It looks like we are preggers

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rubyviewminis

Reaction score
IMG_0008.JPG

The red line popped up immediately and never went away, so I guess that means we are in foal? Darn sneaky horses. I waited too long to geld Mr. Fancy Prance, and Missy figured out how to duck and dash under the hot wire gate without getting zapped if we don't also close the livestock gate while "cleaning troughs, cleaning manure, fixing said fence, training other sneaky horses or whatever.* Sooo one time, only one time! She never had another heat cycle and today is day number 122. We also have her scheduled for a sonagram tomorrow because miracle of all miracles we have a wonderful experienced mobile veterinarian from northern California who is testing the waters through northern Nevada towns to see how much of a need he can fill. I researched him and his clinics before making an appointment and he has all the equipment and experience for miniature horses! I am so excited. I do have a wonderful vet here who has done so much for us and learned so much to help us out. He always has my minis best interests at heart. So I feel so lucky to have both opportunities for my horses.

I am excited and scared a little. At least I know not only the DAY, but the HOUR, and could break that down more if needed! That's a big improvement over last time as the bleary eyed months rolled on waiting. Well, if it pans out this should be one colorful foal. Thanks for sharing my news!

Hate to be a downer, but I think you need TWO lines to mean pregnant. The first line, "C", means control line, which should always show up. To be pg, there should be a 2nd line under the "I", I believe stands for indicator. Either way, if you have the vet coming out for a sonogram, you'll know soon anyway. I wish you luck!
default_yes.gif

It depends on which Wee Foal test was used. One is positive with 2 lines and the other with one. They are very different tests. Have to read the instructions. I have used both and can't remember which is which!

This is the WeeFoal 120 one line is positive. And that dark line popped up immediately. I was kinda hoping for a negative deep down. Dr. had to delay for an emergency in Winnemucca so he will be here in an hour and my girls are all washed and ready.

Thank you for the Marestare invite. I will check into that later!

Congrats Becky!
default_smile.png

I love foaling season
default_smile.png

Susan O.

default_smile.png
Thanks Susan! This vet didn't want to do the sonogram either unless it was absolutely necessary. He says his hands are so big it is risky with the little mares, and it made sense to me. I just appreciate it so much when they have concern for the patient. I will know soon enough when I feel that movement, Missy will just have to put up with my harassment again, she actually loves attention. She never had another heat cycle and she has seemed pretty pleased with herself all summer like the last time she was in foal.

But they all got chiropractic adjustments and he asked me if I was showing Jewel. Took me by surprise, but then, my baby is pretty and knows it
default_smile.png

Latest posts

Back