Its all my fault

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fanch

Reaction score
Im sorry, but I just have to post as Im balling and feel like dying. One of my 3 guinea pigs just passed away in my arms, not but 20 minute ago, and all I think of is how its all my fault. I sat and held as she convulsed, and could do nothing for her but cuddle and tell her she was a good little piggie. I saw her weight going down for the past month, and have been feeding her with a super supliment, and feeding by herself, but I didn't want to go to the vet till I ruled out anything that i could do from home, I don't have money. But I think my selfish ways cost her her life
default_crybaby.gif
:CryBaby

She just turned 4, she still should have had a few years to live, but it got taken away, and all I could do was say "Im so sorry Nibbs, this is all my fault."

Im going to miss her, her beautiful little face, how when she begged for food you could see the small fleckes of white of her chest. How she use to run up and sit at the pellet bowl everytime I opened my closet.

If you can hear me little girl, im sorry, but we'll meet again; till then, enjoy all the red peppers and cucumbers up there, and don't forget to say hi to Pumpkin for me
default_bye-sad.gif

Nibbs in her prime!

http://s218.photobucket.com/albums/cc111/S...nt=HPIM0031.jpg

Sleeping as she usually did, cute to the point of crushable!

http://s218.photobucket.com/albums/cc111/S...nt=HPIM0682.jpg

A family portrait

http://s218.photobucket.com/albums/cc111/S...nt=HPIM0837.jpg

I let my 2 left see that shes gone, and her lifelong bud spent a long moment nibbling at her, who ever says animals don't feel grief has never seen friends say goodbye.

Paige I am so sorry to hear you lost your little Nibs. Please don't think you are selfish or bad because you couldn't get her to a vet. I think you did very good by feeding her by herself and getting her a supplement. By the looks of her, she had a very good life with you and was very happy. Many hugs ((((((((( )))))))))

Oh Hon, sorry for your loss of Nibbs. Dont blame yourself, you were a GREAT mom. We all do the blame game when we loose someone too soon, its natural. But dont let it get you down. You took care of her and most likely the Vet wouldnt have been able to help her anyhow. Huggs

I am so sorry for your loss, and also to Nibbs' 2 pals left, I know you all will miss her. I can tell from the pictures that Nibbs was very well cared for. Don't be too hard on yourself, she and Pumpkin are together, and healthy!

RIP little Nibbs
default_wub.png
Its obvious to all of us you loved her dearly and gave her the best care you could. She couldn't have asked for a better mommie
default_wub.png
I know it's hard. My pet rat Rosie died in my hands, convulsing too when I was 12
default_no.gif
It was so very sad to say goodbye. She had been loosing weight for a couple weeks but like you, I didn't know why. I went to my dads for the weekend and when I came home she was throwing a fit trying to get out of her cage. Once I got her out she layed down in my hands and calmed down. She held on for another 30 minutes or so and then we said goodbye.

So as hard as I know this is for you....you aren't alone
default_wub.png
She was well loved and that's all she could ever ask for
default_yes.gif

Please don't feel at fault. You did the best you could for her. She had a good happy 4 years of life with you. Think of the good times and don't dwell on the "if only" stuff because it won't change a thing. Focus on the happy times with her! It hurts now, but in time....it will be easier to smile about her.

It's always hard losing a pet, but it's part of having them.

"It's part of life"....I tell myself (to help cope).
default_wub.png

Oh Paige, I'm so sorry. Please don't blame yourself. I know EXACTLY how you feel. I just lost one of my rats on the 5th of July but I wasn't home when she died. I *knew* she was sick when we left for the weekend, but I didn't know she was dying. You can sit and "second guess" or "what if" for days, but all you are doing is making yourself more miserable. Take the time to mourn your loss of Nibbs and then know he's in a great place where he's happy, healthy and waiting to see you again.
default_smile.png
I'm here if you need to talk! I've lost a lot of furkids in my life.

i am so sorry for your families loss.don't blame yourself, you did the best you could, sometimes it is just their time no matter how young or old .
default_sad.png

I'm so sorry you lost your little Nibbs.
default_no.gif
She was adorable. As others have said, please try not to blame yourself. It sounds like you did all you could and it looks like she had a great home with furry friends and a person that loved her very much. I lost one of my house rabbits earlier this year. Mirabelle had the best veterinary care that money could buy but it still couldn't save her. Like you, I blamed myself, too. Sometimes, all you can do is love them and be there with them when they pass over the Rainbow Bridge.

Thinking of you and sending healing thoughts in your time of sorrow.
default_wub.png

Latest posts

Back