It was amazing--and I feel so bad I never took a single pic

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dr. Pam

Reaction score
It was just Patty and I and three show horses (plus the 3 that were going to their new homes--Congrats Robby, Denise, and Bonnie). We decided to go the live in the barn route this year; boy, are we amatuers!! We walked around and have so many ideas for next year!! The first night was terrible for me, with the lights and all the noises, but from the second night on I was too tired to care!!

The stewards were great. We had to go back and forth past them many times daily, and we did not have nor see any issues with measuring. Period.

IMHO, this was the best Nationals in years for judging in all divisions. I disagreed with some of the placings (OMG, WHAT WERE THEY THINKING????? :new_shocked: once or twice) but hey, this is a horse show and they were all considerate, gave a good look at EVERY horse, got through the classes in a timely manner, and had a good time doing it.

People were buying horses left and right--I wish I had more driving hoses to sell! I am cleaned out; we need to get cracking on the next group!!

I still can't believe I didn't take any pictures. My excuse is it was just the two of us. I know--lame. Maybe it was the Watering Hole. Yeah, that's it. It's all Erica's fault. Hey--am I the only one who didn't know Jim McKieth from Snowberry is a honest to goodness musician?? He sings, plays the guitar and the harmonica all at the same time?

So many thoughts and impressions. I'm coming in late with this and so many have already talked about Nationals so I know readership will be WAY down, but it was wonderful. My daughter is the best. I only showed one class this year, and I was 11th on all three judges cards (Open Ladies Roadster Over). Patty competed in Youth and Open with SR Desert Sun, SR Desert Mist, and Erica's Gimmie Another Glance, and we came home with:

3 National Chamionships (Youth Driving Obstacle Over, Open Driving Obstacle Over, Youth Country Pleasure Under 13 to 17--41 horses in the class)

4 Reserve National Championships (Youth Showmanship 13-17 Over, Youth Obstacle Driving Under, Open Obstacle Driving Under, Youth Halter Obstacle Over)

24 total Top 10 ribbons--placing in Halter, Roadster, Showmanship, Pleasure Driving, Country Pleasure Driving, Versatility, Hunter, Jumper, Halter Obstacle, and Driving Obstacle. Patty and SR Desert Sun placed in all 8 of their Youth classes--not bad for an 11 year old broodmare. They were High Point One Horse/One Youth Combo in the 13-17 Over Division, and Patty was Overall Reserve High Point Youth 13-17. I am soooo proud of you, girl.

Thank you Erica for Lance, Larry Parnell for polishing him up for us, Robby and Marcia Barth for being there, Belinda Bagby for letting Patty handle Harry, Connie for the reunion with Spice, and to Amy Roberts for teaching me how to do real braids.

Last edited by a moderator:
Dr Pam.

YOUR AND PATTY BOTH ARE AWESOME.........................REMEMBER ITS ALL ABOUT FUN, and FOR ME, it wouldn't be FUN without you. I cannot wait till I get to see you both again next year...........

ROB

Rob, thank you. It was great to see you so happy, meet your fiance, and watch your beautiful mare strut her stuff. Put your running shoes on next year....

:aktion033: CONGRATULATIONS Pam and Patty!!! :aktion033:

I followed online some of Patty's results in youth .....
default_smile.png
I want to go next year.....I've got the show bug bad.....dreaming at night how to plan next season
default_wink.png
: Hope to see you next year! Glad you had a great nationals.....hey doing the barn thing is fun.....I liked staying at the state fair horse barn BETTER than the days inn hotel.....it was cleaner and wayyyy more fun. :new_shocked:

Rob, thank you. It was great to see you so happy, meet your fiance, and watch your beautiful mare strut her stuff. Put your running shoes on next year....
first I love reading about you and your daughters wins...............the enthusiasm is amazing......now I must hit this other topic....................

Hello ...............fiance........equals marriage.........equals....so whens the wedding??.........come on we all want to know :bgrin :bgrin :bgrin

congrats to Patty and Dr. Pam yay sounds like you did great......................... :aktion033: :aktion033:

Congratulations, Dr Pam and Patty!

Good to hear how well you did and good fun.

Anne

Dr. Pam it was really nice to meet you before you ran off for your roadster class and I did get a pic of you in the lineup anyway, I took one of you out on the rail too but it is too dark to salvage. This one is darkish too but until they invent a zoom flash that's what ya get.... :lol:

DRPAM.jpg

i had so much fun finally meeting you!! just wish there had been more time. hopefully ill see ya next year!

Dr Pam, I saw you several times and meant to say hello, but either you were busy or I was running somewhere lol. Congratulations on your daughters great show!

Jan

Hey Dr. Pam & Patty,

Congrats on your placings and win's at Nationals! You both did a fantastic job.

Karen

Congrats on a great show! And if you need any tips on "living" in the barn, I'm a pro! 2 most important things: ear plugs and a sleeping mask!

congratulations...you and Patty did a wonderful job and I always look forward to seeing both of you.

My daughter admires Patty very much and loves to watch her show. She is a wonderful role model - and not just regarding raising, training and showing her own horses. I am around teen-agers a lot and she is a stellar example of one that has her act together. I know how hard both of you work and watch you go to nationals and do so well is wonderful.

Patty was so kind to our daughter Samantha at her very first show three years ago when nothing was going right especially when she couldn't get her horse to jump and Patty comforted her and made her feel so much better and I (and Samantha) will always remember that. I think it has influenced her because she always goes out of her way to try and help out "new kids".

OH YEAH...you always downplay your role in all of this and you deserve a lot of credir, not only for your horses and their accomplishments, for being a great parent too.

[SIZE=12pt]Pam,[/SIZE]

I had a chance to watch finally this year, especially in the youth classes. EVERY time Patti walked in the ring all I could think was "Jeez, they look incredible!". I was so proud of her!!!

The below statement is quoted from Sanny and I ABSOLUTELY second this!!!!!!!

She is a wonderful role model - and not just regarding raising, training and showing her own horses. I am around teen-agers a lot and she is a stellar example of one that has her act together. I know how hard both of you work and watch you go to nationals and do so well is wonderful.

OH YEAH...you always downplay your role in all of this and you deserve a lot of credir, not only for your horses and their accomplishments, for being a great parent too.

:aktion033: Congratulations on your well deserved placings!

You have a beautiful daughter who is also very gracious and just plain nice!!

I love seeing this type of person do so well!!!

tell her hello from me!

Hugs

Bonnie

As always I loved our little chats and giggles :lol: and always have fun with you. Raven loves to see Patty and had a great time on her little drive with you. (what a lifesaver you were appearing at just the right moment)

Pat as always did great and is such a wonderful kid ( Ok almost a grown up I know) I know you are so proud of her and of course I am to she has grown up into such a amazing young women to think she was around Ravens age when we all first met.

All of this of course means you are a wonderful mom and woman and friend. Any time I get to spend with you is cherished!

Congratulations on all of your National Wins!!!

I never go to introduce myself but I did see you and Patty around a lot..... I was Reserve to her In Youth Country Pl. driving..... She did a Wonderful job!

Congratulations again!

Latest posts

Back