Itchy Mini

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mrwdaw

Reaction score
Hi all! I'm a rather new mini owner. I have a mare who as soon as she comes into the stall, starts itching against the wall. I have put powder on her for mites but she continues. Any thoughts? My other two are not exhibiting this behavior.

Is she rubbing her body, head, tail? Any visible bumps, raised hair, does she rub off hair when she rubs? Does she seem itchy at other times or does she only rub when she first comes into her stall?

Is she rubbing her body, head, tail? Any visible bumps, raised hair, does she rub off hair when she rubs? Does she seem itchy at other times or does she only rub when she first comes into her stall?
She bites her legs and rubs her shoulders. She seems to rub when she first comes into the barn.

Maybe she is saving up her itches to scratch where she likes best? :) If she only does it when she first comes in, maybe she's just scratching all the saved-up bug bites of the day. I guess I would only worry too much if I saw broken skin, bumps/hives, oozy spots, missing hairs, or she seemed to keep on itching and itching and was acting really uncomfortable.

Certainly can't hurt to try a bath, and maybe some fly spray or a fly sheet if it's buggy?

Latest posts

Back