It was worth the trip--IMHC Show

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dr. Pam

Reaction score
We bought a colt from Erica 1 1/2 years ago and had to show him as an Over Junior Stallion last year--he did "OK"--a few Jr Championships but mostly 2nd's and 3rd's going against much leggier Shetlands. As a 3 year old he measured in at 32 3/4" and gets to be an Under gelding
aktion033.gif
. He has one beautiful legacy--an "oops" with my National Grand Champion driving mare SR Desert Sun resulted in a stunning palomino filly this spring.

ANYWAYS (
biggrin.gif
) "Lance" (Erica's Gimmie Another Glance) and Patty had one show the end of May and he did OK--another Jr Champion and he did well in his Halter Obstacle class, but he wasn't going in harness yet. Fast forward to this weekend: we had to drive Patty's girlfriend back up to Des Moines, so might as well go to our Club show, right?
wink.gif

Patty has done all the training on this boy herself, and he is going beautifully in harness now. This has helped tone him up, and improve his confidence. He went Jr. Champion under 3 of the 4 judges, and Res Grand under 2 and GRAND under one!! He got 1st under all 4 in Youth driving, then went into Stakes (22 in the class!!) and WON under one judge, with 2 thirds and a fourth. Patty got 2 firsts and 2 seconds in Showmanship, a second and 3 thirds in Obstacle (8 in the class--only 3 horses made it through without DQ'ing) and 4 thirds in Youth Jumping.

He doesn't look like the same horse from last year--people kept asking her who her new horse was! A good example of horse that was stunning as a yearling, went "gawacky" as a 2 year old, and has blossomed as a three year old!

No ears at the moment--I had a quick shot inbetween judges

2005IMHCshowLanceHalter.jpg

Showmanship

2005IMHCshow052.jpg

Halter Obstacle

2005IMHCshow051.jpg

2005IMHCshowLanceObstacle.jpg

What a great show!! Some of these ribbons are from Patty's other horse, Spice--pretty good haul for 2 horses!! You can't see the 40+ third through fifth place ribbons...

2005IMHCshow046.jpg

I was heading for the driving classes, so didn't get any driving pictures--I bought a nice one from the show photographer.

Last edited by a moderator:
Wooohoooo!
aktion033.gif
Good going! I remember Lance from when Erica was showing him as a yearling, he is a very pretty horse.
yes.gif

Look at that boy do it ALL
aktion033.gif
way to go Patty you have him looking good and doing well.

I want to see that driving picture when you get it in - please email it to me.

I always tell people my babies grow quick LOL, he was 32.5" as a yearling when I was showing him
biggrin.gif

Lance was always a sweet boy

CONGRATULATIONS Patty!! All of your work paid off. He's awesome
new_shocked.gif

I wanted to be there so much but just couldn't
no.gif
. I would have loved to meet you and your mother.

Gee Pam, he's so pretty. Congratulations on a great show and I know you're glad to be home.

PS Thanks again.
wub.gif

He is beautiful!!!! I don't think you can go wrong with an Erica horse
biggrin.gif
Way to go big time to Patty for all her hard work and talent!!!! Congratulations
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

[SIZE=14pt]Beautiful pics and a beautiful horse..... Cant wait to see you again at nationals Dr Pam....Esthers ears are ok ....for now! ....lol[/SIZE]

Lyn

aktion033.gif
Congratulations Patty! He looks great, be sure to post driving pics when you get some!
aktion033.gif

Congratulations! Lance looks great, Patty looks great, and together they make a stunning pair!

Wow, congratulations to both of you! Lance is gorgeous and obviously well-trained, that's fantastic about your placings. All the photos are nice (and I want to see the driving one when you get it!) but I love that sidepassing one the best. Again, congratulations.

Leia

Latest posts

Back