ITS A FILLY! MISSED THE WHOLE THING!

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

K Sera

Reaction score
from a little place in the South to Mid Michigan
Rosey decided around 200 pm to lay down and go into labor ... the cam went down ... I sped home ,,,, it was over! More later ,,,, got to get back out to the barn
default_thumbup.gif

Aww--sorry you missed the birth, but CONGRATULATIONS on your new filly!!
default_cheeky-smiley-006.gif
Hopefully mom & baby are doing well. Looking forward to lots of baby pictures!!!!
default_yes.gif

Way to go Rosey - CLEVER GIRL!!!
default_thumbup.gif
default_thumbup.gif

Congratulations Lynne - hope all is well. Waiting impatiently for some pics of the new little filly.
default_yes.gif

Just realised that she didn't even wait until Friday night bless her - now you will have the whole weekend to coo and aww over the new baby. What a good girl Rosey!
default_firstprize.gif

Yeah!!
default_517.gif
congrats on your new Filly Lynne and Rosey ...man I can't imagine being in work then have to rush home I'll bet that was a nervous trip. Hope all went well and can't wait for pictures.

So nice of Rosey to pick a Friday

I can see her on cam she looks adorable with her little blanket

Last edited by a moderator:
Yay! You are not going to believe this but around 2:00 oclock at work today I was calling my husband at home to see if he would pull up your marestare on our computer since I had it in favorites. I felt like it was going to be somewhere between midmorning and this evening when she had it/her. At 4:30 this morning I peeped in and Rosey was pacing, biting her side, and when she did stand in her "spot" she kept shifting her weight from one back leg to the next. I almost called you to ask you how far is your job from home because I was going to tell you I thought she was about to go from stage1 labor to stage 2 but then I thought well one of the aunties might tell you it looked like SOON. My husband did not pick up the phone and somehow I felt like when I got home and checked you would have a baby in the stall. I just got in from feeding mine and logged on BOOMBABY YOU GOT A BABY! Give us details. I know how you feel. Choctaw has had 3 babies for me and all were in secret. Sneaky mares! Congrats and hope mom and little one are doing fine. Also want to say 6.8 is the lowest reading I have seen for mine because the babies have come quickly here once they hit that mark.

20130301_173537-1.jpg20130301_173607-1.jpg

20130301_171011-1.jpg

]I had been watching her on the cam and noticed the same thing ... then the cam went off. Then I checked it again and there she was pacing, circling, pooping, layed down, got up, layed down, got up. I sent a text to my daughter in law and asked if she was watching and told her what was going on. I even told my peeps at work I might have to leave. I had some new "clients" come in my office, I looked my computer, saw her lay down and start contractions/pushing .... I jumped up, said I got to

go my horse is having a baby and they looked at me like I was a freak! I don't even know what I left running in my office. (Don't care either... it will be there Monday!

Marestare folks were ringing my phone, my cam was down again, I told them I was on my way, I called my neighbor (young guy) and he went over and she had already delivered. When I got there, 15 minutes later, the filly was laying next to her, I dried her off, sprayed her navel, etc..... checked the placenta which was already passed.

That was it! I hate it is going to be 29 degrees tonight though but I have a heat lamp hanging in there that will help and the babe has a blanket. No name yet but maybe I can get some ideas. I believe she will be silver bay and has some lip spots and a little faint star, so far that I have noticed .....eye color is odd. I didn't measure her yet and can't wait to let her run around without the blanket but it was too cool when she arrived so I got her covered. She is tiny though.

20130301_164731.jpg

What a cute little girl. Love her little blanket. Congrats again on the new bundle of joy. I think she looks sorrel, but it is hard to tell.

Last edited by a moderator:
She's a doll ...Be careful with the heat lamp I wouldn't leave it on unless you are right there

they can be a real fire hazard.

Once she is dry as long as she's out of the weather or draft she should be warm enough with her blanket

Latest posts

Back