It was one year ago today...MyLilShowGirl(Kris)

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

justanothercowgirl

Reaction score
For those of you that were here last year I am sure you all remember when Kris posted the awful news of losing her Dad. One year has passed for her family, today they will plant a tree in their yard and mount a plaque in memory of their dear husband and Dad. Much has happened in this last year, Kris' oldest sister got engaged, Kris just graduated from gr. 8. I know he would be so proud of his wife and daughters for having the strength to carry on after this tragic loss. Kristen's Dad was a hero the day he died because he swerved to avoid a collision with an out of control car that was filled with people. In a split second he sacrificed his life for others.

Kris, I know how proud your Dad would be of how strong you were for your Mom during the visiting hours and funeral, I honestly don't know how you managed. He would also be so very proud of your accomplishments at school, the fact that you made your dream of owning a mini come true, your accomplishments in the show ring and what a wonderful, mature person you are!! I am so sorry that you lost your Dad so soon but be happy that you had such a wonderful man as your Dad while he was here.

Here is what Kris posted one year ago today....

Today at 1:30pm my dad ( truck driver) was at work making regular deliveries when a car infront of him on the 401 near Cambridge ontario, went out of control, and my dad tried to swerve and miss the car but he over corrected himself and his big work trucked rolled and rolled. he passed instantly. It was just my 13th birthday yesterday. He was just at my horse show yesterday cheering me on. Right know I am speechless, I dont know what to think, I dont know what to do. I am very worried about my family and how we are going to deal with things. My mom is know a widow, and My sisters and I dont have a dad to be there when we need him.

The last thing I said to him was "thank you for my birthday present" which was a trip to the AMHA Nationals. I was all excited ( my first plane ride!), and then it turned out to be the worst day ever. It still doesnt seem real, More like a nightmere.

In loving memory of my daddy, December 25- July 12 2004.

-Kristin

Aww... reading Kristen's post from last year made me cry. I'm sure that this anniversary of her beloved father's death is going to be extremely difficult for her and the entire family. How sweet of you to post for her, "justanothercowgirl".

Sending good thoughts and prayers out to the family and friends..

I don't remember hearing this news from last year but I am very sorry to hear that, Brought tears to my eyes. Your dad sounds like he was a wonderful man Kris, I will keep you and your family in my thoughts and prayers today. Seems to be more true every day that saying "Only the good die young" ((Huggs))

((((HUGS)))) Kristen!! I know your father is very proud of you, I'm sure you feel his presence each and every day.

I remember Kristen's post from last year very well. I cried for her then, and I cried again reading it this morning.

Kristen,

I know you suffered a terrible loss last year. It sounds like you had an amazing dad. You were so fortunate to have him even for a short time. There are so many kids out there who don't have a great dad or have never had a dad at all. From all the things I've read about you on this forum, all GOOD things, your dad would be so proud of your accomplishments and that you have gone on living your dreams even though he is gone. He is still with you, watching you every day with a smile on his face.

((((((((hugs))))))))) on this difficult day.

Kris I know your father is smiling on you from up above and is very proud of how you and your family have carried on in his memory. Take care and remember he's still cheering you and Bay Ghost on at every show! ((((HUGS))))

Wow, I too didnt see the post last year. I am so sorry for your loss. I lost my dad just 2 years ago and Im in my late 40s and it still hurt terrible. Just know that your dad is sooo proud of u and is watching over u. He is a true hero.

Oh my heart is breaking. Kris, I didn't know about this, but I can say that from your post a year ago, you are a very mature young lady! You have come a long way and not given up a dream that could have been null and void as of a year ago. You have a lot to be proud of. I am so sorry for your loss, but with our losses we gain character and courage. I love the family time and tree planing idea. Let you dad live on in your success. (((Hugs))) to you and your lovely family!

Kris..

I remember that post as well. I want to tell you that you have done such a great job keeping it together for such a young lady. May I take inspiration from you and hope that I can only cope with as much grace as you have.

Hugs

Kim

I was not a member for that post, but I am deeply sorry for your loss, and I just wanted to say you are a strong person. You are doing so well in everything you do, and I know he would be proud.

I remember reading the post last year and how sad I felt for Kristen. I've noticed how well she has come to accept her Dad's death. Kristen doesn't know how proud of her I really am. She's so young and could have gone the other way, but she has remained focused of doing what her Daddy would want her to do, show her mini (and doing quite well). Her Dad is a hero and Kristen is following his footsteps.

Today is going to be a sad day for Kristen.
no.gif
Hope she feels better tomorrow.

I'm another one who remember that post a year ago. It was so sad. Kris, you are growing into a beautiful young lady, and your dad must be very proud of you. You and your family have held together. You have accomplished your dream of owning a mini. You are doing SO well showing him, too! Know that my thoughts are with you on this difficult day. All of your triumphs are witnessed by your daddy. In all of the hard times, his love surrounds you to lend you strength.

Kim R.

Wow! Tears here too. I remember the post from last year also.
sad.gif

{{{{{{Hugs}}}}}} to Kristin on this difficult day. You are a very strong girl.

wub.gif
Love from everyone at Littlefoot!

I cried when I got the phone call, and again when I read the post last year.

Kris, your Dad was a great man, and you know what? You are growing up just like him. I am very lucky to know such an amazing person like you. You have accomplished so much, and I know that your Dad would be very proud of you.

It's not only how he died that made him a hero, but also how he lived.

{{{Hugs}}} Kris.

Erin

I too remember that post very well. MY heart cried for you then as it does now. Kris to see your posts on here the last year I am so proud of the young lady you have become and I know you Dad is too. My heart goes out to you today and every day because your dad will always be missed . Cherish the good memories and keep him close in your heart. I still talk to my dad when I am driving . He has been gone 17 years. He is still solving my problems. He can't do much about the strange stares I get talking to myself though
sad.gif
Maryann

Breaks my heart reading that! So sorry for the loss of your dad. Im sure is proud of you and hopefully when you think of him it brings a big smile to your face now!

wub.gif
I am tearing up as well,I am sorry for the terrible loss you have experienced.

wub.gif

Bonnie

Kris,

As the numbing part of grief begins to ease, I hope you will feel your dad is still around and watching over you and your whole family. He physically was taken from you but his love never will be.

You are an amazing young woman and I'm sure he is very proud of you.

MA

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Back