It's a BOY!!

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KrazyHorses

Reaction score
Went to the barn at 7am this morning and found this little guy!

He looks very much like his Momma, but w/ one blue eye.

baby1.jpg

baby2.jpg

baby3.jpg

baby4-milkstretch.jpg

Congrats! What a pretty baby he looks strong to up nicely on his legs already and nursing that is always a good sight to see too. :aktion033:

Thanks everyone
default_smile.png

The little guy is now racing around the stall...LOL!

So, how long should he stay in the stall w/ his mom?

and, when will he need a bucket of water put down? (he can't reach Mom's waterer)

and, how long will Momma Mare remain a witch?

and, when can Mom and baby go out into a private paddock?

Last edited by a moderator:
From what I can see from the pictures it looks like a nice foal to wake up to! Looks very nice. Our foals and dams are usually in their large stall together 24 hours to get acquainted and bond without out horses pestering them. The next day we usually open a door on the stall to a lot of their own where mom and foal can both get some more exercise and fresh air. The moms are often anxious for the other horses to see their foals but...don't touch! Our water is always available but it is better that the foal not drink water a lot as it can cause some tummy problems. Good luck with your new little one, sounds like you are already having fun watching his antics. Lavonne

awww what a great way to start the day! Its good to know im not the only one with a late in the year baby! Hes adorable congrats!!!

Wow, congratulations!

I got teary eyed looking at your photos,

you are blessed!

Hope he is everything you want.

~Julie~

Thanks everyone!

They had their first outing yesterday, and talk about a proud Momma! She was so happy to be out and showing off Junior. Her head couldn't have been held any higher and she was struttin' all around. It was amazing to see the new foal running right along side Mom. I'll try to get some pictures today...I was too awe struck yesterday and wanted to enjoy the moment.

Congratulations! He looks wonderful.

default_smile.png

I put water down to where they can reach it within the first day or so, though I try not to fill the bucket too much b/c I've heard of tiny ones falling in and drowning (I will admit it's rare). I just be sure and check the water often to replace it when it's not very full (like a third full). After about a week or so, I don't worry about that anymore b/c coordination and strength are much improved, so I go back to filling at least half full on the buckets. I've seen foals that were a little over 24 hours old tasting the water and actually drinking.

Liz M.

"CONGRATULATIONS!!" on a handsome little fellow! Love the white on his face!!

Lucky way to find a new baby!! I'm so glad everything went okay!!

Congrats!!!! How lucky to find him there all perfect. He sure is cute.

Latest posts

Back