jens

Reaction score
It's been 5 months since I adopted my 2 rescue mini's and I just wanted to share some before and after pictures. The before pictures were taken the first day I went down to the rescue to meet them and the after pictures were taken in the past couple of days. It's hard to tell they were very underweight because of there winter coats. They had black teeth when I got them and now that has almost cleared up! I just need to make sure they don't get fat, lol. How do you think there weight looks? I currently have them on grass for 2-4 hours a day and they share a flake morning and night. They also get 1 and 1/2 cups Purina mini feed 2/day. Okay, so I kind of went overboard with the pictures, lol.

DSC_0981.JPG

DSC_0985.JPG

DSC_0979.JPG

DSC_1122.JPG

IMG_0414.jpg

DSC_1096.JPG

DSC_1118.JPG

IMG_0466.JPG

IMG_0132.JPG

Wonderful!!!!!
default_thumbup.gif

They look great! Even with the fuzzies, you can see some hip bones and dull coats. They look great now and appear to have won the lottery when it comes to a great home and happy life. Good for you!!!!

Wonderful to see how healthy and happy they look since you have had them. They look so sad and thin in the before pictures.

There is a lost look in the eyes of the before picture. I was involved in horse rescue for many years and that is a look that is hard to forget. They just sort of shut down.

The "After" picture say it all. Happy eyes, eyes that are anxiously waiting for love and attention they KNOW is coming. They look great. Job well done!
default_firstprize.gif

If only I had a larger barn and more land....

I see how addicting these little guys are!!!

Wonderful from a sad start to a happy healthy looking now..l agree with the eyes part they often tell a sad story but once the spark is back you know you did good..

Latest posts

Back